04.07.13

Chloe Moretz for InStyle UK August 2013

InStyle-issue-August-cover-Chloe-Moretz

Chloe Moretz graces the cover of InStyle UK’s August 2013 issue wearing a Christian Dior Fall 2013 black-and-white-houndstooth and pink-crochet dress.

The 16-year-old actress, who stars in the upcoming movie ‘Carrie’ alongside Hollywood star Julianne Moore, also wears bright-hued looks by Simone Rocha and Jeremy Scott in her editorial.

She talks to the mag about the prospect of falling in love one day, high-powered meetings in Hollywood, her parents’ break up and her mum’s cancer diagnosis.

Here are some extracts from her interview. To read more, head over to InStyle.co.uk.

On the prospect of falling in love one day: “You think, ‘Who’s out to deceive me?’ That’s hard. Especially growing up and liking guys and, maybe, ‘Do you want to be in a relationship? Is this person trying to be in my life because I’m famous?’ You can’t just like someone. They might be using you. I talk to Julianne [Moore, her co-star in 'Carrie'] about it and she says, ‘Look, just be careful. Trust your judgement but don’t get in too deep sometimes.’ Because, you know, when you’re young, you fall in love and don’t know it’s happening.”

On having high-powered meetings in Hollywood: “What have I got to be intimidated about? I talk to Donna [Langley, co-chair of Universal Pictures] or someone like that, and they’re like, ‘We’d love to do stuff with you. I’ll tell you our slate, tell us what you’re interested in.’ …Sometimes they’ll just be, ‘It’s so weird, you are 16 years old. You don’t talk like my kid does.’ And I’m like, ‘Trust me, when I’m with friends I might.’”

On her mum and dad’s break up, and her mum’s cancer diagnosis: “It made me realise, along with everything that happened with my dad, that your parents aren’t these godly figures. They’re not chosen by the heavens. They’re humans. Their bodies can fail and they can die at any moment. They make mistakes. They cry. They fight. It definitely, from a young age, put everything into perspective for me.”

Credit: InStyle UK

Nicole Scherzinger In Hugo Boss - X Factor Cardiff Auditions

Nicole Scherzinger In Hugo Boss – X Factor Cardiff Auditions

Further Mark Downs In The Net-A-Porter International Sale

Further Mark Downs In The Net-A-Porter International Sale

21 Responses to Chloe Moretz for InStyle UK August 2013

1. Lee Ann July 4, 2013 at 13:12 #

I love the Dior dress and wish we could see more of it. I do have a slight problem with a 16 year old wearing a £3000 + dress but at least its not Teen Vogue.

• Kathy July 4, 2013 at 17:53 #

I’m just curious as to why you find that a problem. Lots of young celebrities get lent expensive dresses for special occasions (Hailee Steinfeld, Elle Fanning, Ariel Winter, etc.) but it’s not as if their closets are chock-full of four-digit splurges. It’s just a magazine cover, and I’m sure not every teenager who puts on a Dior dress gets the urge to go out and buy it for herself.

• Lee Ann July 5, 2013 at 09:24 #

I also have a problem with celebrities beig lent dresses. I work long and hard to afford dior and it pisses me off that some tween can waltz in and borrow a dress. I understand why the brands do this but ir still grates.
        I would like to see these dresses worn by the age group of woman who buy them not tweens promoting a movie. I also think the dress is far too okd foer a 16 year old.

• Kathy July 5, 2013 at 16:11 #

Key word here being “lent”. They’re borrowing the dress, for a day or two at most, not owning them. They don’t pay money, but they also don’t get to keep the clothing (gifted items are, of course, another story). It’s akin to the Cinderella dilemma. One night in a fancy gown, and then it’s back to wearing normal, age-appropriate clothing. No harm done. That’s just the way I see it.

• Lee Ann July 5, 2013 at 18:44 #

If I was lent dresses I would be a lot richer – that’s how I see it.

2. JC July 4, 2013 at 13:41 #

It’s not from Dior’s 2013 Spring/Summer Haute Couture, it’s from Fall/Winter 2013 RTW

3. Yeliz July 4, 2013 at 13:51 #

I really like the cover.

4. Jolene July 4, 2013 at 15:29 #

Dior again. I LOVE IT. Such a winner.

5. KatieKate July 4, 2013 at 16:02 #

She seems very mature and down to earth–here’s hoping she stays that course. I love the cover look, esp. her makeup and darker hair, it really suits her.

6. Lalaine July 4, 2013 at 16:16 #

Correct brand, wrong collection. Chloe’s dress is from FW13 RTW.

• Catherine Kallon July 4, 2013 at 17:10 #

ok, thanks

7. Kathy July 4, 2013 at 18:04 #

This interview feels kind of forced to me. The whole name-dropping Julianne and Donna thing makes me want to laugh. Right, because these people you’ve just finished working with on a film suddenly became your life coach. “Your parents aren’t godly figures?” Call me rude, but that’s something one figures out at the age of nine.

• KatieKate July 4, 2013 at 18:25 #

You’re rude.

• Kathy July 5, 2013 at 01:40 #

Thanks so much for your bitingly original input. I’ll do my best to avoid receiving it in the future.

• KatieKate July 5, 2013 at 06:12 #

Oh, it’s not original at all, in fact if you read your original comment you will see that it actually came straight from you. If you start out a sentence with, “Call me rude, but…., then you can’t exactly get upset when someone does. Lol.

• Kathy July 5, 2013 at 16:06 #

Sarcasm is REALLY lost on you, isn’t it?

• JR July 5, 2013 at 01:56 #

She and Moore are pretty close. Moore showed up unannounced at Moretz’ birthday party and Moore spent time with Chloe’s family in Cancun during a promo trip. It’s not surprising that they would talk about things.

8. Christine July 5, 2013 at 02:43 #

She looks like a totally different person on the cover. Beyond her years.

• TL July 5, 2013 at 04:06 #

9. Carla July 5, 2013 at 20:54 #

Based on all the commentary about this young girl on this site and elsewhere in the past few years, I’d say she is one to watch and not in a good way–I think she and her handlers and maturing her too quickly. First it was too-high heels, then too-mature clothes, and now this interview in which she sounds too “Hollywood.” She’s talented, but say a novena for this one.

• JR July 5, 2013 at 22:51 #

She has a reputation of being extremely professional and grounded. She’s even self-described “straight-laced.” Just because she’s worldly and wears nice clothes doesn’t mean there’s something wrong with her. Save your prayers for those who need them.