Rinko Kikuchi In Marios Schwab – ‘Pacific Rim’ Mexico City Premiere

Rinko Kikuchi In Marios Schwab - 'Pacific Rim' Mexico City Premiere

Rinko Kikuchi attended the ‘Pacific Rim’ Mexico City premiere held at Reforma 222 in Mexico yesterday evening.

I was delighted that the Asian actress opted for one of those difficult-to-wear pieces from the Marios Schwab Fall 2013 collection, which actresses have been avoiding thus far.

Delighted, but not surprised, as Rinko is something of a red carpet daredevil who never takes the easy route.

The long-sleeved eggplant satin gown with a nude sheer yoke and embellished nude skirt with a satin trim was styled with a Mawi amethyst-shard-and-large-crystal choker.

I love the addition of the choker, not only because it looks like part of the gown, but also because it covers the neckline, which would’ve given away the illusion.

Am I alone in wanting to see this up for BDOTW?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

21 thoughts on “Rinko Kikuchi In Marios Schwab – ‘Pacific Rim’ Mexico City Premiere

1. Emmeline

This could have turned out badly, but I think Rinko is pulling it off in a big way.

I really think the choker makes a world of difference, my eye goes straight to it. I’d be happy to see this up for BDOTW.

2. Yeliz

I’m not a fan of the gown in particular, but she makes it work. I also like the addition of the choker.

3. TeaAtTwo

A big improvement after her last appearance on this site. Few celebs could’ve made this difficult gown work well but she has.

4. CreoleLady

If it didn’t scream “fall”, I’d be head over heels. Still, her fearlessness cancels out season inappropriateness for me. BDOTW contender imo.

5. Elle

It definitely looks better on her than on the runway model, but I am still not feeling this gown :S

6. Marybeth

I’m not so sure about the dress itself but she has taken an iffy garment and created a stunning overall look. BDOTW contender for sure.

7. Christopher

As the leading lady of the highly anticipated movie Pacific Rim, Rinko Kikuchi is hoped to give us some high-glamour on the red carpet!! Apparently she didn’t disappoint at her first promo tour stop, Mexico by wearing this one-of-a-kind Marios Schwab number which consists of a long-sleeve eggplant dress with nude sheer yoke and embellished sheer skirt!!! The addition of the choker is genius as it gives the illusion as the part of the gown which prevent the neckline to be too bare!! Love her slicked back hair and nude makeup too!! BDOTW contender perhaps!! I hope the Japanese actress will give us more in the upcoming London and Los Angeles premiere!! What an amazing job, Rinko!!! Much better than her Kenzo disaster months ago!! Wow!!

8. KatieKate

It took me a few moments to let it all sink in, but overall, I really have to give her credit. She took a bold risk-always welcome on the RC over boring and predictable, in my book. And she made excellent styling choices. At the end of the at, this will be a look I will remember, and that is saying something. I agree-BDOTW nominee.