Chanel Fall 2013 Couture Show Front Row

Chanel Front Row 1

Chanel’s Fall 2013 Couture show took place at the Grand Palais in Paris, France this morning, with celebrity guests from all over the world taking seats in the front row.

Rihanna: The singer, who was out at dinner in Paris last night, wore a full-length Chanel cardigan from the Resort 2014 collection, making full use of the opening, which acted as a slit to show off her pins. As for the plunge, she decorated it with an array of Chanel pearl necklaces – just not enough to cover that tattoo on her chest. The rest of her accessories included a cream quilted vanity case and cream pumps with a black toecap, both of which are from the Chanel Resort 2014 collection. Even though this look could be considered just-rolled-out-of-bed, I have to say she makes it work for her.

Kristen Stewart: The ‘Twilight’ actress has sat front row at many shows for Balenciaga, but this was her first show during Couture week. No one should be surprised she opted for the shortest shorts Chanel have ever produced, teaming them with a white double-breasted jacket from Chanel’s Resort 2014 collection. Her menswear-inspired look was styled with black leather fingerless gloves, chain bracelets, Jean-Michel Cazabat Evangelina pumps, a slicked-back ponytail and smoky eyes. Love her or loathe her, she totally nailed this look. It’s everything I would expect from Kristen, with an extra dose of attitude.

Clemence Poesy: The French actress selected a Chanel Spring 2013 boucle skirt suit inspired by a classic tuxedo. While it’s an interesting look, it feels weighty. I would’ve loved Clemence to have selected something from the Resort 2014 collection.

Chanel Front Row 2

Rose Byrne: The Australian actress was oozing pure elegance in her Chanel button-print gown with black bow accents on the shoulders. This was my favourite look of this group. The styling is so effortless, unlike some of those above, with silver jewels, a quilted clutch and red lippie providing the finishing touches.

Lin Chi-ling: The Asian actress selected a black slit-to-the-thigh Chanel Pre-Fall 2013 pleated gown with an embellished yoke and buckle-like details on the side. Once again I am surprised that a Pre-Fall 2013 Chanel look is much improved on the red carpet; however, I have to question why one would wear a dress with such a dramatic slit then cover her legs with tights.

Miroslava Duma: The fashion editor was back to her best, throwing on a grey tweed Chanel Pre-Fall 2013 jacket with red-black-and-white trims over her casual Breton-stripe top and cuffed denim shorts. I love the effortless styling, which included platform sandals and her chic chain-accented Chanel hip flask.

Zhou Xun: The Asian beauty was considerably more low key than several of the other attendees, but her look should still be considered chic. She wore a black-and-white Chanel printed Resort 2014 top with a pleather pleated skirt, styling her look with a Chanel Lego clutch and black-and-white pumps.

Who gets your vote for best dressed at this event?

Chanel Runway

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Elie Saab Fall 2013 Couture Live Stream

Elie Saab Fall 2013 Couture Live Stream

Rinko Kikuchi In Marios Schwab - 'Pacific Rim' Mexico City Premiere

Rinko Kikuchi In Marios Schwab – ‘Pacific Rim’ Mexico City Premiere

50 Responses to Chanel Fall 2013 Couture Show Front Row

1. Beta July 2, 2013 at 17:12 #

Surprinsigly I dig Rihanna’s look

More conventionally, my favourites are Lin Chi-ling and Zhou Xun. From the various chanel events, my conclusion is that Asians do it best

2. Moxie July 2, 2013 at 17:19 #

Zhou Xun is my favorite of the bunch. Kristen Stewart is my second, to my shock.

• Moxie July 2, 2013 at 17:20 #

I’d have loved Clemence’s look, if this were Fall or Winter. But not in July.

3. julyol1972 July 2, 2013 at 17:19 #

I like Rihanna’s and Rose Bryne’s (FC, she’s Australian, not American) looks. I don’t like Kristen’s because it feels contrived with the addition of the gloves. The others are just ok, nothing really stands out.

4. Marko_M July 2, 2013 at 17:21 #

Completely in love with Rihanna’s and Kristen’s looks. They definitely played to their strong suits. I also can’t remember the last time KStew looked this cool and confident.

BTW…Rih instagrammed that she went straight from a night out to the Chanel show in the morning :)

5. Yeliz July 2, 2013 at 17:21 #

Kristen is my favourite of the bunch. The fit of the jacket, her styling and her attitude is perfect. Can I wish her look to be up for BDOTW as a birthday gift? :)
    My other favourites are Rose (even though her look is a bit OTT) and Miroslava.

• Catherine Kallon July 2, 2013 at 20:15 #

Happy Birthday…I hope you had a great day

• Yeliz July 2, 2013 at 22:19 #

Thank you, Catherine xx I had to study all day, but the evening was nice

6. K July 2, 2013 at 17:27 #

Rose Byrne is Australian! Not an American actress…

• Catherine Kallon July 2, 2013 at 18:01 #

Of course she is…oopsy…my bad. thanks :D

7. Lily July 2, 2013 at 17:27 #

If Kristen had worn a belt,she would have been the best dressed here,imho.

8. Kathy July 2, 2013 at 17:29 #

Rose and Chi-ling look gorgeous, but overdressed much? I actually quite like Rihanna’s look. She has the attitude to pull something like that off. Kristen is trying way too hard, even her posture and expression scream “I have no idea what I’m doing, and what are these things on my hands?”.

9. Angie July 2, 2013 at 17:30 #

1. Rose Byrne
    2. Zhou Xun
    3. Lin Chi-ling (but why the tights??)
    Miroslava is really cute but I like the pockets of her shorts, Rihanna’s dress looks more like a dressing gown and I find the whole look tacky, Kristen’s could have been a nice look with less short shorts and without those try-to-hard leather gloves. Clemence’s look is just bad.

10. Pedro July 2, 2013 at 17:31 #

Rihanna looks amazing! Chic, bold and stylish… i love her

Kristen look is so Madonna-ish

11. Emmeline July 2, 2013 at 17:32 #

Rose is my favorite, followed by Lin and then Zhou.

Logically I feel like I should hate Rihanna’s look, but I don’t.

12. vicky July 2, 2013 at 17:35 #

Rihanna looks ridiculous! The pictures of her walking to the venue only enhances the need for a few more buttons to be closed. Attention seeker at its finest.

Rose and Zhou are the only good things in this post (Clemence as well but totally agening and boring choice)

13. Magdalena July 2, 2013 at 17:37 #

My favourites are Rose, Clemence, and Miroslava (I think her platforms are actually by Prada)

14. gabis July 2, 2013 at 17:41 #

Even though I loathe the leather gloves I still think Kristen Stewart was the best dressed. You can tell she feels confident and comfortable on it and therefore gorgeous. I’d put it up for BDOTW.

15. Anne July 2, 2013 at 17:45 #

Kristen and Rose are my favorites- they represent two sides of the Chanel spectrum. Kristen had some gorgeous barrettes in her hair that I would throw someone in front of a bus to own.

• Mandy July 3, 2013 at 02:49 #

I agree. Both looks are completely opposite but are perfect for the women wearing them.

• Denise July 3, 2013 at 08:34 #

Totally agree. I hate to say it but Rihanna looks trashy…

16. Lisa July 2, 2013 at 17:47 #

Rose is the best. Surprisingly, I like Kristen. Would have loved it if she hadn’t worn the gloves.

I usually like Rhianna, but this fails all levels of decency. When you can see her nips plus nip ring and she has to hold the “robe” together (http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/rihanna-attends-the-chanel-show-as-part-of-paris-fashion-news-photo/172126458) when she walks, it DOES NOT WORK. Screams desperate, trashy, etc…

• KatieKate July 3, 2013 at 22:40 #

Thank you for the link, I always so appreciate additional context.

17. Scarlett July 2, 2013 at 17:51 #

Kristen and Rihanna just look too try hard. It’s just laughable. I think Rose looks really pretty, Clemence looks fantastic even if it is particularly seasonal.

18. dee July 2, 2013 at 18:06 #

My favorite is Kristen. She stanfs out the most for me in a good way. I also like Rose and Zhou’s looks.

• dee July 2, 2013 at 18:09 #

*stands

• Catherine Kallon July 2, 2013 at 20:14 #

• Dhppy July 6, 2013 at 19:43 #

Thank you. The shoes were the only thing I loved on the whole page.

19. Lisa July 2, 2013 at 19:03 #

Rhianna just looks desperate and trashy. When you can see pierced body parts and she has to hold the “robe” closed when she walks – that defies all levels of decency.

20. Nat39 July 2, 2013 at 20:02 #

Even though her look is a bit too heavy for the season, Clemence is easily the best of the bunch for me, classic with style. Rose – 2nd. Rihanna is a mess, and Kristen teaming such a classy feminine jacket with those shorts and edgy accessories… no.

21. GGG July 2, 2013 at 20:05 #

Rose Bryne is the only look I really love. Miroslava Duma is okay… The rest look like they’re trying WAY too hard. Kristen Stewart looks awful.

22. admmgz July 2, 2013 at 20:05 #

My favorite is Kristen Stewart. I love the entire look- from her pretty hairstyle with the gorgeous diamanté Chanel bows *courtesy of Ken O’Rourke*, to the classic Chanel top paired with the edgy black shorts & shoes. I adore all of the accessories (including her gloves). The look is young and totally Chanel :)

23. Christine July 2, 2013 at 20:28 #

Kristen Stewart is shutting it down!!! Yes BDOTW worthy!!!!
    This is her element.

Love Rihanna’s look as well.

24. Tahveeya Chism July 2, 2013 at 20:43 #

Absalutely gorgous but than again who goes wrong with chanel. love every single line!

25. Noemi July 2, 2013 at 20:46 #

It’s the first time I like a look from Rihanna… so strange. Not particularly classy, because of the slit, but I like it. Lin Chi-Ling is the best, for me, even if I don’t understand the tights in july.

26. Aparajita July 2, 2013 at 22:55 #

Love Kristen’s look, she’s my favorite of the bunch. Rihanna comes in second :)

27. CTgirl July 2, 2013 at 23:55 #

Kristen Stewart is actually wearing cut off pants and not proper shorts.

28. noo July 3, 2013 at 00:01 #

i love rihanna and kristen’s looks!

29. Valeria July 3, 2013 at 00:47 #

Now accents anywhere if you’re older than 8-no, thank you. Tights on a Chinese-normal, it’s 35*C in Shanghai now, and I see it every day. They explain to me it’s their sunscreen. Everyone looks awful except Kristen Stewart, although I am longing for spicier heels

30. Valeria July 3, 2013 at 00:48 #

*bow accents. :)

31. np July 3, 2013 at 04:31 #

Kristen is the best. She got everything correct – hair, makeup, shoes, clothes and accessories.

32. kane July 3, 2013 at 05:57 #

Nobody wows me here, but the runners up are:
    Lin Chi-ling (why the tights again?)
    Rihanna (pretty much the other way round: I like the concept, but slighly more buttoned up would have been nice)
    Zhou Xun (like top and skirt, but shoes and bag are boring)

33. Leigh July 3, 2013 at 06:16 #

Kristen Stewart totally nailed her look from head to toe!

34. bijuk July 3, 2013 at 08:18 #

to my surprise, I love everything about Kristen Stewart look here… my second would be Rihanna and Rose Byrne

35. m July 3, 2013 at 11:39 #

i totally adore k stews look… top to toe perfection for me.. totally rocking it!!!!

36. Ariadne July 3, 2013 at 13:27 #

My faves here are from Clemence and Rose.. Kristen’s trying TOO hard.. I’m not buying it.

37. Cass July 3, 2013 at 14:32 #

Best dressed would be Kristen Stewart for me!

38. KatieKate July 3, 2013 at 22:39 #

Wow, I love seeing people on such opposite ends of the spectrum giving their opinions–so impassioned. I find myself in a bit of a pickle b/c I agree with both ends on both Rihanna’s and Kristen’s looks. Like I kinda’ love ‘em, but I also think they are awfully tryhard and obnoxious. Is that even possible? Anyway, I guess if RiRi had buttoned some more buttons, I would’ve been totally on board, and if KStew had opted for an extra inch on those shorts’ (the gloves actually have grown on me), then I might even have said BDOTW-worthy. But alas, no, I shall reserve said nom for another, but not from this group.

39. Lex July 4, 2013 at 11:47 #