01.07.13

Christian Dior Fall 2013 Couture Front Row

Christian Dior Fall 2013 Couture Front Row

Several stars arrived at the Hotel Des Invalides in Paris, France this afternoon for the Christian Dior Fall 2013 Couture presentation, with Marion Cotillard as the surprise absentee.

Jennifer Lawrence: The Oscar-winning actress and current face of Miss Dior was of course front row, getting a first look at her next red carpet look, no doubt. Jennifer selected a printed pastel-metallic guipure top with charcoal wool trousers with a stripe down one side and pleats down the other from the Resort 2014 collection. Black Dior sunglasses, shoes and a Dior fine jewelry ‘Bois de Rose’ bracelet. You are expecting me to say that I dislike the black pumps; well, I am too busy saving all my dislike for those pants. The colour, the style, the pleats: nothing about them work for me.

Miroslava Duma: After a pretty lacklustre weekend fashion-wise, Miroslava finally gives me a red carpet look I can love. The fashion editor selected a Dior Resort 2014 ivory bustier dress with blue-, orange- and pink-striped panels, which she styled with an Hermes black bag and lust-worthy blue pumps.

Olivia Palermo: The socialite, who is a regular in the front row at Dior, wore a full Dior look. Usually she marches to the beat of her own drum and will wear even high-street looks like Zara and Topshop to Fashion week; on this occasion she wore a Dior white jacket paired with a pink-and-blue organza skirt with all-Dior accessories, including cuffs on both wrists, an embellished belt, and a white clutch. I love everything bar the skirt. I almost wish the jacket was long enough to pass off as a dress.

Christian Dior Fall 2013 Couture Front Row 2

Leelee Sobieski: The unofficial ambassador for Dior wore a blue denim Dior short-sleeved jumpsuit styled with Dior Andy Warhol printed pumps, a simple bun and red lips. Even though her pants are similar to Jennifer’s, she pulls off this look with great aplomb.

Gemma Arterton: The British actress has worn those Dior Spring 2013 pumps on nearly every one of her recent red carpet appearances, and it looks like her dedication paid off with an invite to today’s show. The rest of her Dior look included a black sleeveless top, pants and a Dior bag. It may not stand out like the other look, yet she’s just as elegant.

Christian Dior Fall 2013 Couture Front Row 3

Lea Seydoux: The actress looked divine wearing a red Dior short-sleeved frock with a cascading ruffle peplum. The neon-yellow Jimmy Choo ‘Lance’ sandals are a perfect way to complete this sophisticated look with a frill.

Anna Dello Russo: As we know, the fashion editor loves fashion, but she’s not too proud to wear a look twice. We first saw this Balenciaga Spring 2013 ensemble when she graced the red carpet at the amfAR Gala during Cannes Film Festival. On this occasion, she styled the look with shades, cuffs and a mini Hermes Kelly bag. Is the look just as good the second time around?

Credit: Getty

Mariah Carey In Pavoni by Mikael D - 2013 BET Performance

Mariah Carey In Pavoni by Mikael D – 2013 BET Performance

Naya Rivera In Emilio Pucci - 2013 BET Awards

Naya Rivera In Emilio Pucci – 2013 BET Awards

49 Responses to Christian Dior Fall 2013 Couture Front Row

1. Oscar July 1, 2013 at 18:30 #

Where is Marion Cotillard??

• Paulyne July 1, 2013 at 18:46 #

She was in Monaco with Guillaume and her son Marcel. I’m soooo disappointed she wasn’t there :(

• Markness July 2, 2013 at 03:01 #

I was thinking the same thing! I couldn’t find Marion anywhere. Well, she’s spending time with her family so that’s good. :)

2. justme July 1, 2013 at 18:33 #

Léa is easily my favourite here. Beautiful from head to toe.

I have no words for Jennifer. From the pants to the pose… just woof.

• KatieKate July 2, 2013 at 00:54 #

LOL to “…Just woof”!! Omg, I truly, truly did laugh out loud!! Ha Ha!

• Christine July 2, 2013 at 02:49 #

LMAO

3. Yeliz July 1, 2013 at 18:41 #

Totally love Lea and Miroslava’s looks. So beautiful, fresh and summery. Gemma’s look is very chic and lovely. Jennifer’s pants are horrendous, major thumbs down.

• Mandy July 2, 2013 at 02:23 #

Agree with everything. Lea is my favourite, so refreshing.

4. H July 1, 2013 at 18:42 #

Wow, I find myself loving everyone here but I really like Olivia, Lea, Leelee, the beautiful russian brunette, but Gemma Arterton, wow, love her.

5. Leeann July 1, 2013 at 18:47 #

Jennifer is wearing resort 14 but it looks awful. I was going to buyLea’s dress but couldn’t put it on without help- it is actually a dress with in a dress and the back has 2 hooks to attach the swag at the side and the back. From the back it is divine.

6. Anj July 1, 2013 at 18:58 #

I love everything about Olivia’s look except for her shoes. She’s my favorite with Leelee coming in second.

7. Emmeline July 1, 2013 at 19:05 #

Leelee, Miroslava and Lea are my favorites.

I’m assuming that Dior dressed Jennifer for the show, and in that case I’m left wondering why they hate their own representative. Those pants should be burned.

• Nat39 July 1, 2013 at 19:32 #

Same here, Leelee, Lea and Miroslava.

• TeaAtTwo July 1, 2013 at 21:29 #

Miroslava, Lea and Leelee are best dressed here. Olivia’s outfit is nice enough ankles up, I wish she’d chosen silver pumps or Miroslava’s lovely blue shoes.

• Nat July 2, 2013 at 16:54 #

I agree

8. dee July 1, 2013 at 19:21 #

Love Leelee and Lea’s looks. I like Gemma’s look. Miroslava and Olivia look OK. JLaw and ADR look terrible.

9. Renee July 1, 2013 at 19:27 #

I’m thinking Jennifer kept the sunglasses on so we wouldn’t see the look of embarrassment in her eyes.

Leelee and Lea were the definite standouts here. Dior should consider them for the next representatives.

• ash July 2, 2013 at 12:58 #

10. Neli July 1, 2013 at 19:45 #

Love Lea look!

11. Marybeth July 1, 2013 at 20:19 #

Lea and Leelee look great! Gemma, Miroslava, and Olivia look okay.
    As for Jennifer Lawrence — well, let’s just say that the shoes are the HIGH point of her look.

12. Noemi July 1, 2013 at 20:25 #

Leelee Sobieski is my favorite. Absolutely chic.

13. Eimear July 1, 2013 at 20:35 #

Jennifer Lawrence looks like she made it herself… some of Raf Simons Dior designs are just bad full stop. What IS that.. skirt trousers monstrosity! It looks like a first year in Art College made it… :\

14. Laura July 1, 2013 at 20:35 #

Lea of course !!

15. jeremyrain July 1, 2013 at 21:03 #

ADR’s tummy. One word: No. She needs to stop advertising those wrinkles on her stomach.

16. TeaAtTwo July 1, 2013 at 21:30 #

Anna would have better off repeating her coral Dior dress from last week.

17. Elle July 1, 2013 at 21:33 #

Leelee’s my favourite out of the bunch… I like Olivia’s outfit, but not a fan of the shows and the same goes for Miroslava’s bag.

18. Moxie July 1, 2013 at 21:42 #

Jennifer’s skirt/pant combo thing is a hot mess.

I like Miroslava’s look, except for that pink panel. I brighter color would have worked better.

Lea is by far the best dressed of the bunch.

19. Lorena July 1, 2013 at 22:02 #

Honestly, if Raf isn’t doing something boring, he is doing something ugly. I really don’t think he’s fit for Dior. There is no glamour(or beauty) in his creations.

• dee July 2, 2013 at 15:51 #

+1.

20. Prudence July 1, 2013 at 22:38 #

everyone on this page looks decent. Like I said, wearing dior these days will never get you looking anything but decent. Now, I am soooo shocked Anna is wearing that Balenciaga again, she says she never wears anyting twice and like why would she people are dying to dress her all the time. She must really love this outfit.

• KatieKate July 2, 2013 at 01:03 #

I was crestfallen when I saw ADR in this repeat–would have never ever expected her to wear anything twice–she knows she will be photographed, I can’t help but think there must be SOME reason, like she made some bet with one of her friends on something and they said, “If you lose, you have to wear one of your recently worn, most memorable ensembles for your next RC event”. And clearly she lost. There simply could not be a more reasonable explanation, right?? Anyway, it’s probable that I will lose sleep over this conundrum.

21. admmgz July 1, 2013 at 22:41 #

My favorites were Leelee, Gemma & Lea by far!

As far as poor Jennifer…Idk- words can’t describe how much I’m horrified by this look…I like her sunglasses though ;) lol

22. Lily July 1, 2013 at 23:08 #

As much as I try, nothing or no one-not even Marion- will make me fall in love with this collection. Leelee looks great but there is no WOW factor.

• Shalini Lahiri July 2, 2013 at 04:32 #

Completely agree. I feel very strongly that very, very few Dior looks from the recent collections (except maybe a few couturegowns) have looked good. I don’t think Raf Simons is doing any justice to Dior. I particularly dislike the t-shirt+voluminous skirts look. (in cheap-looking material-even though it’s not)

• dee July 2, 2013 at 15:52 #

I agree. Dior is awful now.

• Nat July 2, 2013 at 17:14 #

100% agree with you

23. KatieKate July 2, 2013 at 01:09 #

For anyone who thought the Resort collection was bad, or Raf at Dior period, for that matter….just wait until you see the Couture collection. Just you wait. I have been a big supporter of RAf and his collections thus far for Dior. I have really loved them all, and have enjoyed seeing star after star on the RC in his creations. But all that came to a screeching halt today as I browaed the Fall 2013 Couture collection. One word: Fugly. And that’s the nicest word I could muster. So sad….:(

• Lee Ann July 2, 2013 at 10:30 #

I was at Dior yesterday and saw some of the AW 13 from the press office- in real life the Clothes were stunning even the crouched monstrosity that Maggie wore was beautiful and very Dior.

However I cannot remotely see how this Couture collection can be better in real life. It lacked focus and accept for perhaps 3 of the 50 odd looks was unwearable. The critics however loved it.

• KatieKate July 2, 2013 at 15:00 #

I am really interested to know what FC thought of this collection. I usually agree with Tim Blanks’ critiques, but not here, he did refer to the fact that others found it unappealing, saying the collection was “chaotic, in need of an edit”. Um, yeah, except I wouldn’t know what to keep….

• Catherine Kallon July 2, 2013 at 15:22 #

I thought it lacked cohesion and was a bit all over the place, but here were some pretty pieces I can see on the red carpet.

• Prudence July 3, 2013 at 00:00 #

ahah thats funny, because I have not loved Raf at Dior, other than his first outing at the house which was during the couture show everything has been a hot mess for me. However, this collection I realy enjoyed, I think there are a lot of things that styled properly would look great on a FEW actresses. However I do agree some pieces were just all over the damn place and should have never been made but we all know Raf has a lot of those WTF moments in his shows.

• Thaís July 3, 2013 at 01:09 #

I absolutely loved his first collection, the Fall Couture 2012. I remember being really excited about all the looks. That collection was at the same time true to the house heritage and Simons’ more modern view. But with every shown since them, the only thing I feel is disappointment, with maybe 2 or 3 looks worth of the Dior House. It is the opposite of my reaction to Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli at Valentino, who I think are producing more beautiful and stunning clothes each collection. I hope I made sense! ;)

24. Eve_V July 2, 2013 at 01:32 #

And here I was, thinking that Jennifer Lawrence and Dior collaboration has finally found the right gear. Nope. These pants (can we still call them pants btw?) are the most horrific thing I’ve seen this year, fashion-wise.
    As for the best look, I would have gone for Miroslava had it not been for the black patent bag that has no place next to that perfect summer dress. So my vote goes to Lea Seydoux.

25. Laura July 2, 2013 at 01:45 #

What is going on with J-law’s pants?! terrible

26. Christine July 2, 2013 at 02:43 #

My favorites are Miroslava Duma, Leelee, Gemma and Lea.

I can’t take Anna Dello Russo seriously.

27. MaddyEliza July 2, 2013 at 05:08 #

I love Lea’s look!! Miroslava looks really good too!
    No one else impresses. I feel bad for JLaw and I just laugh every time I see ADR. Lol she’s so ridiculous…and she loses whatever little cred she had in my eyes by wearing that outfit twice AND by wearing Balenciaga to a Dior show. Unless you’re Kate Middleton, you can’t get away with recycling your outfits, and especially not if you’re a fashion editor.

28. kane July 2, 2013 at 05:21 #

Leelee and Léa for me! Miroslava had finished a closer third than she did if the bag didn’t feel so heavy. The shoes are a good choice.

29. Ariadne July 2, 2013 at 12:38 #

Jennifer Lawrence and Anna Dello Russo are the worst among the bunch. Everyone else looks great.

30. Jess2 July 24, 2013 at 04:38 #

Yes Anna, we got it the first time.
    Lea was dynamite – perfect from head to toe. Leelee also looks amazing, she really is well suited to Dior. I think Leelee’s jumpsuit would look awesome with Gemma’s shoes as well.