Menswear Round Up

Menswear Friday

David Beckham: The former footballer started his day front row at Louis Vuitton’s Spring 2014 menswear show as the fashion circus moved from Milan to Paris. David was, of course, decked out in LV, looking looking devilishly handsome in a dressy-casual look consisting of a navy-blue blazer, green tee, dark-wash jeans and lace-up brown boots.

Johnny Depp: Still stuck on pinstripes, the actor attended the Moscow photocall for his latest movie ‘The Lone Ranger’ in Russia yesterday afternoon. He wore another pair of brown pinstripe pants with a Greg Lauren brown suede vest, with a white shirt by the same designer. Familiar styling, including shades, eclectic necklaces, a blue bandana and battered shoes, completed his look.

Matthew Morrison: The ‘Glee’ actor joined a host of lovely ladies at the Serpentine Gallery Summer Party on Wednesday evening, wearing a grey check suit to which he added a quirky touch via his green bow tie.

Menswear Friday 2

Armie Hammer: The actor joined Johnny Depp at ‘The Lone Ranger’ Moscow photocall wearing a navy G-Star shirt, J Brand jeans and Wolverine boots for a manly, rugged no-nonsense look.

David Beckham: Making the short journey back to London, David Beckham attended the opening of the new Breitling flagship store yesterday evening. The suited and booted star smouldered in a sleek charcoal-grey suit with a white pin-dot shirt and navy tie, with a Breitling timepiece completing his look.

John Travolta: The Hollywood star cut the ribbon at the Breitling store opening, wearing an ink-blue suit and tie styled with a white dress shirt and pocket square. Both guys look dapper in their suits, but David has me swooning.

Menswear Friday 3

Johnny Depp: Even though Johnny didn’t wear pinstripes to ‘The Lone Ranger’ Moscow premiere (for the first time on this promo tour) I have to say I’m still feeling like it’s groundhog day.

Armie Hammer: The actor wore a striped tie with his grey suit.  My first reaction was, “he looks taller”, then I realized that it’s the quiff that is making him appear taller.  As much as I want to focus on Armie, his beautiful wife Elizabeth Chambers totally steals the limelight here in her red gown.

Credit: Getty & Igor Kharitonov for spletnik.ru

20 thoughts on “Menswear Round Up

1. JJovana3

What the heck is Matthew Morrison wearing? Looks like a creepy adult playing dress up in Chuck Bass’s closet. Just no.

2. vicky

Double dose of both David and Johnny, me like! :-)
    David’s outfits looks the best of all above, but then again, he’d look amazing in a brown paper bag!

3. Marybeth

It’s hard to beat David Beckham in a suit!

Of the more casual looks I like Johnny Depp (top row.) Sure, he does it all the time — one or two great pieces mixed with a load of junk — but sometimes it still really works.

4. kane

Beckham, especially Beckham No. 2–yes!

Johnny Depp looks like he’s having one enormous midlife crisis. I feel for him.

5. KatieKate

Although not my cup of tea, I do think these two are Johnny’s best promo-tour looks to date. I like Matthews geeky chic, it suits him-no pun intended:-) Of course, I MUST give my top votes to Bex-both looks are stellar, but Armie I’d a close second, he’s pretty swoon-worthy in his own right. And Elizabeth Chambers looks A-Ma-Zzing!!

6. Fiona

Tough competition! I love both of David Beckham’s looks – he just can’t go wrong really. Despite Johnny sticking to his formula, it certainly works for him, he is always cool. Armie looks very handsome in both looks too – only one I really hate is Matthew’s Pee-Wee Herman look, sometimes that look just doesn’t fly.

7. bijuk

both Beckham looks are perfection. Armie comes second for me…
    Depp is Depp.. he’s got all the charm to pull off the quirky look

8. TeaAtTwo

Both of Beckham’s looks are great, though his good looks and hair really make the first one. After his awesome pink suit this weeks look feel like a bit of a comedown for Armie.