CH Carolina Herrera & Vanity Fair Party

CH Carolina Herrera & Vanity Fair Party

CH Carolina Herrera, Vanity Fair, Amy Adams and Carolina Herrera hosted a cocktail reception to celebrate the opening of the CH Carolina Herrera Boutique on Rodeo Drive in aid of Stuart House.

Amy Adams: The actress, who has been on tour promoting her latest movie ‘Man of Steel’, opted for a classic CH Carolina Herrera look, wearing a sleeveless ivory silk ruffled blouse with a black peplum skirt. Her on-trend look, which was void of any colour other than black and white, was styled with black ankle-strap pumps.

Camilla Belle: There was a time when Camilla Belle was a red carpet regular, but she has been M.I.A. for a while. She made a welcome return to this event, wearing a navy-and-white embroidered blouse which she paired with a navy lace skirt accented with a patent-leather belt. Unlike Amy, who kept her look strictly black and white, Camilla added a kick to her look with coral Christian Louboutin peep-toes.

Naya Rivera: I found myself a tad disappointed with Naya’s effort. This is mostly because her navy-and-white polka-dot silk blouse and matching drawstring pants aren’t as colourful as I would’ve expected from her, plus the pants are way too long. Norman Silverman earrings completed her look.

CH Carolina Herrera

Credit: CH Carolina Herrera & Getty

Rita Ora In Emanuel Ungaro - Isle of MTV Malta

Rita Ora In Emanuel Ungaro – Isle of MTV Malta

Naomi Campbell In David Koma - The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party

Naomi Campbell In David Koma – The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party

16 Responses to CH Carolina Herrera & Vanity Fair Party

1. Elle June 27, 2013 at 10:42 #

Amy looks nice but a bit ‘meh’… I like all the pieces Camilla is wearing individually, but, for me, they do not work together… Naya’s look is very ‘ladies who lunch’, and I agree that she could have done SO much better.

2. Yeliz June 27, 2013 at 10:43 #

Amy is my favourite of the bunch. She looks simply great. I don’t love Camilla’s overall look. Whilst I love the shoes, they don’t really work with this ensemble. Her hair and makeup are beautiful. Naya’s look is aging her.

3. Denise June 27, 2013 at 12:07 #

Naya is my favourite here. I think she looks polished and chic.

• julyol1972 June 27, 2013 at 16:40 #

Cosign!!!

4. kane June 27, 2013 at 13:19 #

I’m underwhelmed by all of them.

5. dee June 27, 2013 at 13:50 #

I like all their looks.

6. Moxie June 27, 2013 at 14:53 #

Love Camilla’s shoes and the blouse/skirt, but not together.

The others are meh.

7. KatieKate June 27, 2013 at 17:15 #

I think Amy’s is a snooze, Camilla’s is lovely except for the totally random shoe choice, and while Naya’s pants are too long, she still looks incredibly chic–love!

8. Alina June 27, 2013 at 18:39 #

Camilla’s blouse is inspired from a traditional blouse from Romania called “ie”.

I love her look! :)

9. Christine June 27, 2013 at 20:30 #

Not liking neither

10. Rebecca Z June 27, 2013 at 21:40 #

Forgive me for saying this because I LOVE Amy Adams to death, but she kind of looks like a waitress here–or maybe the hostess in the restaurant. Of all the things by Carolina Herrera to choose to wear…..

11. argentina June 28, 2013 at 00:24 #

I’m not liking neither of the looks. Naya could have been the best of the bunch but the styling ages her an those pumps are out of place. Can someone give her a pair of sandals, please?

12. lydie June 28, 2013 at 02:00 #

I love Amy’s look, it is very simple and clean and looks like a polished movie star. I also love Naya. Its very sophisticated and does not look ‘diffusion line’ which is what these girls are wearing since it is CH and not main line.
    I am so grateful that we have NOT seen Camilla Belle is some time. It is nice to see actresses instead of ‘mocktresses’. This article really was fantastic and made me really look at red carpet differently now: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jessica-alba-kate-bosworth-who-427456

• Catherine Kallon June 28, 2013 at 16:48 #

I read this with great interest, thank you.

I agree with large parts of it, even though I am fueling the beast so to speak. When I say the like of Alba and Belle are actresses in my posts, it is really a slap in the face to the likes of Helen Mirren, Jessica Chastain and Emily Blunt to name a few

• KatieKate June 29, 2013 at 03:33 #

This article was fascinating, and so insightful. I think it’s funny when I hear people described ad “Hollywood personalities”, b/c it basically means they are famous for nothing, and I think that would probably be a more accurate title for these so-called actresses sometimes. I’m glad I’m not the only one who asks myself, every time I see Jessica Alba, what’s she doing here??

13. H July 24, 2013 at 21:23 #

I cannot believe you left Crystal Reed out of this article; personally, I think she looked great at this CH event