26.06.13 Premiere

Naomi Watts In Alexander McQueen – ‘Ray Donovan’ LA Premiere

Naomi Watts In Alexander McQueen -  'Ray Donovan' LA Premiere

Naomi Watts and her actor beau Liev Schreiber attended Showtime’s new series premiere of ‘Ray Donovan’ held at the Directors Guild of America in Los Angeles, California yesterday evening.

He opted for a simple midnight-blue suit with an open white shirt.

Naomi wore an Alexander McQueen leather dress.

This is a huge departure from what we are used to seeing from Naomi and, while I always champion celebs stepping out of their comfort zones, I have to say I am not entirely crazy about this look.

My issue with this teardrop-neckline leather dress with a ruffled skirt is that it would’ve been better suited to Kate Moss; Naomi is a bit, dare I say, too vanilla to pull this off, even with the tousled tresses.

I think I would’ve preferred her in the purple suede version of this frock.

Black accessories including a Proenza Schouler ‘Lunch’ clutch, Sergio Rossi ‘Oblo’ sandals and a gold necklace completed her look.

Does this look work for you?

PS McQueen

Alexander McQueen DressNeiman Marcus and Luisa via Roma
Proenza Schouler ‘Lunch’ ClutchBarneys.com

Credit: Getty

Joey King In Theia - 'White House Down' New York Premiere

Joey King In Theia – ‘White House Down’ New York Premiere

'White House Down' New York Premiere Round Up

‘White House Down’ New York Premiere Round Up

20 Responses to Naomi Watts In Alexander McQueen – ‘Ray Donovan’ LA Premiere

1. Yeliz June 26, 2013 at 12:42 #

It doesn’t work for me either. Love the shoes, but I would’ve loved the whole look had she worn the purple suede version.

2. Dani June 26, 2013 at 13:01 #

I agreed with you at first, but it’s growing on me quite rapidly.

• Rashmi June 26, 2013 at 13:24 #

+1. Its growing on me. She looks rather confident to pull it off.

• Beta June 26, 2013 at 15:38 #

+1 I quite like it

3. Jolene June 26, 2013 at 13:08 #

I like it. It is a bit risqué for her but she looks comfortable and confident in it.

4. Mandy June 26, 2013 at 13:15 #

There is something about the fit thats a bit off for me. I think she would have been better suited for the purple version as well.

• Elle June 26, 2013 at 13:58 #

I agree. I think a slightly shorter version would have looked better on her as well.

5. dee June 26, 2013 at 13:41 #

The only thing I don’t like is the necklace. But everything else works for me. Liev looks great too.

6. Christine June 26, 2013 at 13:49 #

I know she is sweating. She looks alright. Liev looks good though.

7. Charlotte June 26, 2013 at 13:51 #

I think she looks great. The necklace wasn’t necessary though.I really liker her hair, it works perfectly with this dress.
    Liev looks great too, they’re perfect together.

8. Lisa June 26, 2013 at 14:21 #

I am not loving or hating it. She has looked better. Liev is so HOT!!

9. kane June 26, 2013 at 14:44 #

Here’s a paradox: usually I’m not crazy about leather dresses… a recent one I can think of is Kristen Bell… wrong combination of tight (very tight) fit and blond hair, no thank you. Naomi in her, granted, ill-fitting dress on the other hand… I don’t know what it is, but I like it. The purple version would have been mind-blowing, surely, but I’m okay with this too.

10. gabis June 26, 2013 at 14:57 #

I dislike it head to toe. The dress is ill-fitted and the ruffled skirt a tad too juvenile for her. The shoes are meh and hair and makeup poorly done.

11. Marybeth June 26, 2013 at 15:48 #

You need a lot of height and very long legs to pull this off. Naomi is all torso and no leg in this.

I do like her styling though. (The necklace may be unnecessary but it doesn’t detract.)

12. CTgirl June 26, 2013 at 17:23 #

I’m never a fan of the fitted skirt ending in an awkward little ruffle. It’s a difficult shape and generally just looks strange.

13. Fiona-Brasil June 26, 2013 at 17:43 #

He looks great, she doesn’t.The dress is ill fitted make her look short , too close to the floor.

14. Nat39 June 26, 2013 at 18:18 #

The fit and the style of the dress are so obviously wrong for her, and the necklace, her hair and makeup aren’t working either.

15. Lyvm June 26, 2013 at 18:42 #

Well this is unflattering from hair to everything. She looks like she’s playing dress up a little. Come back to us Naomi!

16. KatieKate June 26, 2013 at 20:42 #

Sooooo very wrong. The fit, the fabric, the length, the styling–all bad. Her stylist is her brother’s girlfriend-after this debacle, I can imagine some pretty awkward family get-togethers.

17. LML June 27, 2013 at 16:42 #

The dress could have fit better but I think the hair throws off the look more than anything else. I like her shoes and the handsome Mr. Schreiber.