Maggie Gyllenhaal In Christian Dior – ‘White House Down’ New York Premiere

Maggie Gyllenhaal In Christian Dior - 'White House Down' New York Premiere

Maggie Gyllenhaal attended the New York premiere of ‘White House Down’ held at the Ziegfeld Theater in New York City on Tuesday evening.

The actress wore a Christian Dior Fall 2013 bi-colour strapless knit patterned dress featuring a ruffle peplum.

This look places me firmly on the fence. On the one hand, I have loved Maggie’s choices so far during this promo tour as they have been varied and interesting.

The minimalist styling is perfect for this look and I love this bold pink lip colour she’s been rocking lately.

On the other, I’m not crazy about the length. It almost kills the entire look for me.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

24 thoughts on “Maggie Gyllenhaal In Christian Dior – ‘White House Down’ New York Premiere

1. Yeliz

I’m not crazy about the length either, but I think she looks great nonetheless. I wasn’t crazy about this dress on the runway, but I kinda like it on Maggie, even though I’ve wished that it would’ve been a tad shorter.

2. Rashmi

I had wished no one wears this dress, the bundle of fabrics is just bad.
    But somehow Maggie doesn’t make it look that bad. And the length is a problem.

3. Lashae

Even though she looks nice this dress is so ugly. The mixed patterns of the dress just don’t go together at all.

4. Iloveclothesnshoes

I feel if the skirt length was shorter that weird type of peplum would look worse. I like the prints – if only that fabric mess at the waist could be altered.She still somehow looks pretty.

5. Jolene

The dress is really beautiful. It looked fantastic on the catwalk and it looks good on Maggie, the only problem is the lenght, as you pointed out.

6. Mandy

I think i would like this dress more if it was floor length and the skirt was a solid black. It’s an alright look.

7. Alicat

I love her from the waist up but that knitted skirt is awful. Taking it into hideous territory is the ruffle/peplum. The close up photo reveals it is crocheted. It looks like my grandma’s teapot covers have been recycled and called high fashion.

1. CreoleLady

The skirt is crocheted? Oh, that’s just too much. The only reason I don’t find this laughably bad is Maggie herself. She looks almost presentable despite this hodge-podge of materials and effects.

8. Lisa

SHE looks beautiful, but the dress is weird. The peplum is so big, it looks like she is using it as an arm rest in the close up picture. I have not been impressed with Dior in quite awhile.

9. Renee

Her hair and make up look amazing and I don’t totally hate this because she’s usually wearing something shapeless and beige. At least this is sort of interesting. Plus I think about how it would be some other actresses, i.e. Jennifer Lawrence and then it’s really not so bad.

10. Nat39

The dress is a bit tricky but it’s interesting and original, so chic on the model, Maggie is simply not selling it, she looks plain mumsy with that length, dull pumps, and hairstyle, and I don’t think she has the right attitude for it.

11. KatieKate

I like this dress, I just don’t like the length here. I think this is a good choice for Maggie, actually.

12. GGG

I guess I’m in the minority here – I love it from head to toe. She’s really working it, which she rarely does. She seems to be really having fun with fashion on this promo tour – LOVE THAT! :)

13. Kathy

I just want to burn her shoes…pleasepleaseplease Maggie, no more black pumps. You can do better than that. They’ll drag down almost everything you wear, unless you’re intentionally trying to look like a secretary. Also, this was not the dress to pair with natural makeup. A bold lip or eye shadow color would have helped the look live up to its runway counterpart.

14. Prudence

ive said it once and ill say it again, everyone should cease to wear any of the dior stuff, it is simply tooo complex to look good anywhere other than an editorial.

15. TeaAtTwo

It’s interesting but the peplum and skirt looks like something from a 1980s knitting magazine. I think this works best at this length.