25.06.13 On Set With...

On The Set Of ‘Girls’ With Lena Dunham In McQ Alexander McQueen

On The Set Of 'Girls' With Lena Dunham In McQ Alexander McQueen

While Allison Williams and Zosia Mamet were busy promoting ‘Girls’ yesterday afternoon, Lena Dunham was out on the streets of New York City filming season 3 earlier today.

Looking lost in her thoughts, she was captured wearing a McQ Alexander McQueen camo dress.

Her graphically alluring grosgrain peplum dress, patterned with a flurry of dragonfly wings, certainly captured the eyes of passers-by.

The look was styled with comfortable lace-up shoes and a Cambridge satchel.

Be sure to catch Lena wearing this look on screen when ‘Girls’ returns to HBO in 2014.

You guys always have a lot to say about Lena’s red carpet style, so how does this on-screen look fare?

WOMQDS800007LBK_1_large

You can buy Lena’s McQ Alexander McQueen dress from Matches Fashion, Shopbop.com and theCorner.com.

Credit: Getty

26 Comments
Sarah Jessica Parker In Marc Jacobs - Charlie And The Chocolate Factory Press Night

Sarah Jessica Parker In Marc Jacobs – Charlie And The Chocolate Factory Press Night

Louise Redknapp's Valentino Lace Dress And Valentino 'Rockstud' Clutch

Louise Redknapp’s Valentino Lace Dress And Valentino ‘Rockstud’ Clutch

26 Responses to On The Set Of ‘Girls’ With Lena Dunham In McQ Alexander McQueen

1. KatieKate June 25, 2013 at 22:51 #

I have such a hard time with Lena, b/c while I am all for what she stands for, and not caring so much what everyone else thinks, I can’t help but wish she cared a little bit more, and at least tried to dress to flatter her figure. I have yet to see her make a good fashion choice.

2. Scarlett June 25, 2013 at 23:06 #

Not good. So not good. Not even if this is in keeping with her character’s costume and not her.

• Yeliz June 25, 2013 at 23:37 #

• Christine June 26, 2013 at 03:18 #

Not a good look.

• Carla June 27, 2013 at 02:16 #

She has said that she and the costume designer deliberately have her wear the wrong-sized, unflattering clothing to emphasize her character’s choices, so it seems besides the point to evaluate whether or not the clothes are flattering.

3. Susan June 25, 2013 at 23:17 #

She is one of the worst dressed woman in the world …

• CTgirl June 26, 2013 at 03:02 #

Yeah. This is just horrible. We all have figure issues but most of us don’t ignore them completely and walk out the door looking so awful. Stop the madness.

4. Amber June 25, 2013 at 23:19 #

I obviously don’t know what happens in season 3, but could Lena Dunham’s character, Hanna, afford to wear McQ? The answer is No.

• Trudie June 26, 2013 at 00:48 #

Agree! I hope they aren’t turning Girls into SATC!

• Bec June 26, 2013 at 04:25 #

Could she afford to live alone in NY on a coffee shop wage? No.

So ridiculous!

5. KC June 25, 2013 at 23:33 #

6. Marybeth June 25, 2013 at 23:41 #

This might be okay if it were about 4 inches longer and she wore heels. As it is, it looks too much like an ill-fitting romper.
    I like the print and the colors do look good on her. Her hair looks very nice.
    But…..no.

7. Kathy June 25, 2013 at 23:42 #

A bulky, unflattering mess. The busy print and peplum shape widen her visually…And are those Keds on her feet!? Wow, a McQ dress with canvas shoes, that’s a first.

8. Betelgeuze June 25, 2013 at 23:44 #

There’s a very good reason why I could never ever wear mini dresses, and it’s screaming at me from this picture. Especially paired with high neckline and closed shoes. I don’t know how can someone take a beautiful woman and very-pretty-on-a-rack-or-size-4-girl dress and create this.

9. Alicat June 26, 2013 at 00:10 #

The silhouette of the dress and peplum is completely lost on Lena. It just adds bulk to her hips. This is a prime example of how clothing designed and cut for certain body proportions and sizes cannot just be made smaller or larger. Even though this larger cut technically fits her, the concept of the dress is lost and it is completely unflattering. This works the other way too when petite women become swamped in designs that require curves to be accentuated. It has been said before that Lena does not have an innate sense of style. The comment above by Amber re her character being able to afford McQueen is spot on.

10. jeremyrain June 26, 2013 at 02:40 #

I have an issue with this look: every body watches “Girls” know what type of character Hannah is. She’s messy, compulsive and doesn’t very little. So even I understand the show wants to raise its style, I don’t think a McQ is really realistic for the show, especially her character.

11. Ruth June 26, 2013 at 02:43 #

I love it from the waist up and I like her shoe choice. Her hair and the colour compliments her face really well as does the top. I like how it cinches in and then flares out. Love the shoes. I like how the laces match the coloring in the shirt. I definitely know I’m an outsider on this, but I absolutely hate heels. I like fashion, but I don’t understand why anyone would put themselves through the pain of wearing most of the heels you see on this site.

Not a fan of the skirt. With the shoes, I think skinny jeans would have been a better choice.

12. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) June 26, 2013 at 03:15 #

Pretty hair and makeup. The rest? NO.

13. MelBell June 26, 2013 at 08:53 #

She in not a good ambassador for McQ!

14. Beta June 26, 2013 at 10:11 #

I like it :)
    that dress is TDF

15. lea June 26, 2013 at 10:40 #

way to murder a dress.

I see some progress in her fashion choice though,it would have been great if not for the busy print.

16. Iloveclothesnshoes June 26, 2013 at 13:02 #

Why does she insist on wearing minis?They r v unflattering on her – in fact v few people could pull of a mini of that length! She has a tiny waist n if she wore dresses with sleeves which r knee length she would look good.I am sure they had to buy this dress for the show – cannot imagine McQ people lending it to her to ruin it.

17. Jolene June 26, 2013 at 13:02 #

The WORST OF THE WORST are those shoes. How on heaven could a stylist chose them for that dress and that body type ? Criminal.

18. dee June 26, 2013 at 13:36 #

This is so unflattering.

19. Moxie June 26, 2013 at 15:16 #

She does not know how to dress for her body type.

20. adrian June 27, 2013 at 22:05 #

If I’m not mistaken she’s filming. This look is very “Hannah” much less Lena. For the sake of the show this is right-on. Hannah doesn’t really give a hoot about fashion. Either way, while short, it’s not a bad look.