Katy Perry In Sally LaPointe – The Friars Foundation Annual Applause Award Gala

Katy Perry In Sally LaPointe - The Friars Foundation Annual Applause Award Gala

Parading out a more sophisticated, less spirited exit, Katy Perry was spotted leaving The Waldorf Astoria hotel in New York City last night, after attending The Friars Foundation Annual Applause Award Gala.

The American ‘Vogue’ July cover girl slipped into a buttery-peach Sally LaPointe Resort 2014 gown, worn with matching gemstone-embellished Etro sandals.

While the soft, silky shade should have been delicious, it didn’t quite translate as glowingly against Katy’s surprisingly barely-there makeup and jet-black ‘do.

I would have removed the chunky Etro choker necklace, as it was a distracting addition to the high neckline and side shoulder cutouts of the dress.

Of course, the bigger accessory story may be her date, as she was also seen arm-in-arm with ex, John Mayer.

Peachy-keen or no?

Credit: Sally LaPointe & Barcroft Media

Sofia Vergara In Michael Kors - Good Morning America

Sofia Vergara In Michael Kors – Good Morning America

Allison Williams In Jonathan Saunders & Zosia Mamet In Marc by Marc Jacobs - 'Girls' New York Press Conference

Allison Williams In Jonathan Saunders & Zosia Mamet In Marc by Marc Jacobs – ‘Girls’ New York Press Conference

10 Responses to Katy Perry In Sally LaPointe – The Friars Foundation Annual Applause Award Gala

1. Elle June 25, 2013 at 17:54 #

Definite no for me. I don’t mind the choker, but the colour completely washes her out and the shiny fabric looks a bit dated.

2. Charlotte June 25, 2013 at 17:58 #

I hate this color and the fabric looks cheap.

3. Yeliz June 25, 2013 at 18:10 #

The gown looks like a nice, minimalistic design in the lookbook, but that can’t be said about Katy’s look. It definitely didn’t translate well on her. The gown is too shiny and makes it look cheap and I would’ve removed the choker necklace too.

• Marybeth June 25, 2013 at 18:24 #

You nailed it.
      The dress is spoiling her and she is spoiling the dress.

4. kane June 25, 2013 at 18:59 #

Lovely gown in the lookbook, love the blush pink colour. I have a feeling it’s not such a good choice for her body and her ehm chest. We’ve had this before at the Grammys where less would have been more as well, but with the hunched posture it might be hard to tell. The peach might not be doing her many favours, but I’d feel a bit for judging the dress on harsh flash lighting. It might have looked quite nice for a romantic dinner with or without candlelights.

5. KatieKate June 25, 2013 at 19:31 #

This is a beautiful dress on the model. But a no-go on poor Katy. I really can’t think of anything positive to say about this look, which kills me b/c I love her. I am glad she’s lightening up on the makeup though. There, that”s positive, I did it!

6. Rebecca Z June 26, 2013 at 02:29 #

Not flattering on her. the dress looks a size too small.

7. Alicat June 26, 2013 at 02:52 #

Apricot satin always rekindles in me the memory of unflattering 80s bridesmaid dresses. I remember my aunt having “rainbow bridesmaids”. I was the apricot one. This dress has triggered the horror that lives on in my sub-conscience.

• Alicat June 26, 2013 at 10:31 #

* sub conscious

8. Christine June 26, 2013 at 03:23 #

The material is so unflattering. I am not liking the dress on her.