24.06.13 Premiere

‘The Heat’ New York Premiere

‘The Heat’ New York Premiere

The New York premiere of ‘The Heat’ took place at the Ziegfeld Theatre on Sunday evening with the two main stars in attendance.

Sandra Bullock: The actress slipped back to wearing black, wearing an Ermanno Scervino leather dress following her amazing purple-hued Prabal Gurung frock from last week. She makes me forgive and forget thanks to her outstanding Bottega Veneta appliquéd leather sandals.

Melissa McCarthy: When I saw this look I said “almost”. The actress wore a black jumpsuit, with a rather odd sarong-like detail wrapped around her waist. This detail kills the look, doing more harm than then intended good. I’m sure she would have looked better without it. Someone needs to put Mr Tadashi Shoji on her speed dial.

Zosia Mamet: One can only assume that Zosia was rolled out of bed and onto the red carpet for this premiere, as there is no other reason for this look.

Credit: Getty

Vanessa White's Kenzo Printed Mini Skirt

Vanessa White’s Kenzo Printed Mini Skirt

Debby Ryan In Giulietta - 'The Way, Way Back' Los Angeles Film Festival Premiere

Debby Ryan In Giulietta – ‘The Way, Way Back’ Los Angeles Film Festival Premiere

18 Responses to ‘The Heat’ New York Premiere

1. Christine June 24, 2013 at 17:03 #

I would like to see Melissa in a Tadashi Shoji dress. Sandra looks ok but her Prabal Gurung look was A+

2. Yeliz June 24, 2013 at 17:40 #

I only like Sandra’s shoes, the dress is too tight. Her gorgeous Prabal Gurung look was a lot better than this.
    It’s such a shame that Melissa’s look had that sarong-like detail, because she would’ve looked amazing without it.
    Just no to Zosia’s look.

3. Lisa June 24, 2013 at 17:41 #

This entire post reads snooze-fest to me. Am I alone on this?

4. dee June 24, 2013 at 18:00 #

I don’t like anybody’s look here.

5. Pam June 24, 2013 at 18:17 #

No. No. NO. And believe me, it would look worse without the sarong.

6. GGG June 24, 2013 at 18:39 #

Zosia – WHOA. I’m speechless.

7. Marybeth June 24, 2013 at 18:41 #

Sandra looks nice but she’ll have a hard time living up to that purple Prabal Gurung!

I’d love to see how Melissa’a jumpsuit would have looked without the tablecloth wrapped around her midsection. It might have been nice. Perhaps she might have found an attractive belt to punch it up a bit.

Zosia does look like she just rolled out of bed — a hospital bed to be exact. Nevertheless, I’m delighted to see something other than that severe, parted-down-the-middle, mean-old-lady hairdo she always sports. (Okay, this hair isn’t exactly good, but it’s a step outside of her usual zone and in the right direction.)

8. gabis June 24, 2013 at 18:44 #

Not a memorable look for Sandra and a very unfortunate return to the full-black-outfits road. Obviously she’s a gorgeous woman so overall she looks nice but she can do a lot better. As usual her hair and makeup are flawless. They’re the best part of her ensemble.

9. AnderBoBo June 24, 2013 at 18:44 #

I think Sandra looks great, I can’t believe she is naerly 50 years old! I totally agree that draping is drawing the eye right to the very spot Mellisa appears to want to camouflage. I’m surprised Zosia was even allowed on the red carpet in that over-sized Hanes t-shirt.

10. Moxie June 24, 2013 at 19:53 #

None of them look good.

11. kane June 24, 2013 at 23:01 #

No to all of them. Zosia looks like she’s still rather miffed about the Kickstarter affair. “I would given the shirt off my back!”

12. Alicat June 25, 2013 at 00:34 #

My goodness. What is going on here? Sandra’s dress has potential but sits too low. It is unflattering to her bust and too long. Melissa’s outfit is hideous. It begins by looking like a track suit, and ends up being one of the most unflattering outfits a larger lady could wear with the addition of the “sarong detail”. If the intention was to draw attention away, ( if that needed to be done in the first place), then it has had the opposite effect. I have the exact same T shirt Zosia is wearing. I keep it for wearing around the house on super hot days when no one else is home. That’s because I shouldn’t be seen in it. The same applies here.

• KatieKate June 25, 2013 at 01:52 #

Omg! Soooo funny! +100 on all points! :-)

13. whizbabe June 25, 2013 at 07:51 #

Her name is Melissa McCarthy!

• Catherine Kallon June 25, 2013 at 09:28 #

ok, thanks

14. amy June 25, 2013 at 17:44 #

This is a red carmaggedon. Sandra’s dress is too tight, and isn’t flattering her bust.
    Melissa: tracksuit+ sarong? That’s a recipe for a failure
    Zosia needs to go back to her apartment and find her trousers.

15. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) June 26, 2013 at 03:23 #

Awful all. Zosia looks like she just escaped from an asylum.

16. Rashmi June 26, 2013 at 10:58 #

All three looks are blah, Sandra fairing the best out of them. As for Melissa, you are right, please introduce her to Tadashi Shoji.
    And for Zosia, there are no words! Wearing something outrageous is acceptable, but not wearing anything is not!
    Btw, she repeated her own style from Trance premiere, wearing the same shoes.