Krysten Ritter In Christian Dior – 'The Way, Way Back' Los Angeles Film Festival Premiere

Krysten Ritter stepped out for the second night in a row for the 2013 Los Angeles Film Festival premiere of ‘The Way, Way Back’ held in Los Angeles, California.

Doing a complete 180 from her colourful printed Thakoon dress, this time she selected a grey Christian Dior Spring 2013 double-breasted tuxedo dress with a nipped-in waist and exaggerated hips and featuring silver embellishments down the sides.

While she scraped back her hair and opted for barely there makeup, she did add a pop of colour to her look via yet another Jimmy Choo ‘Tube’ clutch, this time in metallic-blue, and white Jimmy Choo ‘Lilt’ pumps.

I love this look, mostly because it is so different from what I would expect from Kysten so it comes as a welcome surprise.

Even though I’m not a fan of grey or white pumps, I have to say I much prefer this over her previous look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

The Evian 'Live Young' Suite At Wimbledon

The Evian ‘Live Young’ Suite At Wimbledon

Vanessa White's Kenzo Printed Mini Skirt

Vanessa White’s Kenzo Printed Mini Skirt

19 Responses to Krysten Ritter In Christian Dior – ‘The Way, Way Back’ Los Angeles Film Festival Premiere

1. set June 24, 2013 at 16:43 #

Gorgeous,

2. Dreamin June 24, 2013 at 16:47 #

she wore it better than the model! lovely. and the white shoe made it more summery.

3. Christine June 24, 2013 at 16:54 #

I much prefer this look from her previous Thakoon dress. She looks gorgeous. Love the styling here.

4. Marybeth June 24, 2013 at 17:06 #

She is as pretty as ever but this doesn’t work for me at all. What is it?

From the waist up, it’s a very nice businesswoman’s dress. Then we have silver embellishments slapped on the sides and a hem cut as high as decency allows.
    To add to the confusion, she has white heels, an incomprehensible turquoise clutch, and a librarian’s hairdo.

The dress might have worked with well-chosen silver and/or black accessories, preferably something a bit edgy. I don’t know.

• Kathy June 25, 2013 at 03:45 #

I agree…what is up with this look? It’s strange and incoherent. She looks part office-ready, part summery, part provocative. To me the runway styling worked because it was had the muted palette of gray/black accessories. But Krysten’s turqouise clutch and white pumps? HUH?

5. Yeliz June 24, 2013 at 17:36 #

She looks pretty good, the fit of the dress is much better on her than on the model, but I prefer the Thakoon look.

6. dee June 24, 2013 at 17:58 #

I don’t like this at all.

7. gabis June 24, 2013 at 18:57 #

The bland makeup and metallic-blue clutch just don’t do it for me. I think this needed a brighter and more striking pop of colour such as a yellow, orange or cobalt blue clutch or even colorful eyeshadows as showed on the runway. Still I also prefer this over her Thakoon look.

8. Pedro June 24, 2013 at 19:09 #

Krysten looks gorgeous!

Love

9. Nat39 June 24, 2013 at 19:38 #

It works so well on her, much better than her previous look, silver metallic accessories would’ve made more sense, but I’m still loving it.

10. Jolene June 24, 2013 at 20:29 #

I absolutely ADORE this look.

11. Nikki June 24, 2013 at 22:26 #

I fell in love with this when Michelle Williams wore it in blue back in February and I think Krysten wears it well- much better than the Thakoon look.
    Still adore the blue version on Michelle though!

12. TeaAtTwo June 24, 2013 at 22:39 #

I this look is great from head to toe.

13. Sarah June 24, 2013 at 22:44 #

I want to wear every part of this outfit. Love it. So in love.

14. Alicat June 25, 2013 at 00:23 #

I am trying to like this but it looks a bit “sexy nurse” to me. The silhouette is great but the cut and style, especially the bodice and sleeves, have a real uniform air about them.

15. KatieKate June 25, 2013 at 01:57 #

So funny how divided we all are on this vs. the Thakoon. I happen to be on team Thakoon myself. I like this dress on her, but I do not think the clutch works, nor do I care for her white heels. I found the Thakoon much more fun and interesting.

16. TL June 25, 2013 at 03:34 #

Love it, even though I wish the dress could be few inch longer

17. mattison June 25, 2013 at 08:11 #

Krysten has really quickly grown on me. I love the fit of the dress and how it effortlessly skims over her body and shows off her endless legs. I get a strong Dita’s-modern-little-sister vibe from her here for some reason and I’m crazy about it.

18. amy June 25, 2013 at 17:34 #

She just shamed the model. She looks perfect which is an achievement considering how sick I am of Dior