24.06.13

Jessica Chastain In Lanvin – 16th Shanghai Film Festival Closing Ceremony

Jessica Chastain In Lanvin - 16th Shanghai International Film Festival Closing Ceremony

Jessica Chastain worked the red carpet to her advantage at the 16th Shanghai International Film Festival’s closing ceremony yesterday at Shanghai Culture Square in China.

The actress glided around in a teal-blue, crisscross halter-neck gown by Lanvin, as she showed off the thigh-high split that injected a slice of sultriness into this glossy old-Hollywood-glam design showcasing her metallic Jimmy Choo ‘Suki’ sandals.

With a brooch at the bust and matching embellishment at the gathered waist, the silky dress came equipped with built-in jewels.

Only a sparkling bracelet was added to enhance the shine quotient, and a red lippie took care of the sizzle factor.

While Jessica’s flame-haired locks will forever complement any shade of blue, this dramatic look was begging for an updo. Her waves competed with the bodice of the gown on this occasion.

Credit: Sina

Olivia Palermo's Givenchy 'Antigona' Satchel Bag And Stuart Weitzman 'Bambina' Snake-Print Ballet Flats

Olivia Palermo’s Givenchy ‘Antigona’ Satchel Bag And Stuart Weitzman ‘Bambina’ Snake-Print Ballet Flats

Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham - China Central Television Show

Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham – China Central Television Show

28 Responses to Jessica Chastain In Lanvin – 16th Shanghai Film Festival Closing Ceremony

1. Yeliz June 24, 2013 at 12:03 #

An updo would’ve perfected this look, but she looks stunning and BDOTW worthy nonetheless. Love this shade of blue.

2. jo June 24, 2013 at 12:12 #

wow she look amazing in that colour, she could’ve done something different with her hair but I love this nonetheless

3. Roosje June 24, 2013 at 12:18 #

Again, the lack of an updo is a shame. But the colour of the dress is perfect for her and the dress itself fits her wonderfully and is interesting. I love how Chastain really seems to be experimenting now. We’ve seen so many beautiful, colourful dresses from her recently.

4. Ariel June 24, 2013 at 12:26 #

I don t like anything of this look! Ugly, tacky, and cheap looking dress which makes her look boxy, harsh color of the dress, boring hairstyle, damaged hair and tired look…

• maria June 25, 2013 at 22:41 #

You`re crazy! Ugly?! C`mon!

5. Zissou June 24, 2013 at 12:42 #

I think she’s too curvy for this look.

6. Aparajita June 24, 2013 at 12:45 #

Stunning! Love the blue on her!

7. Alicat June 24, 2013 at 12:57 #

Her voluptuous curves are what make this dress. It has a 50s Hollywood vibe. The colour is gorgeous on her.

8. dee June 24, 2013 at 13:26 #

The color is gorgeous on her but I I would have like less pleating on the skirt part of the dress as it makes her look bigger than what she is. Wish she wore her hair up.

9. AnderBoBo June 24, 2013 at 13:45 #

While I love the color on her and the general design,there appears to be too much fabric which is adding some bulk to her. I wish this was a little bit more tailored to her body, and yes an updo would have been better.

• Marybeth June 24, 2013 at 17:10 #

+1 Agree on all points.

10. Rashmi June 24, 2013 at 14:05 #

I don’t like the dress one bit, the pleating is bad!! Its making her boxy waist down and an updo was required.

• Quinn June 24, 2013 at 16:13 #

agree on all counts!

11. KatieKate June 24, 2013 at 14:14 #

I am totally divided on this look. No denying she looks stunning, but I do have to agree that the fabric and pleating are not the most flattering. Also her hair is lifeless and droopy, an updo would’ve sealed the deal perfectly. But she is so beautiful that these issues become minor quibbles in the grand scheme of things. BDOTW.

12. Anne June 24, 2013 at 14:34 #

I understand the critique others are making. It’s not my favorite choice for her , but no denying the color is a stunner against her skin. She’s totally working the gown with confidence, so that makes me like it more than I typically would

13. ash June 24, 2013 at 15:50 #

undo +1

14. liz June 24, 2013 at 16:14 #

This just reminds me of all the dresses at my prom. Hate this style.

15. Christine June 24, 2013 at 16:58 #

BDOTW worthy if her hair was up. Stunning color though. SO RICH!

16. Prudence June 24, 2013 at 17:03 #

wow that colo against her skin with that flame hair is unbelievable!!!!! How did they not see that this needed an updo???? unfortunately I cannot fogive that!! This is one of the best dresses she has worn imo. Great color, not strapless and boring and it fits her well!

17. Emma June 24, 2013 at 17:05 #

I love the color and she looks beautiful as always, but the dress makes her look wider than she actually is. The fabric is very heavy at her bust and underneath the belt which is not very flattering.

18. CreoleLady June 24, 2013 at 19:28 #

Oh how I wish the fabric had been chiffon instead of this shiny stiff material. Love the color and the silhouette. Agree, her hair needed to be up and away.

19. Nat39 June 24, 2013 at 19:42 #

Bulky and dated, the hair is unforgivable.

20. Moxie June 24, 2013 at 19:49 #

The gathering around the bodice is just overwhelming her and making her look bigger than she is. Love the color, but agree with the others that her hair should have been worn up.

21. Kathy June 24, 2013 at 21:58 #

The color is stunning, and I love the silkiness of the gown. It’s the kind of fabric that would feel like liquid in your hands. I don’t mind her hair down, as there isn’t any intricate detailing at the shoulders that it’s covering up. I just wish her hair was a bit more sleek, instead of beachy.

22. Missy June 24, 2013 at 23:33 #

I don’t think it’s her “curves” that are making or breaking this look. The dress is very ill-fitting. The color is just okay on her. And the hair isn’t right.

23. lin June 25, 2013 at 10:04 #

This is not flattering on her at all, she looks huge. She usually looks so beautiful.

24. Valeria June 25, 2013 at 14:25 #

Her hair is gorgeous and considering how much rain we’ve had here in Shanghai since last week I’m surprised there is a stylish mane, not a frizzy mess! Color is divine on her, and while on close-up I might disagree with bejeweled belt the point was to make a statement visible from distance. I love how beautiful and relaxed she looks in this!

25. Xiomalys Crespo June 25, 2013 at 14:52 #

The color is gorgeous, but the fabric abundance does nothing for her body and it looks like she must be SO HOT. Her hair is clearly coping with humidity; Shangai’s weather can be so unforgiving.

This was a really good idea that fell flat on its execution, which happens to Chastain’s looks more often than not.