Nieves Alvarez In Emilio Pucci – ‘Yo Dona’ International Awards 2013

Nieves Alvarez In Emilio Pucci - 'Yo Dona' International Awards 2013

The one person I was excited to see at the ‘Yo Dona’ International Awards 2013 held at Finca La Munoza in Madrid, Spain on Thursday was Nieves Alvarez.

Her Emilio Pucci Spring 2013 gown didn’t quite have the drama of her Stephane Rolland or Ralph & Russo Couture gowns, but I love that her white gold dragon-embroidered gown was perfect for the summer season.

The gold Christian Louboutin accessories and Carrera Y Carrea jewels are perfect for her gown, however, I find the red lips and nails a tad harsh for this white-and-gold look.

You may remember that Poppy Delevingne wore this same Pucci gown in black earlier this year.

10430358_2191610_1000

You can buy Nieves’ Pucci dress in black from farfetch.com and Luisa via Roma.

Credit: Gtres & Style.com

11 thoughts on “Nieves Alvarez In Emilio Pucci – ‘Yo Dona’ International Awards 2013

1. Nat39

I love it, so crisp and fresher for the season in white. The gold dragon detail adds an exotic touch and keeps it interesting and original, her gold accessories are perfect, the red lips/nails do feel a tad harsh and the hairstyle feels a bit matronly for the look, but this can be overlooked.

2. KatieKate

I actually much preferred this particular look on Poppy. I think the unfortunate think with Nieves, is that she has set the bar SO high, that it is actually difficult to compete with her own RC moments. High class problems, right??

3. Rebecca Z

I think she looks amazing. The red nails and lipstick add a little danger to a rather ladylike look.

4. Yeliz

I don’t like this gown, neither on Poppy nor on Nieves. The sheer sides are so tacky. On the plus side, Nieves’ styling, except for the hair, is amazing.

5. kane

I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt that the white background just doesn’t do it justice and also take into account that long sleeves usually don’t work for me. But the whole ensemble with hair and make up ages her for me.

1. Eirwen

I hated the hair and make up because she looks very aged indeed. AND the shoes are also not good, so my disliking of the dress is really the smallest problem here.

6. EmmaWoodhouse

I like the gown but I think it doesn’t flatter her shape. The nails and lip are harsh too. It’s not bad but not stellar.