The X Factor Judges Press Conference

"The X Factor" Judges Press Conference

Simon Cowell, Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio, and Demi Lovato attended ‘The X Factor’ judges’ press conference held at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, New York yesterday.

Kelly Rowland: The singer, who also judged the UK version of the show for one season, stepped out in style wearing a Carven Spring 2013 pillarbox-red dress in a flattering silhouette with cut-out details at the waist. Her short yet sleek frock was styled with metallic-gold pumps. I am looking forward to what she’s going to bring, style-wise, to this show.

Paulina Rubio: The same cannot be said for Paulina, as I have never been a fan of her style and this flammable-looking electric-blue satin dress does nothing to change that view, although I do love her degrade open-toe booties.

Demi Lovato: Without a single stitch of clothing coming from Topshop, the only judge, excluding Simon, to keep her spot on the judging line up wore a blue Christopher Kane mini dress with her favourite Saint Laurent ‘Janis’ pumps and the obligatory studded leather jacket from 3.1 Phillip Lim.

_CAR0439.450x675

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Leighton Meester In Emilio Pucci - 2014 Met Gala

Leighton Meester In Emilio Pucci – 2014 Met Gala

Maria Sharapova In Chloé - 'Sugapova' Candy Collection Selfridges Launch

Maria Sharapova In Chloé – ‘Sugapova’ Candy Collection Selfridges Launch

21 Responses to The X Factor Judges Press Conference

1. Beta June 21, 2013 at 12:06 #

Paulina Rubio can’t dress to save her life. She always wears the least flattering, most tacky outfits one can imagine and manages to outdo herself every single time :P

Kelly looks amazing, as always. That carven dress is TDF

2. Rashmi June 21, 2013 at 13:17 #

My eyes only land on Kelly Rowland! The color is so striking on her! Love it. Looking forward for her looks this season.

• Jess2 June 21, 2013 at 13:30 #

+1, Paulina’s dress looks a bit cheap and nasty and Demi looks ok but a bit been there done that.

3. Christine June 21, 2013 at 13:31 #

Kelly looks the best. The color is electrifying

• Yeliz June 21, 2013 at 15:12 #

4. dee June 21, 2013 at 13:43 #

I like Kelly’s look.

5. Pam June 21, 2013 at 14:34 #

Kelly looks best but I wish she hadn’t hemmed the skirt. The flare of the skirt is a highlight of the dress. So many girls just hack off the bottom of a great dress without any thought to proportion or style. I imagine designers choose a particular skirt length for a reason.

• Marybeth June 21, 2013 at 20:37 #

Amen!!!!

6. amy June 21, 2013 at 14:49 #

obviously Kelly wins here. However I don’t like her hairdo, it makes her forehead look huge and her head weirdly long.
    Anyway she’s going to be the one to watch in that panel as Demi’s looks are mostly misses.

7. Jolene June 21, 2013 at 16:31 #

Hard to point out who is the worse dressed.
    Only thing outstanding are Kelly´s pumps.
    Simon´s hair style and cheap looking T shirts are laughable.

8. julyol1972 June 21, 2013 at 17:28 #

Kelly is definitely the standout here. The red pops off her skin tone beautifully – it’ll definitely be interesting to see her clothing choices for the rest of the season. On a related note, has anyone been watching America’s Got Talent? Both Heidi and Mel C have been looking great thus far – especially Heidi.

FC, you would be shocked to see the old Heidi who was sexy without being tacky and desperate back in action.

9. kuko lira June 21, 2013 at 21:12 #

be honest u dont like paulina cause she’s mexican, racist…

• KatieKate June 21, 2013 at 21:51 #

You have got to be kidding. Paulina Rubio would look like s*#$ in ANY race. You are clearly the racist–people who cry”race” for ignorant reasons, are the ones who themselves are inexplicably stuck on race. You have NO business being on this blog.

• Vera June 22, 2013 at 11:17 #

That’s the only way you could think of defend Pau’s style, really? Don’t be ridiculous. As much as we like her songs, we can’t change the fact that she’s not known for her good style sense.

10. KatieKate June 21, 2013 at 21:53 #

Sorry FC, but that makes me so mad! ANYWAY, just as you said, Kelly looks great, and always has a great fashion presence. Paulina looks garish, and Demi a little boring.

• Catherine Kallon June 22, 2013 at 11:10 #

why is that?

11. KatieKate June 22, 2013 at 15:47 #

No, I meant I am sorry for going off on that girl b/c she said you were being racist, and that is what made me mad. Not anything you said, is that what you were asking? Sorry, also for the miscommunication. I can’t believe people (this is the second time I have witnessed it occur on here), cry racism if they disagree with your opinion. That is so frustrating. But as I am sure you have long realized, there will always be people out there who are just plain ignorant. All we can do is not be one of them.

• KatieKate June 22, 2013 at 16:00 #

Also, FC, thank you so much for doing this blog, it is my new obsession! I can’t even tell you how excited I get each day to come here and see what you are covering. I am also currently making my way through some of the archives, and thoroughly enjoying seeing past events and outfits you have covered. My every spare moment is dedicated to oogling the vast fashion commentary on RCFA. To the mild irritation of my husband, but Even he sometimes will get into the conversations on here, as much as he hates to admit it. ;)

• Catherine Kallon June 22, 2013 at 17:14 #

You are so sweet.

I am glad you are enjoying the site. Your comments are equally entertaining.

• KatieKate June 22, 2013 at 22:54 #

:) shucks.

12. EmmaWoodhouse July 7, 2013 at 18:17 #

I only like Kelly’s shoes!