21.06.13

Serena Williams In Burberry London – Pre-Wimbledon Party

Serena Williams In Burberry London - Pre-Wimbledon Party

Serena Williams attended the annual pre-Wimbledon party held at Kensington Roof Gardens in London.

I love that this annual event gives the athletic a chance to dress up in pretty frocks, because the most glamorous things they will be wearing for the next few weeks will be all-whites with logos by Nike, Reebok or Adidas.

Serena, who is the favourite to lift the Championship trophy in a fortnight for a sixth time, gave us no surprises by wearing a Burberry look, as she has done every year at this event.

She selected a Burberry London curve-hugging white sheath dress with white corset piping and contrasting black-leather piping, which she styled with complementary Burberry animal-print calfskin sandals.

I really wanted to support her decision to rock a clutch in a bold turquoise hue, but it doesn’t go with any part of her look and feels like an afterthought.

Serena Williams In Burberry London

Burberry London DressBurberry.com and Neiman Marcus
Burberry SandalsBurberry.com

Credit: Getty

Who Wore Valentino Better...Kasia Smutniak or Dianna Agron?

Who Wore Valentino Better…Kasia Smutniak or Dianna Agron?

Maria Sharapova In Burberry Prorsum - Pre-Wimbledon Party

Maria Sharapova In Burberry Prorsum – Pre-Wimbledon Party

22 Responses to Serena Williams In Burberry London – Pre-Wimbledon Party

1. Yeliz June 21, 2013 at 08:57 #

Not feeling this look.

• Rashmi June 21, 2013 at 09:13 #

At all !!

2. CreoleLady June 21, 2013 at 09:15 #

Since her palette is black and white, I welcome the pop of color the turquoise clutch provides. I don’t like the hair but I do like everything else. The dress is flattering and her legs look fab. I want those shoes.

3. sanya June 21, 2013 at 09:59 #

She’s hot! I would prefer a more elegant and smaller clutch in the same color, then this would be a great look.

4. Ariel June 21, 2013 at 10:07 #

Too short, too small, and not flattering at all. The styling is very bad, I especially dislike the awful hairsrtyle (her hair looks so dry and damaged) and that weird thing on her neck.

5. Denise June 21, 2013 at 10:14 #

Whatever she wears she looks tacky and not feminine at all. Sad because she is an extraordinary athlete.

6. Alicat June 21, 2013 at 11:07 #

She is a powerfully built athlete at the top of her game. Dressing in this very girlie style with the too long, wavy tresses just jars. She would do better to celebrate her physique rather than trying to feminise it with short dresses and tacky hairstyles that have the opposite effect. I don’t know what’s going on with the ultra tight necklace placed where it is. It looks so uncomfortable.

7. dee June 21, 2013 at 13:28 #

I like her shoes and that’s about it.

8. Christine June 21, 2013 at 13:46 #

Not liking this.

9. Ysatis June 21, 2013 at 14:45 #

Wearing a ton of makeup, short dress and high heels. She better not complain if she gets raped … sarcams.
    I feel no love for Serena at the minute.

• Taylor June 21, 2013 at 15:17 #

Rape jokes are never appropriate. If you don’t like the look, state it but that was uncalled for.

• CreoleLady June 21, 2013 at 16:13 #

Your “sarcams” disgusts me as much as the remark that prompted it. I would flag this comment for deletion if I could. Rape is no joke.

• Ysatis June 21, 2013 at 17:06 #

My sarcasm is due to Serena’s horrible comment about the rape victim of the Steubeville rape case. She basically blamed the victim, saying that the victim was lucky and then asking if she was a virgin… as if it made a difference.

• CreoleLady June 22, 2013 at 00:13 #

So your response to Serena’s horrible comments is to make what, imo, is an equally disgusting rape joke? I remain disgusted. Rape is no joke.

• Ysatis June 22, 2013 at 12:33 #

Obviously you don’t understand the meaning of sarcasm. My comment just stressed that if she were to be raped wearing those clothes and makeup, some people would do the same comments about her as she did about Steubenville case. Blame her like for being a victim of an horrible crime.

• Ariel June 22, 2013 at 09:37 #

Horrible! How could she comment like that about the victim? I agree with your first comment!

10. KateS June 21, 2013 at 15:54 #

Unfortunately, Serena herself made some very inappropriate comments about a rape victim in a recent interview. Which I did not know about until I read this comment, myself.

11. BeatofA June 21, 2013 at 19:01 #

that is one fake ass weave.

12. Marybeth June 21, 2013 at 19:41 #

I wish she had kept the dress length the same as the model’s or closer to it. Serena’s got the height to wear that length very well and it would look far more elegant.
    It’s okay as it is — but if she ditched the clutch, toned down the OTT hair just a bit, and lengthened the dress, I think it would have been great.

13. maggy June 21, 2013 at 19:51 #

I don’t mind the clutch. It may be the most interesting part of this look. But what is up with that … shall I say ‘choker’? That necklace is way too short for her.

14. KatieKate June 21, 2013 at 22:28 #

I just think she looks so much better here than she did in Burberry recently at the house’s men’s show, that I can’t help but be relieved.

15. EmmaWoodhouse July 6, 2013 at 16:56 #

The clutch and shoes are the only things I like here. The necklace is wrong, the dress is tacky, and the extensions are ratty looking.