Jennifer Lopez In Christian Dior – Hollywood Walk Of Fame Unveiling

Jennifer Lopez In Christian Dior - Hollywood Walk Of Fame  Unveiling

Jennifer Lopez was honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame in Hollywood, California earlier today.

It was very much a family affair as her twins were there to witness the momentous occasion.

The diva wore a Christian Dior Pre-Fall 2013 look featuring a white cashmere and silk knitted top and with a coral hoop skirt with a rise-and-fall hemline.

It’s not really a look one would wear on Hollywood Boulevard on a Thursday afternoon, but when you’re a diva like JLo, there are no rules.

I have to say I find myself really liking the look. This was a big moment, so a grand look was required.

Appropriately she styled her look with H.Stern Stars stud earrings.

I can forgive the creases as she was both laying on the ground next to her star and playing with her kids; however, her Brian Atwood black ankle-strap pumps do not – I repeat, do not – get a pass.

Now, who’s going to be a dear and let JLo know that Ni Ni wore the exact same look on Saturday to the Shanghai Film Festival? Albeit with an inferior bra.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Sandra Bullock In Belstaff - Out In Berlin

Sandra Bullock In Belstaff – Out In Berlin

Who Wore Valentino Better...Kasia Smutniak or Dianna Agron?

Who Wore Valentino Better…Kasia Smutniak or Dianna Agron?

34 Responses to Jennifer Lopez In Christian Dior – Hollywood Walk Of Fame Unveiling

1. molly June 20, 2013 at 22:26 #

Completely inappropriate for the event. She looks ridiculous.

• Reez June 21, 2013 at 02:07 #

i love the idea of the dress but the execution looks cheap

• Prudence June 21, 2013 at 04:00 #

agreed. this is wayyyyy toooo much for this event. And this dress is just not for her, Raf Simmons and JLO simply do not mix well. Those shoes and awful hair don’t help either.

2. Fiona-Brasil June 20, 2013 at 22:31 #

Agreed!Great Diva look minus the shoes.

3. Oscar June 20, 2013 at 22:33 #

I do not understand this look… I have seen this dress three times: JLO, Ni Ni and Marion Cotillard (SAG Awards).

I prefer Marion Cotillard styling. I love it. But I hate the JLO’s styling. It’s awful: the color of the skirt, shoes…

• Mick June 20, 2013 at 22:37 #

Agreed. We’ve seen this look so many times by now that it does no longer wow (btw Marion wore it best out of the 3). Plus, I agree with who said that it’s totally inappropriate for the occasion, diva or not.

4. amy June 20, 2013 at 22:41 #

I don’t know, I’m torn. One one hand it’s a big deal for any celeb to get a star so I get why she’d want to go big. On the other hand it’s a day event and many stars manage to look great without doing too much so … Anyway the shoes are definitely a no, too heavy for the dress.

• Moxie June 21, 2013 at 15:25 #

5. Yeliz June 20, 2013 at 22:45 #

This is definitely not event appropriate, even if you’re the one who is getting the star. The shoes bring the look down drastically. Thumbs down, mostly because this is way too much.

6. Christine June 20, 2013 at 23:11 #

Divalicious! not liking the creases though

7. Marybeth June 20, 2013 at 23:26 #

Well, J-Lo looks beautiful from the waist up — I love her hair this way. Yet I have to question her choice of outfit.
    Even for Superdiva, this is OTT.
    Also, she knew full well that this was an event that involved a lot of up and down activity. Why wear something that wrinkles so easily? The creases make the skirt look very sloppy.
    The shoes are inexplicable.

8. FelipeA June 20, 2013 at 23:29 #

This is probably my least favorite J.LO look ever. It feels 100% disingenuous to her public personna, and it’s creased, and those black ankle-strap pumps are awful with it, and it makes no sense for this event.

9. KatieKate June 21, 2013 at 00:42 #

Although this has been worn before, I still think it looks totally new o J.Lo. I love her hair, and the color with hr skin. Yes, the shoes are terrible, and the creasing looks a hot mess, but as FC said, she was on the ground and whatnot. I think going big for her walk of fame moment is totally understandable, and in keeping with her persona. It’s not four stars, but maybe 2.5 or approaching three.

10. kane June 21, 2013 at 00:55 #

I’ve never really understood the signficance of these stars, even every non-star gets one. So why not going OTT for an OTT (of a different kind maybe) event. I’m still waiting for someone to nail this look, but she comes closest for me so far.

11. Joe June 21, 2013 at 01:32 #

16 years in the music industry and has never won any Grammy’s Awards or any other major music award, it’s really embarrassing when you have to paid for your own award something like $30 thousand dollars, because nobody in the music industry gave you this award?

12. Nadine June 21, 2013 at 02:05 #

Um, well…if nobody else is going to volunteer – I’ll do it.

13. dee June 21, 2013 at 03:07 #

This just doesn’t work for the event. It looks bad with the creases, it is too voluminous and the shoes bring this down even further. This is dreadful.

14. Pedro June 21, 2013 at 04:00 #

The Diva pose is so 90’s… now looks tacky!

15. jeremyrain June 21, 2013 at 04:56 #

LOLOLOL, I found myself peeing on the floor with the “twins” remark. So clever, FC.

16. Noemi June 21, 2013 at 09:06 #

This is maybe her classiest look, even if I find the shoes completely wrong because of the color. Raf Simons succeeded in making this woman look chic! I don’t understand why they gave her the star, anyway. She’s not a good singer, not a good actress… other people deserved it more than her.

17. Nat June 21, 2013 at 09:24 #

I’m sorry but this is totally OTT for the occasion and also…who wears a cachemire top (albeit sleveless) under the sun in the summer?
    Plus, what’s going on with her hair and makeup?

18. Xiomalys Crespo June 21, 2013 at 10:09 #

This was a cool idea, but everything that could go wrong did. From the fabric, to the creases, the repeat, the unispiring shoes…

Remember how good Scarlett Johansson looked at her unveiling?

19. Jess2 June 21, 2013 at 11:56 #

Phewwww! For a second there I thought you were going to give the shoes a pass FC, but that was very silly of me. I do know better. Other than that she does look great. Love the colours of the dress.

• Catherine Kallon June 21, 2013 at 16:01 #

lol…you know me better than that :D

20. gabis June 21, 2013 at 12:54 #

This look is so OTT for such a day and event that it actually makes her look quite ridiculous. Add to it the creases, the awful hair, the terrible shoes and the fact that this dress has been worn so many times before and you have the recipe for a disaster.

21. Colleen June 21, 2013 at 14:07 #

I LOVE it! I just wish the skirt wasn’t so wrinkled. Than again, she WAS on the ground playing with her kids, so I can look past that!

Those saying that it isn’t event appropriate and that it is way over the top? This is JLo – did you expect anything less from her?

22. Chloe June 21, 2013 at 15:09 #

What a…hot mess

23. breezedash June 21, 2013 at 17:04 #

everyone here said that she looks ridiculous and etc.
    but i love this dress and JLo’s look, I think she looks fresh and beautiful

24. Diane June 21, 2013 at 19:14 #

She’s not Nicole Kidman. Big NO for this.

25. Nat June 21, 2013 at 19:36 #

Hideous

26. Nat39 June 22, 2013 at 00:26 #

Whether it’s even-appropriate or not, this look is not for JLo to begin with imo, it’s more for someone like sweet cute Ni Ni. Those shoes are a really bad choice.

27. TeaAtTwo June 22, 2013 at 06:41 #

Even with the poor undergarment choice, NiNi wins in WWIB. Her shoe choice was superior and she looked more groomed, plus the outfit itself suited her more.

28. Lara June 22, 2013 at 21:05 #

I do not like it. The hair, the creases, and the armpit stains! Ewwwww… just no.

29. EmmaWoodhouse July 6, 2013 at 15:50 #

The dress looks like a mess on her and her styling is terrible. A major no.