Solange Knowles In Mary Katrantzou – Superjam at That Tent

Solange Knowles In Mary Katrantzou - Superjam at That Tent

Solange Knowles performed onstage during Superjam at That Tent during Day 2 of the 2013 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival in Manchester, Tennessee on Friday.

The singer wore a second Mary Katrantzou Spring 2013 look in a row.

Her previous look was a stamp-print dress, so on this occasion she selected a currency-print chainmail short-sleeved dress, which shimmered under the stage lights.

Adding some height to her look, she not only wore black-and-silver Sophia Webster ‘Yayoi’ sandals, but she also twisted her braids into a regal updo.

It’s fair to say the majority of you really disliked Solange’s last Katrantzou look, so how does this one fare?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Net-A-Porter International End of Season Sale Is Now On

Net-A-Porter International End of Season Sale Is Now On

Olivia Palermo For Carrera y Carrera

Olivia Palermo For Carrera y Carrera

15 Responses to Solange Knowles In Mary Katrantzou – Superjam at That Tent

1. Yeliz June 19, 2013 at 19:28 #

I only love the shoes.

2. Nat39 June 19, 2013 at 19:34 #

I like the dress, the silvery shimmer is beautiful, the print is interesting, would’ve been perfect with the runaway shoe.

• arwa June 19, 2013 at 20:27 #

I agree except for the shoe part. I think her choice is very good.

3. dee June 19, 2013 at 19:50 #

Don’t like this look.

4. Marybeth June 19, 2013 at 19:59 #

I would have adored the dress without that big rectangle motif at the midsection. It makes even the model look boxy and I find it artistically jarring. ( I think Mary Katrantzou spoils a lot of her wonderful print dresses with badly placed panels like this.)

I like Solange’s styling. The shoes are great, even if the model’s silvery ones are better. The fancy hair works much better with this than with the previous outfit, IMO.

I’ll give the overall look a thumbs up, though they’re not raised very high!

5. Christine June 19, 2013 at 20:21 #

Only like the shoes.

6. Aparajita June 19, 2013 at 22:40 #

It’s too hobo like for my liking.

7. KatieKate June 19, 2013 at 23:37 #

I love MK dress, and I think they are perfect for Solange, I loved her last one as well. I think this is a great performance look for her, and I love the hair, but I do so wish she would’ve worn the runway shoes!

• Denise June 20, 2013 at 10:28 #

I agree on all points. I like it when artists perform dressed and not half naked. I hope Solange continues in this direction.

8. Valeria June 20, 2013 at 00:53 #

I loved her previous look and this one is just as wonderful. She works her own style like no other. So refreshing and bold!

9. Mol June 20, 2013 at 01:38 #

I wouldn’t have minded if the dress was a tad shorter (as the model wears it), but otherwise I find this another beautiful and interesting look. Love her hair, I feel like it works so well with these MK dresses.

10. Alicat June 20, 2013 at 04:24 #

No. I am not converted. While the colours are not as loud, the large rectangle stuck in the middle goes against the natural lines of the female form. Where most of us desire a flattering hour glass effect, this rectangle, stuck where it is, gives the impression that the wearer has a boxy torso. As with all of MK’s designs, the thick fabric does not allow for draping against the body. On Solange, the front is like a board which finally gives in at the hip line, creating a bulbous, almost maternity effect. Enough said from me! I am not a fan of this gimmicky designer.

11. jeremyrain June 20, 2013 at 05:41 #

Okay, she needs to put those braids under control because her hairdo almost got me mistaken her for Bob Marley in drag.

12. Tanya June 20, 2013 at 08:28 #

Ok.. thhis is a serious no-no-no for me!!
    the hair, the dress.. Oh my! I cant get myself to like any bit of this look save the shoes, of course!

13. EmmaWoodhouse July 2, 2013 at 20:05 #

The hair is crazy. The dress isn’t really flattering, but it looks svelte, so it works. I wish she’d worn the runway shoes, though.