19.06.13 Premiere

Kristen Wiig In Prabal Gurung – ‘Imogene’ Paris Premiere

Kristen Wiig In Prabal Gurung - 'Imogene' Paris Premiere

Kristen Wiig attended the Paris premiere of her latest movie ‘Imogene’ on Tuesday as part of the Champs Elysees Film Festival.

The funny gal wore a white-and-black Prabal Gurung draped three-quarter-sleeve dress featuring the curved cut-out detail synonymous with the designer’s Fall 2013 collection.

I love the uniqueness of her on-trend dress, but I am disappointed by her caramel Pierre Hardy pumps.

A black-and-white graphic pump would have perfected the look. Just imagine what Sophia Webster studded sandals would’ve brought to this look, or even the Saint Laurent toe-cap pumps if she wanted something more conservative..

A Giuseppe Zanotti clutch with gold panels, kohl-rimmed eyes and a nude glossy lip colour completed her look.

Do her shoes get a thumbs up or down from you?

Credit: FameFlynet

Emily VanCamp In Preen - Dramatically Different Party Hosted By Clinque

Emily VanCamp In Preen – Dramatically Different Party Hosted By Clinque

Katy Perry For Vogue US July 2013

Katy Perry For Vogue US July 2013

18 Responses to Kristen Wiig In Prabal Gurung – ‘Imogene’ Paris Premiere

1. Moxie June 19, 2013 at 17:49 #

Those shoes get two thumbs down, WAY down.

2. Yiota June 19, 2013 at 18:00 #

I find the dress inspiring and very original for a red carpet.Everything from ankles up is perfect!Those shoes…why?

3. Rebecca Z June 19, 2013 at 18:02 #

I agree the shoes are jarring and not nearly up to the dress. I really like the dress, but I have to say that I don’t think white is a very good color for her, especially in such a large expanse.

4. Pablo June 19, 2013 at 18:10 #

I’m totally in love with this look. The dress is simply art.
    And I actually think the neutral pumps are not a bad choice as they allow to focus on the dress; fancier heels may have distracted and been overly fussy.

5. Yeliz June 19, 2013 at 18:18 #

The shoes definitely get a thumbs down. They don’t belong to this look. I would’ve loved had she worn those gorgeous Sophia Webster sandals. Anyway, she looks great from the ankles up. I really like that cut-out detail.

• Christine June 19, 2013 at 20:26 #

6. Charlotte June 19, 2013 at 18:20 #

I love the dress and the clutch but the shoes are not working ! Black sandals would have been great.

• Marybeth June 19, 2013 at 19:40 #

Agree 100%.

7. dee June 19, 2013 at 19:47 #

She ruined this with the shoes.

8. kane June 19, 2013 at 21:59 #

What everybody else is saying. Such a shame. I guess she wanted to match the clutch?

9. Parvati June 19, 2013 at 22:21 #

I agree about the uninspiring shoes, but the rest of the look is perfect! It’s even a BDOTW contender for me!

10. Sara June 19, 2013 at 23:34 #

The shoes are so boring :(

If you look at the below the post pictures that highlight other dresses she has worn you can see she often wears neutral colored shoes… seems to be a theme for her so I suppose we shouldn’t expect much from her in the shoe department. Something I personally could not imagine!!! I LOVE SHOES!!!! LOL

11. Fiona June 20, 2013 at 00:25 #

I love this dress but her styling is so lacking, I cannot give her credit for even picking it to wear. Those shoes are so lazy, disappointing.

12. KatieKate June 20, 2013 at 00:35 #

I love the dress, hate the shoes, (would have loved a bright pop of color), and think if she would work on her posture, she would look so much better.

13. Alicat June 20, 2013 at 04:37 #

The shoes are not even a nice nude colour – sort of dirty nude. As everyone else has said, ankles up is great.

14. Fashion Guru June 20, 2013 at 06:24 #

I started laughing when I first saw this look. And then I decided I actually liked it.

Though black or or white skinny pipe pants would have taken this to whole new level — and adding black/metallic Gucci pumps would have just rocked it out of this world!!!

15. Jai June 20, 2013 at 08:48 #

I really love the dress and it looks good on her but the shoes, as everyone has said, make no sense. The dress has a wonderful minimal vibe so I think a minimalist black strappy sandal would have been perfect!

16. EmmaWoodhouse July 2, 2013 at 19:59 #

I don’t like the look. It’s odd and not gelling with her styling.