Rooney Mara In J W

Rooney Mara gave us quite the ‘frill’ yesterday at the 2013 Los Angeles Film Festival screening of IFC Films’ ‘Ain’t Them Bodies Saints’ premiere at Regal Cinemas L.A. Live in California.

The actress, who is nothing if not fashionably predictable, tiptoed outside of her style box by wearing blue, instead of black, and by adding some girly flair with ruffles.

Her midnight-navy look from the J.W. Anderson Spring 2013 collection featured an on-trend cropped top and a pair of neoprene culottes, which could have easily been taken for a skirt at first glance.

Her black shoes, however, were no surprise. As her only accessory, her beloved Brian Atwood ‘Aida’ sandals made an appearance, adding yet another destination to their impressive red-carpet passport.

While Rooney’s hair was sculpted into an architectural bun, she stayed away from her harsher oxblood lippie. Her barely-there makeup highlighted her alabaster complexion and kept this look fresh and youthful.

10359272_1853920_1000

You can buy Rooney’s J.W. Anderson culottes from farfetch.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Hayley Williams In Jeremy Scott - NYLON x Boss Orange Escape House Event

Hayley Williams In Jeremy Scott – NYLON x Boss Orange Escape House Event

Zhang Ziyi In Peter Pilotto - 'The Road to the Grandmasters' Chinese Film Festival Opening Film

Zhang Ziyi In Peter Pilotto – ‘The Road to the Grandmasters’ Chinese Film Festival Opening Film

28 Responses to Rooney Mara In J.W. Anderson – ‘Ain’t Them Bodies Saints’ Los Angeles Film Festival Screening

1. moonbeam June 16, 2013 at 18:10 #

Does Rooney Mara have something against smiling or looking happy? Compared to Rooney, Victoria Beckham looks like a chesire cat. Anyways I like the look, but wish she had chosen different shoes.

For some reason I thought FC generally took the weekends off, but I’m always glad to see her new posts. Thank you and keep up the great work!

• Kate June 16, 2013 at 20:32 #

you know, I don’t see anyone complaining when male actors don’t smile on red carpets, but when a female doesn’t, it’s like the end of the world. that’s ridiculous, just because she is not smiling doesn’t mean that she isn’t happy. she doesn’t have to smile all the time. maybe, like victoria, she doesn’t like her smile?

• Kathy June 16, 2013 at 20:43 #

Rooney is a shy person by nature, and she has confessed that she’s always a little bit wary at events because she’s not big on the whole red carpet deal. Just a personality thing, I guess.

2. Nat39 June 16, 2013 at 18:11 #

I’m on the fence – I don’t hate it but can’t say I like it much either, but I think it’s working well enough for her. It feels a tad empty, wish she’d added a cuff/bracelet at least.

3. Beth Rodrigues June 16, 2013 at 18:20 #

Think she looks wonderful..but scared stiff. Really hates “red carpet” doesn’t she?

4. Petra June 16, 2013 at 18:28 #

I’m totally enamoured with her! I didn’t like this collection on the runway, but she totally works this look and makes me want every piece.

• Mandy June 17, 2013 at 05:45 #

Agree, i really like this look on her. She is selling it to me. Thank goodness she didn’t choose a dark lip colour again.

• Beta June 17, 2013 at 13:34 #

+1 love it

5. Marybeth June 16, 2013 at 18:49 #

It’s hard for me to get past that plastic black beanie on her head, but…..

I really don’t much like the outfit but she looks okay. I think this might work better for me if it were worn in a spirit of fun, with soft hair, a couple of bangles, and a great big smile. I don’t know.

6. Yeliz June 16, 2013 at 19:12 #

I totally love this look. This works amazingly for me. She looks fantastic.

7. Fashion Guru June 16, 2013 at 19:27 #

I will spare Rooney in this instance because she already looks 2 seconds away from crying. I will, however, blame the designer. This is an ugly design no matter how you look at it. I wouldn’t have forgiven a freshman design student had they produced this monstrosity on their first week at school.

The fact that someone cared to mass produce this piece of crap is unforgivable.

8. Prudence June 16, 2013 at 19:31 #

I love the outfit but hate her shoes and hair! I wish someone like Rihanna or Miley had rocked this because they would have really elevated the look with dope styling. This girl needs to get a therapist or something she looks so damn unhappy.

9. kane June 16, 2013 at 19:41 #

I love the close up of her face! The rest is a no.

10. Kathy June 16, 2013 at 20:45 #

The bun makes me think Japanese samurai. I like the outfit, but the shoes could have been more exciting. Rooney should try to loosen up a bit (it’s hard for her because she’s timid by nature, but if she’s going to be in this business…) She would look much better if she just didn’t look so stiff all the time.

11. Pam June 16, 2013 at 21:19 #

12. Parvati June 16, 2013 at 21:24 #

On its own, it’s not a great look, but I love it for being something different from Rooney, from the style of the clothes to the hairdo.

13. Pedro June 16, 2013 at 22:29 #

Omg!

She looks terrible… hot mess

• Fiona-Brasil June 16, 2013 at 22:34 #

• dee June 17, 2013 at 13:34 #

14. CreoleLady June 17, 2013 at 00:50 #

J’adore the lighter hand with the makeup. And I see why the shoes are a favorite, I like them too. Although this look isn’t my cup of tea, she makes me not hate it –which is quite saying something since I dislike these pieces intensely.

15. Christine June 17, 2013 at 01:00 #

Something new on the rc is also a refreshing change to see. Therefore, kudos for that. But I am not liking the shorts.

16. Alicat June 17, 2013 at 03:39 #

Ok look, but it needs more personality to sell the frilly flirtiness. The hair is unbelievably severe and does her startled look no favours.

• Ariel June 17, 2013 at 09:25 #

+ 1000

17. Dhppy June 17, 2013 at 09:27 #

Major points for stepping away from her more predictable style… not that I have a problem with people knowing who they are and sticking with what they like.

J.W. Anderson, however, gets no points for this.

18. Ariel June 17, 2013 at 10:48 #

She looks like a scared bunny forced to wear this ugly outfit, shoes, and hair. Too bad, she s a pretty girl!

19. Neli June 17, 2013 at 12:12 #

She looks very pretty but IMO she’s very fashionably predictable

20. TeaAtTwo June 17, 2013 at 20:50 #

I don’t care for the outfit but her styling here is terrific.

21. EmmaWoodhouse June 22, 2013 at 17:45 #

This goes on my “Looks I didn’t Like” from 2013…horrid. Really horrid.