Ni Ni In Christian Dior – 2013 Shanghai Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Ni Ni In Christian Dior - 2013 Shanghai Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Ni Ni and William Feng took to the red carpet on Saturday evening for the opening ceremony of the 16th Shanghai Film Festival held at Shanghai Culture Square in China.

The Chinese actress wore a Christian Dior Pre-Fall 2013 look which consisted of a simple white sleeveless tee and orange hoop skirt with a rise-and-fall hemline, that doesn’t have the same pink lining we saw in the look book, which she styled with gold pumps and a silver chunky bracelet.

I really tried to like this, but I’m not a fan of the stark orange skirt, the poor choice (especially the fit) of her bra, or the casualness of the tee.

You may remember that Marion Cotillard wore a sleeker version of this look to the 2013 SAG Awards earlier this year.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Amy Poehler's Project D 'Gretel' Dress

Amy Poehler’s Project D ‘Gretel’ Dress

Li Xinai In Tadashi Shoji - 2013 Shanghai Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Li Xinai In Tadashi Shoji – 2013 Shanghai Film Festival Opening Ceremony

12 Responses to Ni Ni In Christian Dior – 2013 Shanghai Film Festival Opening Ceremony

1. Kathy June 16, 2013 at 17:09 #

I actually like this. The casual-cocktail mix of shirt and long skirt is interesting. It’s one of the best presentations of a Dior gown I’ve come across in a while, because God knows how hard it is for celebs to look good in Raf’s designs.

2. Yeliz June 16, 2013 at 17:10 #

I’m not a fan of the simple shirt with such a big skirt either. I do like the colour of the skirt and her hair and makeup though.

3. kimberley June 16, 2013 at 17:27 #

She looks gorgeous! Love the outfit.. Not a fan of the shoes.

4. Nat39 June 16, 2013 at 19:25 #

The skirt is wrinkly and cheap-looking, the bracelet should’ve been gold,the top part is in fact too casual. On the other hand, she is so cute and charming, she almost gets away with it.

5. kane June 16, 2013 at 19:56 #

The model still wears it best unfortunately, but I prefer this version to Marion’s modified version.

6. KatieKate June 16, 2013 at 21:37 #

I agree with some of all the comments. I really want to love this, and I do, on the model. But unfortunately, it looks deflated-literally-on NiNi. And the color looks very different from the lookbook, not nearly as pretty. Bummer.

7. Christine June 17, 2013 at 01:07 #

Horrible

8. Lyvm June 17, 2013 at 09:51 #

I think she looks fabulous. The styling is flawless and i think this look probably looks a lot more fetching in real life too. She’s gorgeous and fresh looking here.

9. Noemi June 17, 2013 at 09:56 #

With the right bra this would have been perfect. I really like the skirt. And she looks adorable. Asian girls have the allure of French, they easily look chic.

10. Ariel June 17, 2013 at 10:12 #

What an amazing look from head to toe!!! I m so glad that she didn t opted for those awful chunky shoes Asian celebrities tend to wear…

11. Ariel June 17, 2013 at 10:14 #

* didn t opt

12. EmmaWoodhouse June 19, 2013 at 04:50 #

This could have been great, with proper support AND a fuller, less wrinkled skirt…as it is it’s disappointing me, despite her good styling.