16.06.13 Menswear, Premiere

‘Man of Steel’ Taormina Filmfest 2013 Premiere Menswear Round Up

‘Man of Steel’ Taormina Filmfest 2013 Premiere Menswear Round Up

It was a tale of two very different suits for the ‘Man of Steel’ male stars who attended the premiere on Saturday, which opened the Taormina Filmfest 2013 in Taormina, Italy.

Michael Shannon: Correctly judging the relaxed nature of this event and taking the heat into consideration, the actor wore a light-blue suit with a grey burnt-out tee. He completed his look with the same Cole Haan white soled shoes he wore to the New York premiere.

Henry Cavill: The British actor didn’t take a cue from his co-stars and as result some might say that he appears to have overdressed for the occasion wearing an Ermenegildo Zegna three-piece suit; others would argue that as the lead character his more formal approach was apt. Now you know I love a three-piece suit, but the pull on this top button of the waistcoat suggests that perhaps he should’ve not worn it on this occasion.

I much prefer Michael’s look. The look is more relaxed and the blue hue is enhancing his tan, whereas the grey is washing Henry out.

Credit: Getty

Amy Adams In Antonio Berardi - 'Man of Steel' Jersey Premiere

Amy Adams In Antonio Berardi – ‘Man of Steel’ Jersey Premiere

Eddie Redmayne In All Saints - Aegon Championships Queen’s Club Finals

Eddie Redmayne In All Saints – Aegon Championships Queen’s Club Finals

9 Responses to ‘Man of Steel’ Taormina Filmfest 2013 Premiere Menswear Round Up

1. KatieKate June 16, 2013 at 02:07 #

I think Michael has given us the perfect example of how a man should do dressy casual. This is prob one of the best mens look I have seen on the RC for such an occasion. On the other hand, as you alluded to FC, Henry just looks stuffy.

2. Christine June 16, 2013 at 02:20 #

Not liking either looks on this occasion

3. kane June 16, 2013 at 03:33 #

Goodness me, Michael! You make Henry look like BDOTY!

4. Noemi June 16, 2013 at 09:25 #

I prefer Michael Shannon, definitely. It’s Taormina, it’s sunny and hot there, Henry Cavill seems dressed to go to a wedding, or like he’s the groom himself. Does he have a stylist?

5. vicky June 16, 2013 at 10:37 #

Michael really suprised me during this PR tour, a very welcomed surprise!

Henry has so far not been able to convince me with any of his outfits, he should have a look at Chris Hemsworth in order to get a few tips (CH, if I remember correctly managed to dress his muscles pretty OK). But then again when you have a face as gorgeous as that who really cares what he’s wearing?

6. Yeliz June 16, 2013 at 11:07 #

I prefer Michael’s look too. Sadly I don’t like the waistcoat on Henry. Love everything from the neck up.

7. Scarlett June 16, 2013 at 12:13 #

I was really hoping Henry would go for something lighter for this premiere, he could have pulled off cream or the blue, like Michael. Lose the tie, loosen up a bit, he looked so much more relaxed in Jersey.
    This is essentially Henry’s first big promo tour (he did a little for Immortals) so I guess he hasn’t really hit his red carpet stride yet, it’ll come. I’m not sure he has a stylist either, something that should be remedied, a face that gorgeous needs to dress the same. I agree with whoever mention Chris Hemsworth as a good example.

8. Jai June 16, 2013 at 14:28 #

That guy on the right needs to chill-ax. It’s okay, we all know you’re not superman once the cameras stop rolling.

9. EmmaWoodhouse June 18, 2013 at 19:39 #

Henry looks a bit overdressed, it’s a nice suit but he was so much better in the casual look. I really dislike Michael’s look though…that tee looks dirty.