Gwyneth Paltrow  In Alexander McQueen - Gene Siskel Film Center Gala Honoring Gwyneth Paltrow

Gwyneth Paltrow was the honoured guest at the Gene Siskel Film Center Gala, as she received the Renaissance Award last night in Chicago, Illinois.

For the occasion, the actress wore a creamy ivory Alexander McQueen Fall 2013 dress that wasn’t nearly as leggy as some of her recent entrances.

The strictly structured, cap-sleeve bodice gave way to a looser pleated tennis skirt, while the frock was elevated by a regal brocade, tone-on-tone print.

She added some sparkle to the demure ensemble with two rows of Pomellato’s signature supersize link-chain bracelets along with shiny gold peep-toe pumps.

Her centre-parted, straight hairstyle, which we know all too well, appeared again here. With the high collar of this dress, a swept-back updo couldn’t have hurt.

Do you like Gwynnie’s look, or are you too distracted by her déjà-vu ‘do.

Credit: Alexander McQueen & Getty

Jing Tian In Georges Hobeika Couture - 2013 Shanghai Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Jing Tian In Georges Hobeika Couture – 2013 Shanghai Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Rooney Mara In J.W. Anderson - 'Ain't Them Bodies Saints' Los Angeles Film Festival Screening

Rooney Mara In J.W. Anderson – ‘Ain’t Them Bodies Saints’ Los Angeles Film Festival Screening

20 Responses to Gwyneth Paltrow In Alexander McQueen – Gene Siskel Film Center Gala Honoring Gwyneth Paltrow

1. Pedro June 16, 2013 at 17:49 #

Gwyneth looks REALLY beautiful!

Amazing body and i love the dress. Very chic

2. Nat39 June 16, 2013 at 17:55 #

I don’t like this dress on her to begin with – without the gold detail at the waist that gives it an edge and in white, it’s too plain and girly with that skirt, the hair would’ve been better pulled back.

• Marybeth June 16, 2013 at 18:40 #

My thoughts exactly.

I appreciate her wanting a more springlike look but, in this case at least, the black and gold runway version would have been vastly better.

• Yeloz June 16, 2013 at 19:10 #

I agree.

• kane June 16, 2013 at 19:44 #

I agree! I don’t like the dress to begin with, but without the metals she took all the interesting bits away.

• dee June 17, 2013 at 13:34 #

I agree.

3. Jolene June 16, 2013 at 17:59 #

She looks beautiful. The fitting is perfect.I think the hair style suits her perfectly. Many of us stick with something we feel confortable with.

4. Charlotte June 16, 2013 at 18:37 #

I love the dress ! But, as usual, I don’t like her styling : hair and shoes.

5. Fashion Guru June 16, 2013 at 19:30 #

Gwyneth looks sensational. This dress couldn’t have been worn by anymore more perfect! The hair is a signature — much like Ana has hers. If it ain’t broke…

Love the gold shoes. To die for!

6. Pati June 16, 2013 at 20:25 #

Yeah, whatever. I’m way too distracted by the shoes the model is wearing :D

7. Kathy June 16, 2013 at 20:52 #

Gwenyth has literally managed to make an Alexander McQueen piece look like it came from some generic bargain-priced chain store. Where is the spunk and edge from the lookbook version? Completely gone. Vanished. Nothing against her personally, but it’s like she’s sucked the life out of that dress completely. She couldn’t even have added interesting shoes or makeup or something? I find that hard to believe.

• Ariel June 17, 2013 at 09:19 #

I totally agree! Colorless literally and metaphorically.

8. Juliana June 17, 2013 at 00:01 #

I love the look, but the hair ruins it

9. Christine June 17, 2013 at 01:01 #

Not liking this look.

10. Markness June 17, 2013 at 02:27 #

I wish she wore the runway version. It lost its edge when it became white. I think it’s gonna be hard to see Gwyneth with her hair pulled up on the red carpet. :)

11. Alicat June 17, 2013 at 03:43 #

I am in love with the black and gold version on the model. Paired with those shoes it rocks. Looking to the right I see a different dress altogether. Understated, demure, boring… It looks ok but what a missed opportunity!!

12. mumu June 18, 2013 at 11:43 #

ditch the shoes for a pair of ice skates and of she goes!
    much prefer the lookbook version.

• mumu June 18, 2013 at 11:44 #

oops! “off”

13. Elaine2 June 18, 2013 at 16:17 #

this doesn’t look like Alexander McQueen to me at all. The runway version sorta does, but Gwyneth’s does not.

I think she looks ridiculous. The dress seems too juvenile for a 40 year old, and her hair – please, please do something different! A side part would be better and this flat ironed look is just too weird on her. She should allow her hair to naturally curl. Maybe it’s time Gwynnie, to had some low lights? She’s washed out.

14. EmmaWoodhouse June 21, 2013 at 05:52 #

I don’t like this at all. I’m not a fan of turtlenecks, they’re so restrictive. With hair down it’s even worse. She needs to change her hairstyle anyway. The dress is too young and childlike; plus the dropwaist is unfortunate. She is capable of more.