Debby Ryan In Naeem Khan – Daytime Entertainment Creative Arts Emmy Awards 2013

Debby Ryan In Naeem Khan - Daytime Entertainment Creative Arts Emmy Awards 2013

Debby Ryan attended the 40th Annual Daytime Entertainment Creative Arts Emmy Awards held at Westin Bonaventure Hotel on Friday evening in Los Angeles, California.

The gorgeous starlet, whose documentary, ‘Disney Friends for Change: Education in India,’ was nominated, wore a Naeem Khan Fall 2013 gown.

This gown featuring a pewter vintage floral beaded bodice and black wool crepe sarong skirt is a more grown up look than we’re used to seeing from the young actress, yet it doesn’t feel too mature nor does it drastically age her.

I think she was able to strike the right balance of looking beautiful and sophisticated, representing her work which had a serious, positive message while still maintaining a youthful flare.

I love the styling which included a deep berry lip colour and a simple black clutch.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Amy Adams In Antonio Berardi - 'Man of Steel' Jersey Premiere

Amy Adams In Antonio Berardi – ‘Man of Steel’ Jersey Premiere

Amy Adams In Michael Kors - 'Man of Steel' Taormina Filmfest 2013 Photocall

Amy Adams In Michael Kors – ‘Man of Steel’ Taormina Filmfest 2013 Photocall

12 Responses to Debby Ryan In Naeem Khan – Daytime Entertainment Creative Arts Emmy Awards 2013

1. Christine June 16, 2013 at 00:58 #

She looks beautiful. Love her hair.

• Gianni June 16, 2013 at 06:38 #

This look is perfectly appropriate for a young woman attending an evening black tie event. The hand beaded bodice is more vintage than gothic, the flow of the skirt feels a bit Grecian but chic in that material especially pared with that stunning bodice.

It seems to fit her frame perfectly. I rarely like the celeb photos when contrasted with the model in the same dress, but Debby owns this look hands down.Her makeup is evening makeup with a strong lip holding it’s own against her fir skin and the contrast of the black dress. Her flowing locks are actually one of my favorite parts of this look because it could be borderline too casual, but Debby makes it work. It’s not too serious and bring a bit of a youthful vibe to a formal look but still looks glam. Kudos Debby!

2. KatieKate June 16, 2013 at 01:51 #

FC, ITA on all points. She looks so beautiful, I can hardly believe that is the young Disney star I once watched on TV with my little ones!

3. Kathy June 16, 2013 at 04:09 #

Youthful flare? I beg to differ. There’s nothing youthful about this look, from the screen-siren hair to the dark lip to the borderline gothic tones in her dress. I don’t find it particularly age-appropriate. Debby doesn’t look bad, but it’s still a cry for attention. This is not the right dress/styling for someone of her age and position.

• kane June 16, 2013 at 04:15 #

I’d have to agree. She doesn’t quite look the 20 years that Wikipedia gives her. I can get on board with the dramatic lip, but the hair styling doesn’t do justice to the gown. The simple black clutch on the simple black skirt is unforgivably boring. This dress deserved better.

4. Yeliz June 16, 2013 at 10:58 #

She looks amazing. The gown is gorgeous and I love her hair and makeup.

5. Jess2 June 16, 2013 at 11:49 #

I am not very familiar with this young lady but I think she looks stunning. I adore this dress on her it fits her body shape so well, I like it better on her than on the model. Her styling is great also.

6. Nat39 June 16, 2013 at 19:50 #

WAY too mature/aging, sorry, would’ve been a bit better with a more natural youthful makeup (the dark lippie tips it over the edge for me) and a cute flirty clutch.

7. Ariel June 17, 2013 at 10:31 #

It might be aging her but still looks amazing! With a more interesting clutch it would be perfection!

8. Ariel June 17, 2013 at 10:53 #

P.S. There is something of the young Brigitte Bardot’s face and hair…

9. EmmaWoodhouse June 18, 2013 at 17:06 #

This look is fantastic. Really beautiful and elegant, and a totally new style from her. BDOTW-worthy.

10. Peter October 4, 2013 at 15:10 #