Carly Rae Jepsen In Carlie Wong – 4th Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York

Carly Rae Jepsen In Carlie Wong - 4th Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York

Before taking to the stage to perform at the 4th Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York on Thursday evening wearing a cobalt-blue L.A.M.B. Fall 2013 suit, Carly Rae Jepsen graced the red carpet alongside the likes of Jennifer Lopez and Uma Thurman.

Taking on the red carpet veterans, the singer wore a Carlie Wong Spring 2013 gown.

Her sheer white sleeveless etched-pattern gown features a bright-yellow mini underlay, giving the gown a youthful edge along with her mint-green Luichiny pumps.

The turquoise cuff is a bit of a head-scratcher, but the rest of her styling, including a gold clutch and wavy red tresses, perfects her look.

Credit: Carlie Wong facebook & Getty

17 thoughts on “Carly Rae Jepsen In Carlie Wong – 4th Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York

1. dee

I like both looks. Could have ditched the turquiose cuff but this is the best she has looked to me.

2. Alicat

Many dresses with overlays look mismatched but I really like this. The short underskirt, neck line and hair style give a sixties feel. I am pretending the turquoise cuff is not there.

3. kane

The picture on the left is probably the best this dress will ever look. A hard act to follow–even if you are not let down by uninspired styling.

4. Parvati

I want to love this look, but this yellow mini dress underneath really bothers me. If it was less visible, I would have adored this look.

5. Nat39

I love the gown, it’s like a breath of fresh air on the model, Carly is not selling the silhouette to me, would’ve liked to see it on someone taller and more statuesque. The turquoise cuff is confusing.

6. Prudence

who are these random designers she always wears and always look awful in??
    I mean she is kinda big now I am sure hip designers like Prabal Gurung, Proenza, Wang and a thousand better ones than her choices would love to lend her some proper clothes!

1. Anne

Carlie Wong is no random designer Prudence, they’ve worked together over the years before Carly Rae hit it big.

7. Kathy

She looks great, but she just isn’t cut out for a dress like this. Given her twee persona (she may be 27, but she could pass for 15) and young fanbase, Carly isn’t selling it to me. She should stick to fresher, more youthful clothing because she’s not convincing in these long, romantic vintage numbers.

8. Dhppy

Hey, finally a short dress with a sheer overlay that I can get behind. The print and the cut of the overlay really sell it as having it’s own reason for being rather than just some netting gimmick. For a second, I thought the turquoise cuff was some sort of medical bracelet and excused it for this reason. Like they’re getting scans in between courses.

9. EmmaWoodhouse

it COULD have been great…
    1. Line the dress. The WHOLE dress.
    2. Put her hair up (those bangs! Ugh!)
    3. Ditch the cuff.

10. Stof

“Random designers?” Carlie Wong was a finalist and strong contender in project runway canada. Carly Jepsen is Canadian…both from the Vancouver area. She is supporting her city, friend, and a talented designer. Carly looks great, and Carlie Wong is amazing.

1. Zip

Carlie did appear on the program, but was NOT a finalist, or even close. (Not that Project Runway is any indication of talent, one way or the other.)

This dress looks elegant on the model, but more like an elderly woman’s bath curtain on Carly.

11. Rebecca Z

Sad waste of a beautiful dress. She looks so out of place in this gown–not nearly sophisticated enough. Don’t usually like this sheer bottomed look but this dress is spectacular.