13.06.13

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Hobbs - Princess Cruises Naming of the Ship Ceremony

Who would’ve thought becoming pregnant would be the catalyst for Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge’s style?

Since announcing her pregnancy she has worn a wide array of looks, mostly coat dresses; however, the looks have been interesting and noteworthy, like the Hobbs ‘Dalmatian’ mac she wore today for the Princess Cruises Naming of the Ship Ceremony in Southampton, England.

Catherine looked very stylish arriving in her Hobbs animal-print coat before smashing a £1,250 Nebuchadnezzar of Moet et Chandon against the ship saying “I name this ship Royal Princess. May God bless her and all who sail in her.”

The coat was styled with a black hat, black pumps, and a white clutch.

Are you finding yourself impressed by Catherine’s style?

0113-4001-9091L00-008_01_470_505

You can buy Catherine’s coat from Hobbs.com.

Credit: Getty

2013 Women In Film Crystal + Lucy Awards

2013 Women In Film Crystal + Lucy Awards

January Jones In Mary Katrantzou - Women In Film's 2013 Crystal + Lucy Awards

January Jones In Mary Katrantzou – Women In Film’s 2013 Crystal + Lucy Awards

25 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Hobbs – Princess Cruises Naming of the Ship Ceremony

1. Lee Ann June 13, 2013 at 12:27 #

I think she had it the wrong way around. I would have kept the champagne and used the coat to smash the boat. This does nothing for her-the colour, the shape. The hat is hideous. I have stopped commenting on the shoes. perhaps a piece of jewellry and better styling might have rescued this but as she wears it NO!

• Lee Ann June 13, 2013 at 12:51 #

+1 -in fact I even prefer the older woman’s hat and styling

• justiner June 13, 2013 at 14:03 #

So true! This shape might have worked before pregnancy, but not now. I really don’t like this outfit.

• KatieKate June 14, 2013 at 01:51 #

Hilarious!!!

• helene June 14, 2013 at 11:57 #

2. Karen June 13, 2013 at 12:42 #

Kate has no style. That’s okay though, most members of the British Royal Family have no style as well. Can we stop trying to make the fact she wears boring basic coats as dresses a thing worth oohing-and-ahhing over?

• M June 13, 2013 at 18:26 #

Finally someone dares to say it!

• molly June 13, 2013 at 20:07 #

I actually like the coat and hat today, but I agree with you. Meanwhile, extremely stylish and daring royals like The Crown Princesses of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden are always overlooked because they come from smaller countries. If Kate was a Scandinavian royal, no one would look twice at her. Its the fact that she is a British royal that gets her all of the press and attention.

• amy June 13, 2013 at 20:30 #

AMEN.

• elena June 14, 2013 at 11:58 #

Finally!!1 Thank you Karen

3. Christine June 13, 2013 at 12:49 #

This look is so old lady.

4. Yeliz June 13, 2013 at 13:33 #

She does look lovely, but this is not my favourite look of her during her pregnancy.

5. Rashmi June 13, 2013 at 13:33 #

I don’t like the hat, but I like the overall styling. Its great to see her embracing prints!

6. Moxie June 13, 2013 at 14:18 #

I’m not a fan of all of these coat dresses. It would be nice to see her in something else for a change. But she does look fine.

7. kane June 13, 2013 at 14:42 #

No to the cut of these coat dresses–where it is an actual coat (that lovely lemony one!), it’s fine, but not when it’s a dress and someone just didn’t bother to make something more out of it. NO to the print (I’m biased here though, animal print is just not happening for me beyond very very small doeses… Kerry did well with her shoes the other day). Also no to the hat, that bow up in the air forces a certain other hat worn at her wedding back into my mind.

She’s had quite a nice run the last few weeks, but this is awful.

8. CreoleLady June 13, 2013 at 14:45 #

I have tried and tried to like these fascinators which sit on the forehead like this. But they still look like decorated plates to me, the fascination being figuring out how they don’t fall off. As for being a bit more adventurous while pregnant, she’s shrewd to take advantage of the goodwill generated by bearing the next-in-line for the throne.

9. Jolene June 13, 2013 at 15:48 #

The only thing I like is the sapphire ring.

10. priya June 13, 2013 at 16:48 #

This looks very old lady to me – and makes her look wider.Could be prejudiced tho cos I hate animal prints except in small doses.

11. Dhppy June 13, 2013 at 18:19 #

I have an aversion to most animal prints, but I actually like this on her. I think she’s carried her pregnancy remarkably well.

12. Elaine2 June 13, 2013 at 18:39 #

I’m not fond of her fashion choices 99% of the time. Because she doesn’t wear maternity clothes, the front hem of her dresses and coats are uneven – and that detracts from the look. When is she ever going to weight her hems? They always blow around, and this appearance was no different than any of the rest.

She has a knack of making everything she wears look bland. Even this animal print! I think her choice of shoes incredibly dull. The hat looks ridiculous perched on her forehead like that. Honestly, when will be get a stylist? Please, let’s hope it’s SOON.

The makeup is horrible as usual. Doesn’t look like she’s wearing extensions anymore, either. But I will say she looks good with a little extra weight on her frame.

• ok June 13, 2013 at 21:26 #

That’s funny. I was just thinking the opposite. I think women can be beautiful no matter what weight they are, because a pretty face is a pretty face. Extra weight on the Duchess here just shows that she’s really average and that any allure she had was due to being skinny.

• Priya June 14, 2013 at 03:01 #

I agree a 1000 times- I had started doubting my eyes!

13. MaddyEliza June 13, 2013 at 23:11 #

I am the biggest fan of Kate and normally a huge fan of her style as well, but on this occasion I am sad to say that I am very disappointed. :( I like the style of the coat but I HATE HATE HATE animal print, always have, and always will. Ugh. I like her fascinator but otherwise…this was a rare bad look from Kate for me. :(

14. KatieKate June 14, 2013 at 01:57 #

I actually do think Kate has good style. I just think it is extremely difficult to please everybody, esp the Royal Family. There are certain expectations placed on her, and I think it has really stifled her style. I think she dressed much better before the wedding. Also Princess Di always had very forward-thinking, even sexy fashion choices, but she wad considered quite rebellious at that time, and I am not sure Kate wants that label for herself. JMO.

15. EmmaWoodhouse June 15, 2013 at 04:52 #

I was surprised that I didn’t hate a dalmatian print coat and call it Cruella De Vil-like! But I think this is cute on her. I like her fascinator as well–overall I find this look fun and unexpected (animal print for a royal!)