12.06.13

Summer Party On The Highline, Presented By Coach

Summer Party On The Highline, Presented By Coach

Last night, a bevy of ‘it-list’ beauties gathered for a carnival-themed Summer Party, presented by Coach, on New York City’s High Line. Here, some of the looks that weren’t all as light and luscious as I was anticipating.

Katie Holmes: The actress-cum-designer kept it cool in a white one-shoulder Chloé Resort 2013 dress, accented with a mauve Coach ‘Madison’ gathered twist clutch, brown Azzedine Alaïa gladiator sandals and black-lacquered nails. The silhouette could have been more flattering, as I don’t love what the gathered dropped waist is doing to her figure at this angle.

Naomi Watts: Pretty in light pink, Naomi wore a loose, button-down See by Chloé shirtdress with white Bruno Magli sandals. Her metallic-accented, leopard-print sunnies added some of the pop I was originally seeking. A Coach Poppy Mirror metallic flight bag completed her look.

Connie Britton: The ‘Nashville’ star stood out in a breezy, aqua-blue high-low dress, grounded with a pair of chocolate-brown platform sandals. She definitely wins the best hair award of the group, as it’s hard to argue with her effortless auburn waves.

Anna Kendrick: Seemingly neither ready for summer or for a festive party, the actress took a darker approach, which looked hot—literally. Black on top of black came with her skinny jeans, a leather vest, and a sheer, geometrically printed Joe’s blouse. She carried a chain-strap Coach Legacy flight bag . My feet hurt just a little seeing those heels at an event like this.

Credit: Getty

Andrea Guasch In Ana Locking -  17th Malaga Film Festival 2014 Opening Ceremony

Andrea Guasch In Ana Locking – 17th Malaga Film Festival 2014 Opening Ceremony

See by Chloé Resort 2014 Presentation

See by Chloé Resort 2014 Presentation

15 Responses to Summer Party On The Highline, Presented By Coach

1. Moxie June 12, 2013 at 20:50 #

Connie looks great, H2T. Anna’s look isn’t very summery, but I like it. Katie’s is too baggy and plain. So is Naomi’s.

2. Nat39 June 12, 2013 at 20:52 #

Naomi is my fave, cool, fresh, stylish and effortless, I like how she styled her look.

• Yeliz June 12, 2013 at 20:55 #

Ditto. She looks great.

• KatieKate June 13, 2013 at 02:27 #

+2!

• Nat39 June 12, 2013 at 21:01 #

the brown sandals on Katie and Connie bring both looks down, and Anna’s look is way off for the summer party event.

• Rashmi June 13, 2013 at 05:24 #

+3. Naomi looks the best and most stylish !!

• gabis June 13, 2013 at 14:07 #

Agreed. She looks fantastic. I’m crazy about her shirtdress. The colour is just beautiful and the fitting is perfect, not too loose or shapeless. The accessories were very well chosen and perfectly complement the dress.
      Katie Holmes is the worst. Her dress is incredibly unflattering. It makes her look like a giant basketball player.

3. kane June 12, 2013 at 21:21 #

Not feeling any of these. The sandals are really not flattering Katie’s feet and Naomi looks like she’s just put on the boyfriend’s shirt and forgot the skirt.

4. Christine June 12, 2013 at 21:37 #

Not liking any of these look.

5. Anj June 12, 2013 at 22:40 #

It was humid last night but I don’t believe Anna Kendrick would’ve been hot especially outside at night. I would think Connie would’ve been cold to be honest.
    Connie though, is best dressed. Naomi is second. Kate Holmes could’ve been third but that weird drop waist thing looks intentionally done that way by her. I feel like it’s naturally supposed to go higher in actuality.

6. Carolina June 13, 2013 at 00:09 #

I don’t love any of those looks, maybe I only approve Anna’s….Katie looks terrible as always, she has no sense of style whatsoever, Naomi boring as usual and Connie, the color is nice but that’s all!

7. Alicat June 13, 2013 at 03:14 #

I don’t really like any of these looks. Katie Holmes looks like she is wearing a toga. The way she has pulled down the waistline elongates her body and makes her look terribly bottom heavy. Anna Kendrick looks the best to me although not on theme.

8. Cooltweens June 13, 2013 at 04:09 #

Katie Holmes really needs to work on her posture. Those unflattering shoes really called attention to her pigeon-toed pose. And that dress makes her look even more bottom heavy.

9. MaddyEliza June 13, 2013 at 12:55 #

I love Connie’s look!! The colour is so vibrant and summery and the dress style is fun and cute. I love her shoes too. And her hair!! Oh my goodness to die for. She looks so great H2T–an all-around winning look for me. :)
    I do not like any of the other looks at all.

10. EmmaWoodhouse June 15, 2013 at 04:46 #

Connie’s hair is the winner here :)
    I love the color of her dress but not the style; am not enamored of any of the other looks either. If Naomi’s was a proper shirtdress instead of a shirt-as-dress I would like it.