12.06.13 Menswear, Premiere

‘Man of Steel’ London Premiere Menswear Round Up

'Man of Steel' London Premiere Menswear Round Up

The male stars of ‘Man of Steel’ joined Amy Adams and Antje Traue on the red carpet this evening at the Odeon Leicester Square for the London premiere.

Henry Cavill: The British actor opted to wear yet another Tom Ford suit, this time donning a midnight-blue Prince of Wales check three-piece suit styled with a matching tie and white dress shirt. Many of you were able to see beyond his dashing good looks to notice that his previous look didn’t fit perfectly. While I wouldn’t class this as perfect, I think the overall look is much improved.

Michael Shannon: The actor wore a white pocket square from The Tie Bar with his Thomas Pink grey Prince of Wales ‘Weatherly’ suit, which was styled with a white shirt and cufflinks by the same brand. Due to the pant length and shape of his Allen Edmond loafers, we can see Michael’s colourful purple socks by Happy Socks. It appears that Michael likes to add a pop of colour to his look. Last time it was a white sole on his shoes; this time it’s socks.

Russell Crowe: The Australian actor was the only one who wore a coat. The black overcoat was worn with an ink-blue two-button suit and light-blue shirt, which he again opted to wear sans tie.

Who gets your vote?

Credit: Wenn & Getty

Maria Menounos' Alice + Olivia Butterfly Shorts

Maria Menounos’ Alice + Olivia Butterfly Shorts

Amy Adams' Coach Madison Leather Phoebe Shoulder Bag

Amy Adams’ Coach Madison Leather Phoebe Shoulder Bag

13 Responses to ‘Man of Steel’ London Premiere Menswear Round Up

1. TeaAtTwo June 12, 2013 at 23:50 #

I did notice, just didn’t care. lol. Fashion-wise this is better.

2. Christine June 13, 2013 at 00:02 #

Henry looks much better here. I like Michael Shannon suit.

3. noo June 13, 2013 at 01:06 #

I already have a huge crush on Michael Shannon, so he’s making me so happy with his fashion choices :D

4. CreoleLady June 13, 2013 at 02:42 #

None of the above.

• dee June 13, 2013 at 13:19 #

5. Fashion Guru June 13, 2013 at 04:59 #

Henry has an amazing body. Sadly, it is not made for suiting. Especially Tom Ford Suiting, where fabrics are extremely heavy and garments are thickly lined. He looks bulky as a result. The vest just adds to event more heft.

The fix? Slim cut, structured, English tailoring a la Paul Smith.

Sadly, a man over a 42R men’s suiting size will not look great in the suit because it loses its structural intent and look.

Most of these Hollywood actors that looks amazing in suiting (Chris Pine, Eddie Redmayne, Justin Timberlake) all wear suits sizes 40R and under.
    Sample sizes are now made in 38R.

In short, I prefer Henry in nothing at all. :)

• Denise June 13, 2013 at 10:46 #

Agree on all points, especially the last one !

• Alicat June 13, 2013 at 12:06 #

Thanks for the education re men’s suiting. Methinks Henry would look great in casuals as well as sans clothes!!!!!

• Noemi June 13, 2013 at 13:52 #

I agree with you. Tom Ford is great for men like Justin Timberlake and Eddie Redmayne, not for Cavill, he is too muscled. I prefer him with casual clothes.

6. Yeliz June 13, 2013 at 07:30 #

Michael’s look is the most interesting one, but Henry looks so damn good again, he is my favourite.

7. Alicat June 13, 2013 at 09:13 #

Yes. Before I did not even register Mr Cavill’s clothes, but on further inspection, I do agree this suit fits better. I like that Mr Shannon always includes something quirky to elevate his look, while remaining classy. Men’s fashion is certainly more constrained on the red carpet. I like Mr Crowe’s coat, but his dapper look is let down by not wearing a tie.

8. Nat39 June 13, 2013 at 20:23 #

Not crazy about anyone but I choose Henry of the 3 – a 3 piece suit in midnight blue gets my attention, and he is showing a proper amount of shirt cuff under the suit sleeves (take a note Michael Shannon, this is way too much shirt cuff)

9. EmmaWoodhouse June 15, 2013 at 04:44 #