Lauren Conrad In Zayan – ‘Infamous’ Book Signing

Lauren Conrad In Zayan - ‘Infamous’ Book Signing

Following her Young Hollywood Studio guest appearance on Monday, Lauren Conrad kick-started her book tour for her latest novel, ‘Infamous’ at the Barnes & Noble bookstore at The Grove in LA.

On this occasion, the former reality TV star opted for a fairytale-like embroidered white dress with a peach tulle overlay by Zayan.

I have to say the look feels a tad OTT for a book signing; I’m feeling this is mostly because of the tulle overlay.

Had it been cut shorter it would’ve felt less like a red carpet frock, methinks.

After sporting blunt bangs on Monday, the author opted to style her ombre mane into a chic topknot.

Blush-coloured sandals and a gold bracelet completed her look.

Is the tulle overlay bothersome to you?

Credit: Zayan & Getty

Cate Blanchett In Givenchy - Out In Sydney

Cate Blanchett In Givenchy – Out In Sydney

Darby Stanchfield In Yuna Yang -  'Scandal' Monte Carlo TV Festival Photocall

Darby Stanchfield In Yuna Yang – ‘Scandal’ Monte Carlo TV Festival Photocall

17 Responses to Lauren Conrad In Zayan – ‘Infamous’ Book Signing

1. shap_half June 12, 2013 at 16:09 #

I have to say that this is one of the few times when I’m actually a fan of the sheer overlay. I usually find them really tacky and too “mall.” But here it looks good. The only thing is this very, very beige. Everything is beige. She could have put on a bright pink lipstick or a more colorful shoe.

2. Jolene June 12, 2013 at 16:36 #

The tule doesnt botter me at all. In fact I like everything about this look but definitely is the wrong occasion to wear it.

3. Rashmi June 12, 2013 at 16:41 #

Yup, its bothersome! So much that i want to go and remove it from the dress personally :D

But what I dislike more it.. The topknot, the hairdo looks really bad sporting different color this way.

4. kelly June 12, 2013 at 16:47 #

at once bothersome and boring. she is so boring and basic, anything you wear could be put together by a half way trendy 17 year old in Macys. her styling is always basic and i’m falling alseep just typing this zzzzz

5. dee June 12, 2013 at 17:12 #

This is dull.

6. Marybeth June 12, 2013 at 17:22 #

The tulle is too much for the event and furthermore makes the dress look a bit too tent-like on her.
    The topknot is way too big and the extreme difference in hair color between the scalp and knot is very disconcerting.
    She’s a lovely girl who likes to wear clothes so I do wish she would stand up straight.
    I like her choice of shoes though!

7. Noemi June 12, 2013 at 17:43 #

The dress is unflattering and makes her seem wider. The hairstyle is cheap and unflattering. I prefer the way she dresses for everyday life, nothing particular, but alway cute and feminine. For other events she’s often without praise or blame or too girlie.

8. justme June 12, 2013 at 18:27 #

Without the tulle, the dress would have been even more boring lol so I don’t mind it.

9. Christina June 12, 2013 at 18:57 #

The overlay is unflattering and – like said before – tent-like. I wonder what the dress would have looked like with a belt to define her waist.

10. Yeliz June 12, 2013 at 19:19 #

The tulle overlay looks much better on the model. I don’t like the dress on Lauren and I agree, it’s too much for a book signing.

11. kane June 12, 2013 at 20:41 #

The tulle isn’t even the dress’s biggest problem. What an unflattering look!

12. Christine June 12, 2013 at 22:04 #

This is a bit much and she is overdoing it.

13. Beth Rodrigues June 12, 2013 at 23:52 #

She’s posing with hunched shoulders..makes her look very awkward and full tummied..dress embarrassment?

• mg June 13, 2013 at 17:17 #

shes such a cute girl but has the nmost awkawrd smile and bad posture. which make her look kinda retarded in photos

14. TeaAtTwo June 12, 2013 at 23:55 #

She dresses too twee in my opinion.

15. Alicat June 13, 2013 at 03:41 #

The dress could look beautiful worn for the right occasion, but not here in a book shop. The real fail is the hair. Her ombré hair worn like that in a top knot looks like she’s plonked a mismatched hair piece on her head.

16. EmmaWoodhouse June 15, 2013 at 04:39 #

I find the whole thing bothersome; the dress is a cocoon-like mess.