Jessica Chastain In Lanvin – The Fashion Institute of Technology Gala 2013

Jessica Chastain In Lanvin - The Fashion Institute of Technology Gala 2013

Jessica Chastain attended The Fashion Institute of Technology Gala 2013 held at Cipriani in New York City on Monday evening.

The actress, who doesn’t appear to fear switching it up, wore a Lanvin Resort 2014 one-sleeve asymmetrical gold lamé dress on this occasion.

It’s not quite the norm when we think about Jessica’s style; however, had she selected something predictable, we would’ve accused her of being boring.

The colour is beautiful against her pale skin and red hair, and I love the addition of the Lanvin gold lacquered wood and bronzed metal clutch with resin art deco clasp plus the coral lip colour. The Lanvin black pumps don’t get any love, you won’t be surprised to know.

Do you like this sexier look from Jessica, or do you believe the dress got lost in transit while en route to JLo?

I can’t believe I forgot to mention the rare sighting of a clutch held by Jessica.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

2013 Critics’ Choice Television Awards Round Up

2013 Critics’ Choice Television Awards Round Up

Stella McCartney Resort 2014 Presentation

Stella McCartney Resort 2014 Presentation

43 Responses to Jessica Chastain In Lanvin – The Fashion Institute of Technology Gala 2013

1. Dolly June 11, 2013 at 13:19 #

The gold is stunning against her skin and hair. She looks flawless. Based on that I would give her a pass on the shoes, but something else would have been preferred.

2. dee June 11, 2013 at 13:32 #

The shoes ruin a great look. Where are the sexy sandals.

• Ariel June 11, 2013 at 13:33 #

+ 1000

• Prudence June 11, 2013 at 18:34 #

speak that truth! I swear bad shoes can completely wreck a great look and lanvins pumps are sooo big and chunky and ugly. I have said this a thousand times before but imma say it again….do strappy sandals not exist in hollywood???? I swear it kills me!!!!

• Nat39 June 11, 2013 at 18:58 #

ditto, the shoes are a major let down, a great sexy look for Jessica otherwise.

3. Yiota June 11, 2013 at 13:35 #

I like the dress against her skin tone and hair but i would like a differest shoe choice.Maybe sandals?

4. Laura June 11, 2013 at 13:43 #

I think she looks great, even with those shoes!

• GGG June 11, 2013 at 19:59 #

I agree! She is so chic.

5. Wowed June 11, 2013 at 13:46 #

The make up is FLAWLESS!
    She looks so beautiful, I am just focusing on her face.

The dress compliments her make up although I’m not a big fan of the dress but on her, it just accentuates her beauty. Gorgeous

Every bit the A lister! Gorgeous

6. Ariel June 11, 2013 at 13:55 #

Actually my favorite look of her! Just those shoes… agrrhhh!

7. yumey June 11, 2013 at 13:58 #

WOW she looks so beautiful, the gold really shines n stuns against her skin tone, her hair n makeup is flawless! my girl crush deepens.

8. Yeliz June 11, 2013 at 14:02 #

Can’t overlook the shoes, they are way too uninspiring for such a gorgeous look. Love everything from the ankles up. The dress looks beautiful on her.

9. Christine June 11, 2013 at 14:04 #

This is still a boring look to me.

10. Thomas June 11, 2013 at 14:09 #

stop the presses Jessica Chastain has donned a clutch! From the ankles up this look is perfect but those shoes ruin it. Anything would have been better I think I could have lived with a black peep toe more than those horse hooves though I personally would have given her a pair of gold Louboutin peep toe sling backs

11. Rashmi June 11, 2013 at 14:32 #

I actually couldn’t make out that it’s Jessica! Love this sexy look, even if the shoes were wrong.

12. AnderBoBo June 11, 2013 at 14:36 #

This is the best her hair/makeup has ever looked. Also that dress is amazing against her skin, in spite of those hideous shoes which I am pretending are literally anything else, this is a BDOTW for me.

• kane June 11, 2013 at 15:05 #

I agree. I think make up and hair make this look work and keep it from JLo territory. The shoes are playing it safe, but I don’t mind them.

13. naomie June 11, 2013 at 14:48 #

Wow, girl – Gold is your color!
    Look is perfect, except the unfortunate choice of shoes…

14. Jolene June 11, 2013 at 14:58 #

I only like the shoes. Everything else is out of place. Her normally beautiful hair is just a Meh in this picture.

15. Samuel June 11, 2013 at 15:29 #

What pulls this look together is the exceptional makeup. Absolutely stunning! I do agree though…the shoes pull this look down. Ankles up, I’m buying it!!

16. Liz June 11, 2013 at 16:19 #

….Is that…a….clutch?

• Maria June 11, 2013 at 16:41 #

I was just thinking “is nobody going to comment on the clutch?”
      I do think she looks amazing here, even good enough to look past those shoes

• CreoleLady June 11, 2013 at 16:45 #

LOL. The clutch almost makes up for those atrocious shoes. Well, OK, not really, those shoes are terrible, ruin an otherwise fab look.

17. Rebecca Z June 11, 2013 at 17:52 #

I don’t like this on her. She doesn’t look sexy, she looks awkward and intimidated and uncomfortable.

18. Lyvm June 11, 2013 at 18:00 #

She looks absolutely ravishing and her minimalistic yet flawless make up complements this statement dress. However something seems out of place. I would have either liked to see her hair in a tight pony or the dress a little shorter. So much potential but it’s a little ill fitting somehow.

19. wowed June 11, 2013 at 18:16 #

If it was just based on her face, perfection!
    How did she get the glow?
    Please share, she looks so beautiful, I wanna be her!

20. dunzoo June 11, 2013 at 19:18 #

Don’t like it. The dress looks quite cheap on her, the shoes are too heavy, and the orange lip washes her out. Jessica Chastain is a pretty girl, she’s a good blank canvas, but she has absolutely no fashion personnality.

21. Ingrid June 11, 2013 at 20:13 #

That color on her and that makeup are amazing!!! She looks stunning! Although I agree the shoes could have been a bit better.

22. justme June 11, 2013 at 20:23 #

It’s such a shame about the black pumps because this look is a needed, amazing departure for Jessica. From the ankles up, I love this.

23. Tati M June 11, 2013 at 21:42 #

I always love her choices and I’m much happier seeing her with a clutch!

24. Nadine June 11, 2013 at 22:09 #

Love everything ‘cept the shoes.

25. Dhppy June 12, 2013 at 00:02 #

The gold color is fantastic with her glorious red hair, and her makeup is amazing. Also, the rare sighting of Chastain holding a clutch has proven to fruitful. However, she doesn’t quite look confident in a mini, knee length hems and longer seem to suit her better. And then there are those shoes. Good heavens, I can’t think of the last time a pair of shoes out and out killed a look so decidedly. Gold strappy sandals would have been nice, or maybe, coral pointy toe shoes that Miranda Kerr wore recently to match that lip color, or maybe, in a pinch, a nude shoe – like the louboutins she has worn in the past. Anything but these.

26. ash June 12, 2013 at 00:05 #

love it from ankles up.

27. Reez June 12, 2013 at 01:58 #

i love her hair

28. Carolina June 12, 2013 at 04:06 #

Not a flattering cut on her at all, and the shoes do no favors. With an elbow-length sleeve, a bit of a sense of casual wear is inserted, but it doesn’t really make sense or look good. The cut and drape are not suited to her figure, and make her look a bit boxy.

29. Ayesha June 12, 2013 at 06:17 #

it’s fairly likeable and it’s not that huge an event, for really important ones she usually dresses beautifully and wow…she’s carrying a clutch, that’s the first thing i noticed,

30. mattison June 12, 2013 at 07:41 #

You know what? Just for finally trotting out a clutch (and, actually, quite a nice one at that) I can overlook the shoes. The dress is beautiful and her makeup and hair are typically flawless- I’ll just pretend she wore those black and gold Jimmy Choos in FC’s favourite list on the sidebar.

• Catherine Kallon June 12, 2013 at 11:55 #

good thinking

31. Derro June 12, 2013 at 08:39 #

Not flattering; looks cheap. I am rarely impressed with Jessica’s red carpet looks, she almost always looks ‘off’ or even downright bad – surprising for someone who’s trying pretty hard to establish herself as a fashionista. I did love the purple Givenchy at Cannes & both her Oscar gowns, but that’s pretty much it.

32. Beta June 12, 2013 at 15:51 #

ankles up im obssesed with this look. whoever styling Jessica BRAVO, she’s a knockout every.single.time

33. cascia June 13, 2013 at 18:13 #

BDOTW

34. EmmaWoodhouse June 14, 2013 at 16:35 #

The dress looks cheap to me, although I love gold. It isn’t working. The shoes are bad too. But woohoo for a clutch!

35. jkrau June 27, 2013 at 00:18 #

I said “Wow” out loud when I saw this. Jessica does so many different types of looks! Which makes me think she’s still finding her style… she either looks cool and confident here or awkward and posing just for her stylist’s sake.

Her makeup is different than anything else she’s ever done!