Best Dressed Of The Week – Angelina Jolie In Ralph & Russo

'WORLD WAR Z' Germany Premiere

Even with the competition of several princesses this weekend following Princess Madeleine of Sweden’s Royal wedding, Angelina Jolie still came out on top as the best dressed this week.

The actress, known for her love of wearing all black, surprised us wearing a white Ralph & Russo strapless dress with a sculptural peplum to the ‘World War Z’ Berlin premiere.

Some said we only loved it because Angelina Jolie wasn’t wearing black; I would beg to differ, saying that the tailoring of her dress and impeccable styling are what won me over.

Credit: Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2013 Tony Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2013 Tony Awards?

Beyonce Knowles' Helmut Lang Blazer

Beyonce Knowles’ Helmut Lang Blazer

26 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Angelina Jolie In Ralph & Russo

1. naomie June 10, 2013 at 14:28 #

…… Yep, still don’t see what’s the fuss all about. Still don’t see a lot of styling done here, either.

• SS June 10, 2013 at 16:11 #

• vicky June 10, 2013 at 17:16 #

• dee June 10, 2013 at 18:21 #

+2. The white pumps are boring. I would have liked some gold strappy sandals instead.

• molly June 10, 2013 at 19:04 #

+3. The proportions are horrid and the styling is dull like it always is.

• Fashion Guru June 10, 2013 at 20:40 #

There now, Ms. Aniston. ;)

• Kathy June 11, 2013 at 02:05 #

I respect your opinion, but here’s my two cents: not all looks are meant to be paired with lots of accessories or jewelry. Sometimes it’s the simplicity that makes it great. Letting the dress speak for itself, you know? Some dresses are just unique enough to stand alone.

• naomie June 11, 2013 at 09:12 #

“not all looks are meant to be paired with lots of accessories or jewelry” – I agree with that sentence, and to me ‘styling’ does not necessarily mean lots of accessories or jewelry, dramatic make-up or a complicated hairstyle, either.
        But even minimal styling needs to be done the right way if your goal is to put emphasis on the dress.
        In this case I don’t think it was done well at all.

• towanda June 11, 2013 at 08:18 #

+1 boring

• Pene June 12, 2013 at 08:06 #

+me

2. Kathryn June 10, 2013 at 14:44 #

It wasn’t really a competition … Angelina was easily the best dressed. BDOTY!!

3. Josie June 10, 2013 at 14:46 #

Such an amazing dress. Not surprised this surpassed the royalties. A true contender for BDOTY in my book.

• Rosanna June 11, 2013 at 05:21 #

ITA!

4. Christine June 10, 2013 at 14:52 #

Agreed!! She shut it down. I am still in awe of this look.

5. MaddyEliza June 10, 2013 at 15:19 #

What. You guys have got to be kidding me. Angelina again?! And over Madeline and Victoria?!? They completely knocked it out of the park with their BDOTY-worthy looks!! This is nice, yes, but NOTHING compared to the princesses!! What a shame.

6. Moxie June 10, 2013 at 15:27 #

Had I seen the poll to vote in it, this would not have been my first choice. Or my second or third. Nice but nothing special.

7. Jolene June 10, 2013 at 16:32 #

I wish it was a black outfit. Love her in black.
    Also, white pumps are horrid and make your feet look like submarines.

8. Maria June 10, 2013 at 16:36 #

Some of us haven’t been paying attention to the poll caus Angie was far ahead the princesses (just saying) They look great but Angelina is looking dashingly handsome! BDOTY for sure!! :)

9. kane June 10, 2013 at 18:57 #

I preferred Angelina at the world premiere. Yes, the dress was black again, fairly simple and slightly less interesting maybe, but she’s never made a more stunning, mesmerising and radiant impression on me.

10. Nat39 June 10, 2013 at 20:24 #

Even though I wasn’t entirely happy about the styling (her sameish hair/makeup mode didn’t work well on this occasion, a bit too weak and soft, needed to be sharper for such a strong sculptural look), Angelina was still a winner for me, the look is fresh, chic, modern, unique. Royal ladies (bride aside) looked lovely in their nice sweet gowns but none of those were truly spectacular or memorable, the only one that stood out to me was stylish Princess Charlene.

11. Fashion Guru June 10, 2013 at 20:59 #

I was almost sure that FC would have picked Victoria. Was pleasantly surprised that she went for Angelina — which is a more unique and memorable look. She owned it, which made it all the more appealing. This was a muy fashionable week!!

12. eleanorbvvv June 10, 2013 at 22:03 #

I don’t think you liked it beacusse it wasn’t black, I think it was just beacuse Angelina
    Jolie wore it.I find the shoes too matchy-matchy and the hair rather boring….

For me the best dressed was Princess Mette-Marit in Emilio Pucci.

13. Cole June 10, 2013 at 22:40 #

I like this dress but did not choose Angelina for BDOTW because I don’t think the color looks good on her. Had this been a more complimentary color, she would have been my first choice.

14. Kathy June 11, 2013 at 02:02 #

Well deserved. Even most of the royals couldn’t hold a candle to her this week.

15. Markness June 11, 2013 at 02:34 #

This is what we call “effortless.” I mean, minimal makeup and hair styling and just simple white pumps. The dress was tailored to perfection and those metallic things just gave it more edge. Love this! This has become #1 on my BDOTY. :)

16. EmmaWoodhouse June 14, 2013 at 16:18 #

Victoria was my pick, but Angie does look good.