10.06.13

Anna Kendrick In Donna Karan Atelier – 2013 Tony Awards

Anna Kendrick In Donna Karan Atelier - 2013 Tony Awards

Anna Kendrick stunned on the red carpet for the 2013 Tony Awards held at Radio City Music Hall in New York City on Sunday.

The actress looked gorgeous wearing a black-and-blue Donna Karan Atelier gown.

Her strapless black gown, which featured sheer inserts in the bodice, had a sweeping blue ruffle detail cascading to the hem of the train.

Anna styled her beautiful gown with an Edie Parker clutch and Amrapali jewels, which included a complementary sapphire-stone ring.

A chic updo and smoky eyes completed the look.

Despite this being in a fall hue, I adore the look. It’s a huge sidestep away from the twee dresses we’ve come to expect from Anna. I would go as far as to say this is one of her best looks.

Credit: Getty

Halle Berry's Helmut Lang Marled Pullover

Halle Berry’s Helmut Lang Marled Pullover

Patina Miller In Zac Posen - 2013 Tony Awards

Patina Miller In Zac Posen – 2013 Tony Awards

14 Responses to Anna Kendrick In Donna Karan Atelier – 2013 Tony Awards

1. Yeliz June 10, 2013 at 11:59 #

I absolutely love this stunning look. She looks fantastic. The fit of the gown and her styling are impeccable. Definitely one of Anna’s best looks and my favourite from this event.

• Leigh June 10, 2013 at 12:01 #

I agree! She looks gorgeous!

2. Alicat June 10, 2013 at 12:23 #

She looks stunning. The gown fits and flatters perfectly. This is a classy, beautifully styled look.

3. Christine June 10, 2013 at 12:26 #

Gorgeous.

4. Sophie June 10, 2013 at 12:26 #

I’m in love with her makeup

5. Fiona June 10, 2013 at 12:40 #

Definitely the best I think I can ever remember her looking – she looks amazing in this deep blue (so much better than the insipid pinks she normally insists on wearing). This fits like a dream and is just beautiful.

6. kane June 10, 2013 at 14:18 #

The sheerness in the bodice kills the dress for me, makes it overwrought. It would have been enough with the flowing dark blue on the black base. Having said that, the close up is gorgeous. She looks fabulous.

7. Moxie June 10, 2013 at 15:13 #

Stunning. One of my top 3 of the night, along with Patina and Bernadette.

8. Jolene June 10, 2013 at 17:08 #

It looks like two different dresses put together and the final result is not good.

9. Fashion Guru June 10, 2013 at 20:55 #

There’s something very romantic about this look. It’s the best she’s ever pulled off– its very mature in a good way and you have to take her seriously with this.

10. Nat39 June 10, 2013 at 20:57 #

Way too fall, and I don’t really like the way the bodice is constructed – a bit sloppy and cheap-looking.

11. KatieKate June 10, 2013 at 23:22 #

I agree with what some others have already expressed, in that, she looks beautiful–stunning, in fact. But–the bodice of that dress really doesn’t look quite right with the random sheer panel. That is a design issue, and not Anna’s fault, though, and I do think she nailed the look.

12. zoe June 11, 2013 at 14:21 #

this is the best anna has looked. she loves wearing nude dresses but this deep navy blue dress makes her look absolutely amazing! she should stick to rich colors like this with the occasional nude dress sprinkled in.

13. EmmaWoodhouse June 14, 2013 at 15:45 #

Ugh, if only that ugly sheer insert were removed! Apart from that this is gorgeous–dramatic, unexpected, elegant. Love her styling too.