09.06.13 Premiere

Mia Wasikowska In Miu Miu – ‘Stoker’ Sydney Premiere

Mia Wasikowska In Miu Miu - 'Stoker; Sydney Premiere

Mia Wasikowska was back home in Australia to attend the premiere of her latest movie, ‘Stoker’, during the 2013 Sydney Film Festival, held at the State Theatre in Sydney on Friday.

The actress opted for a simple look, wearing a black Miu Miu dress with an embellished collar and nipped in waist.

While I don’t find the dress particularly exciting, it is a very cute look for Mia; my main issue is the tights, which are then styled with black pumps.

The overall look is too moody and heavy. Just removing the tights would’ve lifted this look.

Credit: Getty

Lea Michele In Valentino - 12th Annual Chrysalis Butterfly Ball

Lea Michele In Valentino – 12th Annual Chrysalis Butterfly Ball

Blanca Suarez In Emilio Pucci - 'I'm So Excited' New York Screening

Blanca Suarez In Emilio Pucci – ‘I’m So Excited’ New York Screening

14 Responses to Mia Wasikowska In Miu Miu – ‘Stoker’ Sydney Premiere

1. Alina June 9, 2013 at 17:35 #

2. Yeliz June 9, 2013 at 17:45 #

I would say that this is not season appropriate, but since she is in Sydney, I guess it would be wrong to say that. Still this is a boring look nonetheless and I feel like she had worn a similar dress with the same styling before.

3. Rosanna June 9, 2013 at 18:00 #

Her hair si making me sad. Dress is fine imo.

4. Marybeth June 9, 2013 at 18:36 #

I really like the dress but agree that the tights and black pumps kill it. With so many great black-and-gold shoes out there, you’d think she could find a pair. Even simple black sandals would have been soooooo much nicer.

I just don’t understand the little girl hair.

5. Kennedy June 9, 2013 at 18:54 #

After seeing Stoker, I’m convinced Ms. Mia should stick with a dark brown hue hair color and no bangs. She looked beautiful in the film. Not so much on the red carpet these days.

6. Nat39 June 9, 2013 at 21:15 #

She’s done this twee/school girl look with awfully heavy black tights/pumps combo, it’s not good and certainly isn’t working for her, the hair is really bad, she just doesn’t look good.

7. Christine June 9, 2013 at 21:18 #

I am officially tired of her same boring style.

8. june June 10, 2013 at 00:32 #

it’s just the start of winter here but we’ve had freezing cold weather since late april. i don’t blame her for the tights, even if i do agree that it would be a better look without.

9. Dhppy June 10, 2013 at 01:57 #

With the exception of her “Lawless” photocall in Cannes last year, Wasikowska looks sad and dejected in Prada/Miu Miu. She should try more J Mendel.

10. Ai June 10, 2013 at 05:01 #

She’s probably one of the best younger actress out there and while I admire her doing her own styling, I wish she would work with a stylist. Yes, I’m usually a short hair fan but she looks so much better with longer hair.

11. Alicat June 10, 2013 at 09:25 #

I would describe her style as “nerdy schoolgirl”. The neck hugging Peter Pan collar, the boring black dress of an uncertain length, the leg thickening tights which merge into the nondescript shoes. Then there is the childish hairstyle. I may sound harsh but this is a movie premiere. She definitely needs the advice of a professional stylist to elevate her look and presence.

12. mg June 10, 2013 at 11:06 #

I feel like she wor the exact same outfit with exact same hair before…

13. Emmy June 11, 2013 at 07:42 #

I agree with June. It’s winter here in Australia and while we may not get as cold as New York or Europe, Sydney in winter is generally pretty cold, windy and wet. Cute dress.

14. EmmaWoodhouse June 14, 2013 at 14:57 #

She always looks like a dour little schoolgirl. Not sure who thought that hairstyle was a good idea–on her or anyone over the age of 5.