06.06.13

Rihanna In Chanel & Azzedine Alaia – Out In Paris

Rihanna In Chanel & Alaia

While in Paris, France, Rihanna didn’t shirk her boundaries-pushing sartorial sensibility. Always the hair chameleon, she showed off a honey hue with the requisite dark roots, as she trotted out two daring, rebellious looks that no doubt kept the City of Light on its toes.

L’Avenue Restaurant: On Tuesday, the Barbadian beauty had a top-to-toe Chanel moment—one that Coco Chanel herself could probably never have fathomed—at the prestigious eatery. Rather appropriately, she also toured Coco’s Parisian apartment. The bandeau top, high-waisted tennis skirt and blazer oozed of RiRi’s unique style. To the all-white ensemble, she added a hodgepodge of double Cs, including lapel brooches, a chain necklace, a major cuff, and funky round sunnies. The clunky, gold creeper sneakers from Chanel’s Resort 2013 collection finished out the look. It was glam-grunge at its finest, but was it too much to swallow?

Azzedine Alaïa Dinner: The songstress continued her rambunctious style, this time in an all-out Azzedine Alaïa look at a dinner for the designer. The skintight, velvet maroon catsuit brought RiRi’s curves to the party, and the deep V-neck showed off her Isis tattoo. She indulged in massive accessories, from her pile of door-knocker, tasseled necklaces to a wild python clutch that was large and in charge. More impact came with black suede circle sandals and a matte oxblood lip. After all, ‘over-the-top’ has never been part of Rihanna’s vocabulary.

LS0552680005_1

You can buy Rihanna’s Azzedine Alaïa sandals in Bordeaux from BrownsFashion.com.

Amma Asante In Jacques Azagury - 'Belle' London Premiere

Amma Asante In Jacques Azagury – ‘Belle’ London Premiere

On The 'Kroll Show' Set With Katy Perry In Hervé Léger By Max Azria

On The ‘Kroll Show’ Set With Katy Perry In Hervé Léger By Max Azria

16 Responses to Rihanna In Chanel & Azzedine Alaia – Out In Paris

1. AnderBoBo June 6, 2013 at 01:10 #

Not loving this hair shade, but I’m sure it won’t last longer than 5 minutes. Do love both outfits though, I think only RiRi could rock a velvet catsuit.

2. NooG June 6, 2013 at 01:41 #

NO to the hair and the Chanel look. Coco must be rollin’ in her grave knowing her brand is being used for the first look. The velvet suit, however, does work in a weird way. Either way, not my favorite looks from RiRi.

• admmgz June 6, 2013 at 16:34 #

3. Beth Rodrigues June 6, 2013 at 01:44 #

If you can’t show yourself in Paris..where else?

4. Prudence June 6, 2013 at 04:42 #

she is selling it all to me I am loving it!!!! She needs to help her fellow pop star Rita with some advice on how to look hip without heading to hotmess-city. NOW, I have to say I am terribly sad she is bringing back that horrendous hair, if you want to be blond then you go all the way and dye your roots too!!

5. Valeria June 6, 2013 at 05:48 #

Gabrielle Chanel indeed must be rolling in her grave, the fits outfit is wrong on so many levels. Don’t like the hair shade -catsuit combo, I think it would work well with her dark crop, but orangey hair made look cheap. Alaïa sandals is the only thing I like here

• justme June 6, 2013 at 06:46 #

Same. Those shoes are gorgeous and that’s it.

6. julyol1972 June 6, 2013 at 07:47 #

I don’t get why two commenters have stated that Coco Chanel would be rolling in her grave, I think Rihanna looks great. Granted, she maybe should have taken taken of one item before walking out the house per Coco’s suggestion, but that is a minor quibble. Rita Ora has worn Chanel on several occasions and looked terrible, yet nowhere did I read anyone talk about “…rolling over in her grave”. Why is it directed at Rihanna?

Anyhoo, I’m loving both looks, even with the hair (which is not my favourite) – I agree that her pixie cut would have been perfect.

7. Yeliz June 6, 2013 at 08:19 #

The only thing I like here are the sandals from the second look. I dislike everything else.

• dee June 6, 2013 at 13:16 #

8. Alicat June 6, 2013 at 09:14 #

I cannot get past the hair. It looks like a home bleaching job. Awful colour and looks dreadful with her skin tone.

9. manja June 6, 2013 at 10:51 #

hate the hair,like the 2nd look,1st only like the blazer,everything else too much tenis like

10. Christine June 6, 2013 at 16:11 #

I like her second look.

11. Zahira June 6, 2013 at 17:33 #

The first look is so okay for me, but I have a problem with the sandals she is wearing with, I wish I see her on high heels sandals/back open pump. Second look, the shoes is gorgeous.

12. Beta June 10, 2013 at 14:21 #

Im usually a fan of minimalism and classy ladylike looks (à la Kerry Washington) but for young & fun & pushing boundaries I love Riri’s style.
    WAY better than rita ora or lady gaga

13. EmmaWoodhouse June 13, 2013 at 12:51 #

So much tacky. I can’t even.