Kristen Bell In Zuhair Murad – 2013 CMT Music Awards

Kristen Bell In Zuhair Murad - 2013 CMT Music Awards

The 2013 CMT Music Awards held at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee on Wednesday evening marked the first red carpet appearance for Kristen Bell since giving birth to her daughter Lincoln in March.

The actress was keen to show off her post-baby body, wearing a Zuhair Murad Pre-Fall 2013 sleeveless black leather embroidered dress which nipped in her waist – rounding out a trio of Lebanese designers selected by the attendees at this event.

While this is a great “look how I got my figure back” dress, I would’ve loved to have seen more colour from the usually pretty-pastel-frock-wearing starlet.

More inspiring shoes other than the Christian Louboutin ‘Pigalle’ pumps she selected could’ve saved the look.

Credit: Zuhair Murad & Getty

Jennifer Nettles In Halston Heritage, Max Mara & Katharine Kidd - 2014 CMT Music Awards

Jennifer Nettles In Halston Heritage, Max Mara & Katharine Kidd – 2014 CMT Music Awards

Milla Jovovich In Armani Privé - Giorgio Armani Hosts 'One Night Only' Roma

Milla Jovovich In Armani Privé – Giorgio Armani Hosts ‘One Night Only’ Roma

13 Responses to Kristen Bell In Zuhair Murad – 2013 CMT Music Awards

1. Yeliz June 6, 2013 at 12:16 #

I would’ve loved a pop of colour via different shoes. She looks beautiful from the ankles up.

2. AW June 6, 2013 at 12:27 #

While I would’ve appreciated more interesting shoes, she has AMAZING legs and this is the first time I’ve ever noticed.

I think a sassy ponytail could’ve helped this look.

• admmgz June 6, 2013 at 14:36 #

• mattison June 6, 2013 at 15:35 #

+2 A ponytail and a swipe of red lipstick would have really elevated this look for me.

3. Denise June 6, 2013 at 12:32 #

I think this look is flattering from the knee and up.

• Christine June 6, 2013 at 14:26 #

4. Rashmi June 6, 2013 at 13:19 #

She is looking beautiful! A single pop of color would have made it perfect!

5. dee June 6, 2013 at 13:39 #

I don’t think she needs a single pop of color. I like this as is.

6. Nat39 June 6, 2013 at 18:43 #

The skirt doesn’t flatter her, the shoe choice is boring, the hair is bad. It’s a miss.

7. Mel June 6, 2013 at 21:25 #

She looks amazing from the knees up. I’ve checked her tag, and whoa, what did motherhood DO to her legs? :(

8. Chi June 7, 2013 at 11:03 #

I love Kristen Bell – so it pains me to say this; but this is so try-hard – she is NOT a Victoria Secret Model/show-off who needed to pour herself into this unflattering dress to show the world how hot – post baby – she is. There are many beautiful dresses that will show off that baby weight she’s lost & fabulous curves she gained.

9. Emma June 8, 2013 at 13:14 #

I don’t mind this look at all. The thing that gets me is that it is evidently a size too small. I understand these women are pressured to bounce back within weeks, but I really think a bigger size could have done wonders for her. It wouldn’t have cheapened the look of the fabric over her ribs and waist.

Otherwise though, I like the all black. If she had gone with a coloured shoe, she may have made the look too cutesy.

10. EmmaWoodhouse June 13, 2013 at 13:41 #

I find this kind of leather dress unpleasant. It doesn’t really flatter Kristen either; it just restricts her. And it’s so dull black.