04.06.13

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge in Jenny Packham – 60th Anniversary of the Queen's Coronation

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge attended a service this afternoon at Westminster Abbey honouring the 60th Coronation of the Queen

For the occasion, the lovely royal stayed within her comfort zone of wearing muted colours, with a high-waisted daisy lace gown covering her baby bump and a soft peach silk, shantung Jenny Packham jacket.

There is a reason Jenny Packham is one of Catherine’s favorite designers, and it’s because the British designer’s looks always work very well for the future queen.

A veiled fascinator, shoes and clutch finish out her monochromatic look. Not exciting, but perfectly lovely.

While I love it when Catherine embraces colour, this certainly wasn’t the occasion to be flashy, and no one knows decorum better than Kate.

Credit: Getty & FameFlynet

Gwen Stefani's Alexander McQueen 'Heroine'  Bag

Gwen Stefani’s Alexander McQueen ‘Heroine’ Bag

Emma Watson In Roland Mouret – ‘This is the End’ LA Premiere

Emma Watson In Roland Mouret – ‘This is the End’ LA Premiere

13 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Jenny Packham – 60th Anniversary of the Queen’s Coronation

1. Lee Ann June 4, 2013 at 14:20 #

there is a fine line between maintaining decorum and being dull. She succeeds in crossing it everytime. The shoes add a picante of naffness.

2. elaine2 June 4, 2013 at 15:22 #

decorum? I guess you haven’t seen the photos of her getting out of the car………LOL.

The dress is horrible. It looks like a sack with a drawstring under the bust. I could sew a better maternity dress than that – and I’m not a high paid designer.

3. Moxie June 4, 2013 at 15:39 #

I know maternity fashion isn’t the most stylish, but it looks like a potato sack with an elastic waist band.

4. Yeliz June 4, 2013 at 16:05 #

I think she looks very lovely.

5. Anj June 4, 2013 at 16:33 #

I like this look. But I have to honestly ask…why does she never wear pants/slacks?

6. priya June 4, 2013 at 16:43 #

I love her hat. The dress is OK if a little short and kind of shapeless,and the coat is unremarkable. But at least the coat is well tailored unlike emilia wickstead- cannot understans why anyone would chosse her!
    Will on the other hand is wearing a very well fitted suit which is a treat- usuallu his suits are so loose and stodgy.He looks good.

7. Kyriaki - Cyprus June 4, 2013 at 21:56 #

It’s obvious that she prefers loose clothes for her baby bump instead of tight ones. I definitely prefer it if you ask me being a royal and all! There are no rules to this thing. She looks comfortable in her clothes and that’s the most important thing, especially in this stage of her pregnancy. I’ve said it before. Her smile is her best asset. She is so sweet.

• Elaine2 June 5, 2013 at 02:39 #

Her smile is “sweet”??? Are you joking? She looks like a mannequin during these sorts of events. But getting back to fashion, this woman does not have a classy wardrobe for maternity-wear, she just looks cheap (in more ways than one). Honestly, I’m looking forward to her seclusion after she gives birth. She is no fashion icon, IMO……… and I don’t care that she is the future queen of the UK. Kate needs to change her public persona if she wants to get any respect from someone like me who values great fashion AND public service.

• Lee Ann June 5, 2013 at 11:53 #

+++++++1

• kiwi June 5, 2013 at 12:12 #

Cheap?????????? Dull sometimes but certainly not cheap and not like a mannequin… has a genuine, lovely smile.

8. Christine June 4, 2013 at 22:00 #

Nice

9. Dhppy June 5, 2013 at 08:46 #

Normally, I’d write this off as a little “ho hum”, but since she’s about 8 months pregnant, I think she looks beyond impressive.

10. EmmaWoodhouse June 12, 2013 at 04:11 #

I like her in more color, but she looks cute.