Best Dressed Of The Week  - Angelina Jolie In Saint Laurent & Florence Welch In Gucci

Angelina Jolie in Saint Laurent was your best dressed this week.

While some might say this was a sympathy vote, I would strongly disagree, saying that while this is yet another black dress from Ange, it was a sexy, statement-making look and one of her finest all-black looks to date.

I opted for Florence Welch in Gucci. Yes, the look might feel a tad familiar; however, I was captivated by the colour, her stage presence and the billowing effect of the cape, plus she was by far the best dressed at the ‘Chime For Change: The Sound Of Change Live’ Concert.

Check back later this evening for live coverage of the CFDA Fashion Awards 2013.

Credit: Getty

Rita Ora In Alexandre Vauthier - ‘Chime For Change: The Sound Of Change Live’ Media Room

Rita Ora In Alexandre Vauthier – ‘Chime For Change: The Sound Of Change Live’ Media Room

Angelina Jolie In Saint Laurent - 'World War Z' Paris Premiere

Angelina Jolie In Saint Laurent – ‘World War Z’ Paris Premiere

11 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Angelina Jolie In Saint Laurent & Florence Welch In Gucci

1. Anj June 3, 2013 at 19:05 #

Florence’s outfit was the best. I don’t understand why people chose Angelina’s outfit. It’s absolutely boring.

2. Ainee June 3, 2013 at 19:12 #

angelina does this all the time, wears this exact sort of outfit. it is definitely a sympathy vote but she could use it.

• Fashion Guru June 3, 2013 at 21:09 #

20 bucks says such Angie doesn’t give a hoot. :)

3. Yeliz June 3, 2013 at 19:13 #

Florence was one of my favourites last week as well. The whole look is just divine.

4. Marybeth June 3, 2013 at 21:58 #

Neither one of these was my personal favorite but I like both looks very much.

Does anyone else wish Florence had worn this at Cannes? I can see her gliding down the red carpet right now!

• Denise June 4, 2013 at 06:54 #

Yes but she didn’t. She won worst dressed in Cannes, and she has worn dresses like this one to perform a lot of times.
      Angie was beautiful, sexy, classy and made a HUGE statement by appearing looking so awesome.

5. kane June 4, 2013 at 04:05 #

I had voted for Heather, but I can live with both these choices.

6. amy June 4, 2013 at 11:32 #

Florence’s outfit was my pick. Angie looks good but not great.

7. Nat39 June 4, 2013 at 18:21 #

I got a strong imression that it was a clear ‘voting for the wearer’ case in Angie’s case as there was nothing that special about it, she had much more exciting looks in the past, and somehow Florence’s look didn’t register strongly with me, maybe b/c we’ve seen way too many flowy billowing gowns from her. There were looks last week that were a bit more special imo.

• Nat39 June 4, 2013 at 21:25 #

…I did like Angie’s look, it’s certainly a nice understated sexy look for her, I just didn’t think it was that special winning look, and whether it’s admiration for her or sympathy certainly played their part, the response to this ‘nothing new’ look was a bit ott in my opinion.

8. EmmaWoodhouse June 11, 2013 at 18:37 #

Florence was one of my picks. What a color.