Who Wore Roberto Cavalli Better…Jennifer Hudson or Aishwarya Rai

Who Wore Roberto Cavalli Better Jennifer Hudson or Aishwarya Rai

On the night of the Oscars Jennifer Hudson wore this gorgeous Roberto Cavalli blue sequin gown, which she styled with a complementary sequin Jimmy Choo clutch, Sutra earrings and bright-blue Giuseppe Zanotti platform peep-toes.

Indian actress Aishwarya Rai wore the same gown to the 2013 Life Ball in Vienna on Saturday, opting not to focus on the central slit.

She styled her look with just black pumps and a few subtle jewels.

For keeping the blue theme going and adding a touch of pizzazz to her look, Jennifer wins for me.

Credit: Courtesy of Roberto Cavalli & Getty

Brit Marling In L'Wren Scott - 'The East' Brooklyn Screening

Brit Marling In L’Wren Scott – ‘The East’ Brooklyn Screening

'After Earth' New York Premiere

‘After Earth’ New York Premiere

20 Responses to Who Wore Roberto Cavalli Better…Jennifer Hudson or Aishwarya Rai

1. Charlotte May 30, 2013 at 09:49 #

Aishwarya Rai wins for me. I don’t like Jennifer’s hair and the obvious split. Aishwarya Rai is beautiful and chic.

• Yeliz May 30, 2013 at 11:16 #

Aishwarya wins for me because of the same reasons too. I also don’t like Jennifer’s shoes.

• Zee May 30, 2013 at 11:56 #

Aishwarya too, because Jen’s pumps look uber-cheap.

• dee May 30, 2013 at 14:04 #

Totally agree.

2. Joy May 30, 2013 at 10:01 #

This dress looks amazing on Aishwarya!!! Cavalli can make a sexy dress! Jennifer looks a little drag queenish with her hair and shoes. The fit through the hips and slit looks a little weird too.

3. Alicat May 30, 2013 at 10:07 #

The blue of Jennifer Hudson’s shoes is too bright when compared with the dress. That together with the overly long, straight hairstyle and central split, cheapen the dress. Aishwarya Rai looks magnificent. It is amazing how beautiful styling and an elegant deneanour can totally transform a dress.

• admmgz May 30, 2013 at 15:24 #

ITA!

4. Lashae May 30, 2013 at 10:22 #

Aishwarya Rai all the way. From her hair to how it fits on her are on point. Jennifer hair terrible and her shoes don’t do it for me.

5. Sherrie Golden May 30, 2013 at 10:50 #

Aishwarya fits the dress better.

6. snowlion May 30, 2013 at 10:52 #

Aishwarya by a mile, it’s the hair, the make up and the curves. She looks so beautiful. I really dislike Jennifer’s shoes, hair and the leg pushed out the split.

7. Sabreena May 30, 2013 at 10:57 #

Nope.I disagree.Its Aishwarya Rai all the way for me.She’s working the hell out of this dress.Love how the dress fits on her curvaceous body.And absolutely, love her hair!

And I hate Jennifer’s hair.It looks terrible!

8. Nat May 30, 2013 at 11:02 #

Jennifer’s hair and shoes give a Las Vegas showgirl vibe which I find terrible, so Aishwara easily wins.

9. Kim May 30, 2013 at 13:18 #

Aishwarya all the way!!

10. Marybeth May 30, 2013 at 15:04 #

Aishwarya by a mile. This is a BDOTW look for me. Sparkly and sexy while classy and feminine. Absolutely gorgeous.

I don’t agree that Jennifer looks bad, however. Except for the clunkiness of the shoes, I think she looks good, just not anywhere near the same artistic level as Aishwarya.

11. MissCru May 30, 2013 at 15:05 #

We can see the two sides of Cavalli in one single gown. Super elegant and sexy on Aishwarya but super tacky and cheap on Jennifer.

12. Ariel May 31, 2013 at 10:52 #

Aishwarya is a Queen. Jennifer looks like a cheap transvestite.

13. Parvati June 2, 2013 at 03:21 #

Aishwarya wins for me. What I really disliked on Jennifer’s look were the blue shoes – they were supposed to match the gown, but that blue is completely different from the blue colour of the gown and it ends up bothering me. Plus, Aishwarya’s hair and make-up are perfect!

14. EmmaWoodhouse June 4, 2013 at 17:06 #

Aishwarya for me, she looks so much more elegant, I prefer her hair, and the slit isn’t obvious.

15. dolly June 4, 2013 at 20:56 #

Aishwarya definitely !!

Jennifer is too skinny

16. raul brammin May 23, 2014 at 10:34 #

Once again a no brainer! Although styling has nothing to do with looks, the face is what people see first ! Aishwarya has used amazing makeup great hairstyle, and then moving to the body although she is a bit overweight seems to know how to manoeuvre the dress to make her look curvy. So she covers her flaw

Jennifer- Its tough because almost everything is a flaw and she does not know how to cover any. The Hair is awful, the face is not so beautiful probably coz she has lost way too much weight too fast thereby losing the youthful charm, the body is way too skinny for the outfit plus she lacks curves . The clutch and the shoes – jesus the contrast of the two blues looks kind of hideous !

She has totally not helped making this outfit look good here