BDOTW Nicole & Jessica

Nicole Kidman was your clear winner for Best Dressed this week, wearing a Valentino Couture gown during Cannes Film Festival.

It was just one of many gowns worn by the Australian actress which swept us off our feet during the 12-day festival.

My pick was Jessica Chastain in Givenchy Couture. It was such an unexpected, bold choice for the usually reserved star. On a post of mostly neutral-coloured gowns, she really stood out.

BDOTW Men Tom & Jeremy

When it comes to men, our choices also greatly differed. You opted for the charming Tom Hiddleston in Alexander McQueen, while I selected Jeremy Renner in Lanvin.

While there isn’t much between them, for me the satin lapels and white pocket square added that much more refinement to Jeremy’s look to help me with my choice.

Credit: Getty

Jessica Alba's Bionda Castana 'Christa' Booties

Jessica Alba’s Bionda Castana ‘Christa’ Booties

Heather Graham In Black Halo - The Graham Norton Show

Heather Graham In Black Halo – The Graham Norton Show

17 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Nicole Kidman In Valentino Couture and Jesscia Chastain In Givenchy Couture

1. CreoleLady May 28, 2013 at 11:51 #

It’s been a long time since my choices were the same as the Critic’s Choice. I’m inordinately pleased, lol. In any event, that rhapsody in purple is the third Chastain look on my BDOTY contender list.

2. naomie May 28, 2013 at 11:59 #

My choice was Jessica Chastain as well, as it really was so refreshing after seeing so many pale, flowy, princess dresses.

• naomie May 28, 2013 at 12:02 #

Oh, but my real choice would be Tilda’s golden suit by Haider Ackermann, of course!
      Bold and fashion-forward style from head to toe.

3. Tiger Nueng May 28, 2013 at 13:19 #

Both Dior and Valentino of NICOLE KIDMAN really made me hesitate that which one is BDOTY worthy ’cause both look really amazing!

4. Milla B. May 28, 2013 at 13:58 #

Jessica Chastain in Givenchy Couture is in my BDOTY list. I loved her look here. H2T. Yes, I loved the hair too.

5. Colleen May 28, 2013 at 14:26 #

That Valentino Couture gown on Nicole Kidman is just stunning. I wonder what Anne Hathaway is thinking right now?

I also love the Givenchy Couture Jessica Chastain is wearing – but my one nit-pick is I wish she had worn earrings – the look feels unfinished to me. I find that I love most of her looks, but I always feel like there is something missing – a lack of jewelry, especially earrings. I don’t even mind that she never (hardly ever) carries a clutch.

• kane May 28, 2013 at 14:53 #

Can we please stop all these references to Anne when it comes to ‘that’ dress? What she must be feeling, that she’s probably kicking herself right now etc etc. I’m sure she knows that the dress she ultimately wore wasn’t playing quite in the same league as this one (and I’m not even a fan of either). She didn’t choose the other dress because it looked so much nicer, but because for whatever reason (the official one that was given or something else) she didn’t want to look too similar to somebody else on the red carpet. Even without Nicole Kidman showcasing it we all know which dress would have been a more successful look for her winning an Oscar.

• kane May 28, 2013 at 14:55 #

I’m sorry if this comes off as harsh. I certainly don’t mean you, Colleen, personally or to offend generally. The joke’s just getting really old.

• Fashion Guru May 29, 2013 at 06:05 #

LOL. You are so dramatic!

• Fashion Guru May 29, 2013 at 06:06 #

LOL. You are so dramatic! Is this Anne Hathaway?

6. EmmaWoodhouse May 28, 2013 at 14:59 #

Nicole and Tom were my picks!!! My choices almost never win so that’s very fun. Jessica and Jeremy were among my runners-up as they looked absolutely fab as well.
    P.S. Both the guys starred in Avengers :)

7. Kathy May 28, 2013 at 18:27 #

I thought that Jessica’s gown made her look shorter than she actually is. While I loved the design and the embellishments, it was not very flattering.

8. Nat39 May 28, 2013 at 20:27 #

Jessica was the only true knockout. Striking gown, and it was stunning with her curves and fair complexion, and her messy ponytail worked perfectly with the look. She was a h2t winner.

9. Fashion Guru May 29, 2013 at 06:12 #

A sleeker bun or ponytail would have elevated Jessica’s ensemble. The embellishments make this A LOT OF LOOK for such a dainty girl.

And it’s sad that these days, I associate Givenchy with cheesy pop-stars, aging socialites, and rap-stars’ baby mamas.

10. k6wing May 30, 2013 at 00:49 #

Nicole for sure. Not that Jessica looks bad but her gown makes her body look wider than she actually is.

11. Abhijit Saiprem June 17, 2013 at 13:25 #

Jessica Chastain looks stunning.

12. Abhijit Saiprem June 17, 2013 at 13:26 #

Jessica Chastain looks lovely.