Zhang Ziyi In Christian Dior - 'Zulu' Cannes Film Festival Premiere and Closing Ceremony

Zhang Ziyi graced the Palais des Festivals in France this evening for the ‘Zulu’ premiere and Closing Ceremony for the 2013 Cannes Film Festival.

The actress, who has had an amazing run during this festival, wore a Christian Dior Spring 2013 Couture dress for the occasion.

Wearing her hair down for the first time, the actress opted for her sexiest look yet, wearing a black sheer gown yellow and pink floral appliqué gown with a thigh-high slit.

She styled the look with black Christian Louboutin platform peep-toes and a single pink diamond Chanel Joaillerie earring.

Zhang has been a delight to watch during this festival, giving us a whole range of looks; instead of sticking to one note like her peer Fan Bingbing.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Zooey Deschanel's Zooey Deschanel for Tommy Hilfiger Sleeveless Contrast-Trim Belted Dress

Zooey Deschanel’s Zooey Deschanel for Tommy Hilfiger Sleeveless Contrast-Trim Belted Dress

Laetitia Casta In Christian Dior Couture - 'Zulu' Cannes Film Festival Premiere and Closing Ceremony

Laetitia Casta In Christian Dior Couture – ‘Zulu’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere and Closing Ceremony

28 Responses to Zhang Ziyi In Christian Dior Couture – ‘Zulu’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere and Closing Ceremony

1. Charlotte May 26, 2013 at 20:48 #

Ugly dress ! It looks cheap.
    She was so much better with her black dress on stage later.

2. Fashion Guru May 26, 2013 at 20:52 #

This is more like it. Her typical princess mode was getting sickening. Kudos to her for switching it up. This dress was hard to pull off. It’s looks chic and out-of-left field. I love it.

3. Nat39 May 26, 2013 at 20:53 #

I don’t like the gown at all, it’s indeed cheap-looking. Underwhelming look for Zhang.

• Prudence May 27, 2013 at 04:56 #

ITA. This is the first one of her looks that I genuinely dislike. So far all Dior wearing ladies have failed to leave me gasping, I think its time to retire Dior for a little bit.

• Ariel May 27, 2013 at 11:56 #

+ 10000
      Plus these awful chunky black shoes all Chinese celebrities are in love with.

4. Cass May 26, 2013 at 20:53 #

Are there any dresses left in this collection? Haven’t they all seen the red carpet?

5. Christine May 26, 2013 at 21:00 #

She is making the dress work. Otherwise a tired collection.

• Fashion Guru May 26, 2013 at 21:14 #

Amen to that my darling. This collection is like an overworked hooker! Dior be gone! Next!

• Christine May 26, 2013 at 21:41 #

LOL.

6. dunzoo May 26, 2013 at 21:14 #

I quite like the dress on the model, but it looks bad on Zhang Ziyi, it loses its romantic vibe and looks cheap and poorly done.

7. Yeliz May 26, 2013 at 21:17 #

I think she looks gorgeous, but I would’ve loved this more had the gown would’ve been lined. Her jewelry is stunning.
    She has had indeed an amazing run during the festival. She was one of my favourites, I loved all of her looks except for the opening ceremony look.

8. Pablo May 26, 2013 at 21:37 #

Only Zhang could make this lackluster dress work. That neon pink nails are a fabulous touch.

9. jo May 26, 2013 at 21:53 #

First Dior dress that I’ve liked in a very long time. She was amazing during this festival.

10. Marybeth May 26, 2013 at 21:57 #

“Zhang has been a delight to watch during this festival, giving us a whole range of looks; instead of sticking to one note….”

AMEN! She has been amazing!
    Even in the cases where I haven’t personally loved the dress or outfit she picked, she’s presented her looks beautifully.

In this case, I’m not crazy about this fussy neon-flowered dress, yet she makes the overall look work. I like it.

• Rashmi May 27, 2013 at 12:12 #

+1and AMEN to that too!

11. Dhppy May 26, 2013 at 22:13 #

I just don’t like this gown, the model or Ziyi.

• Dhppy May 27, 2013 at 09:32 #

Ha! I meant to write I don’t like the gown “on the model or Ziyi”. Missing the “on” changes the sentiment entirely.

12. Kathy May 26, 2013 at 22:14 #

I love it! This isn’t an easy dress to wear (granted, most of the collection isn’t easy to wear) because it veers so close to tacky-costume territory, but Ziyi does make it work. She didn’t overstyle, and just let the dress speak for itself. I think it’s very whimsical, but her hair and makeup make it tasteful and elegant.

13. Aline May 26, 2013 at 22:39 #

She wears it a thousand times better than the model! She’s totally working it! Love her hair and earrings.

14. kane May 26, 2013 at 23:08 #

At least it’s not Elie Saab! Again! I didn’t like this dress as much as the one Laetitia had to ruin, but it feels fresh to me. Cannot compare to her Carolina Herrera look (“The Bling Ring” premiere) by far and even the shortened Giambattista Valli (“Un Certain Regard” jury photocall).

15. CreoleLady May 26, 2013 at 23:54 #

Zhang Ziyi has blown me away with the variety and creativity of her looks. Totally unexpected. Even here, she elevates a questionable dress into something I quite enjoy. She has certainly come into her own on the red carpet.

• KatieKate May 28, 2013 at 04:31 #

+1 totally agree!

• Jess2 May 30, 2013 at 14:04 #

+2, couldn’t agree more!

16. Alicat May 27, 2013 at 01:28 #

There have been a few gowns with busy, floral prints at Cannes and I have not liked any of them. I guess my dislike is more personal taste than anything. However this gown is not form fitting enough too flatter. In fact, the looseness verges on matronly.

17. EmmaWoodhouse May 27, 2013 at 15:48 #

I loved many of Zhang’s looks this festival, but this, like her first Dior, falls more than flat for me. The neon pink and yellow appliques are hideous, and the rest of the dress is ill-fitted and sheer. Just a no.

18. m May 27, 2013 at 17:13 #

i m bored by her style choices.. looks like shes trying too hard..

19. june4 May 28, 2013 at 05:15 #

too sluty like a hooker (shhh… that’s a national secret)

20. dee May 28, 2013 at 13:39 #