Nicole Kidman In Giorgio Armani - 'Zulu' Cannes Film Festival Premiere and Closing Ceremony

Channelling her inner Grace Kelly, Nicole Kidman was perfection personified on the red carpet this evening at the Palais des Festivals in France for the ‘Zulu’ premiere and Closing Ceremony for the 2013 Cannes Film Festival.

The actress looked ever so regal wearing a Giorgio Armani custom made bustier white silk cady gown with a v-neckline and gold Swarovski crystal bow detail sweeping across the bodice, which she styled with Harry Winston jewels.

Just when we thought we’d picked her best gown from the festival, this one sends us back to the drawing board to rearrange the order.

Last night she sported a cinnamon bun swirling braided updo, tonight the look almost resembled a matted dreadlocks with a red lip colour completing her look.

Do you have your order sorted? Where does this look rank for Nicole’s 2013 Cannes Film Festival red carpet looks?

Credit: Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Zhang Ziyi In Elie Saab - ‘Zulu’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere and Closing Ceremony

Zhang Ziyi In Elie Saab – ‘Zulu’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere and Closing Ceremony

62 Responses to Nicole Kidman In Giorgio Armani – ‘Zulu’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere and Closing Ceremony

1. Pablo May 26, 2013 at 21:46 #

This has been outstanding! I have no clue how I’m going to pick a favorite!

Well done Nicole, awesome festival!

ps- this is what custom should look like! exclusive and glove fitting!

• Fashion Guru May 27, 2013 at 02:41 #

Yes! It looks like they stitched her into this dress!

2. Christine May 26, 2013 at 21:50 #

I was hoping she closed the festival with a “wow worthy”” gown. A go big or go home look. She looks stunning nonetheless. But a bit underwhelmed.

• Samuel May 27, 2013 at 11:08 #

Im with you Christine…I almost wish that she had worn the Valentino gown last and left with a bigger moment. This is stunning none the less!

3. Fanny May 26, 2013 at 21:51 #

My god she’s tall! The dress is certainly beautiful and I specially like her hairdo, but I still prefer her Valentino dress over this, just beacause it seemed a more “one-of-a-kind”-dress.

4. Tooba May 26, 2013 at 21:52 #

i have always loved Nicole,but this year’s cannes festival has taken my obsession with her style to an entirely new level!

5. Papiki May 26, 2013 at 21:52 #

Très elegant! Regal beauty!

• Fiona-Brasil May 26, 2013 at 23:15 #

6. Nat39 May 26, 2013 at 21:55 #

Of all the looks she wore at the festival, THIS is the look that suits her natural beauty and persona the most. Chic, refined, elegant, sophisticated, this is Nicole at her finest.

• Diana May 27, 2013 at 13:18 #

7. robbie May 26, 2013 at 22:01 #

she needs to attend cannes more often, she has been absolute perfection the whole event.

8. Dhppy May 26, 2013 at 22:02 #

I’ve actually never been a big Kidman fan (as far as fashion goes, as an actress, I think she’s very talented), however, she has turned my head a few times at this festival, and her decision to end her run at Cannes with such a minimalist designer as Armani shows such fashion confidence, it’s brilliant.

9. Fashion Guru May 26, 2013 at 22:02 #

Oh. My. God. Firt of all, I had a nagging feeling she would do Armani tonight. I am so glad she did not wear Saab as rumor had it at Cannes that she was saving Saab shows topper. I loved that she went the opposite direction. This is a what true movie star looks like on a night like this. Nicole is on a different fashion plain. This tun at Cannes has shifte her on a whole new stratosphere— where a Charlize, Cate, Gwyneth, Halle, Jennifer, Uma, or Fan are not even allowed in.

10. Fashion Guru May 26, 2013 at 22:03 #

Oh. My. God. First of all, I had a nagging feeling she would do Armani tonight. I am so glad she did not wear Saab as rumor had it at Cannes that she was saving Saab shows topper. I loved that she went the opposite direction. This is a what true movie star looks like on a night like this. Nicole is on a different fashion plain. This tun at Cannes has shifte her on a whole new stratosphere— where a Charlize, Cate, Gwyneth, Halle, Jennifer, Uma, or Fan are not even allowed in.

• Blush May 27, 2013 at 02:05 #

I disagree with you because Charlize and Cate in this gown would have been better and have been better. Kidman’s lips look messed up. Uma was amazing too in her silver gown.

• Fashion Guru May 27, 2013 at 02:39 #

Leave Nicole’s lips out of this.

• Prudence May 27, 2013 at 20:35 #

Cate would never have chosen something so boring, when she wears Armani she cannot be touched! When it comes to style in Hollywood, nobody has a more unique and yet elegant style than Cate. She never plays it safe but always looks incredible. The same could have been said about Nicole when she would just kill it in Gaultier and Chanel nowadays she is rather plain.

• Fashion Guru May 28, 2013 at 02:08 #

Actually, Cate would have not have looked as great in this dress as Nicole. For such a plain dress, Nicole gave it panache because of her frame and innate elegance. Cate may have chosen an edgier dress because that’s her style. Apples and oranges really — Cate IS one of my favorites. I agree with you though, Nicole needs more Gaultier in her life. There are 2 dresses in the 2013 couture collection that Nicole could have killed at Cannes!

• Ethan May 27, 2013 at 10:54 #

I am so gald that Nicole wears an Armani dress. She rarely wears Armani but I think Armani suits her very well. Hope she can wear more often, so tired of her L’wren scott dresses.

11. Yeliz May 26, 2013 at 22:13 #

LOVE it. This is so so so stunning and beautiful and enchanting. I think this is my favourite look of her during the festival. The gown looks so beautiful on her lean figure and her styling is impeccable.

I do have my order sorted now:

1. Giorgio Armani – Closing Ceremony
    2. Christian Dior – Opening Ceremony
    3. Valentino – ‘Nebraska’ Premiere
    4. L’Wren Scott – ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ Premiere
    5. Chanel – ‘La Venus a la Fourrure’ Premiere

She was one of the best dressed jury members ever.

12. Fashion Guru May 26, 2013 at 22:18 #

This cemented her throne as Best red Crpet Queen ever! Here’s my list:

1. The Valentino
    2. The Armani
    3. The Dior
    4. The Chanel
    5. The Lwren Scott – I will be okay if she never wears a Lwren gown ever.

• Blush May 27, 2013 at 02:12 #

I wouldn’t say she’s the best red carpet queen ever. Cate Blanchett has had more great moments. Kidman too often goes for white against her pale skin. Cate Blancett has mixed it up with brilliance. Remember her hummingbird dress? Or her yellow gown with the brown sash? Or the silver armani? Even when she was pregnant at Cannes she wore this great pink gown that was a knockout and better than all Kidman’s gowns.

• Fashion Guru May 27, 2013 at 02:23 #

Blush, I too, love Cate. But Nicole brings something else to her looks. I think Cate has better taste and her choices are phenomenal. But Nicole can elevate a mediocre dress by simply being herself. I think that intangible, mysterious thing is her incomparable star power. Never mind that Nicole is built like a model, models are forgettable. Nicole is a combination of many factors coming together. That’s what make her a true red carpet queen.

These are my favorite Nicole red carpet moments:

1. Chartreuse Goultier couture gown from the Oscars.

2. High/low YSL lavender dress from the Golden Globes (the one with the giant earrings!)

3. The red Balenciaga with the bow from the Oscars

4. The multi-colored Pucci print dress from previous Cannes.

5. The nude, sequined Tom Ford for Gucci gown she wore to the MET gala. The one with the long, sweeping earrings.

I love your Blanchett list. But I would put her best behind number 5 on Nicole’s list.

• ianthe May 27, 2013 at 04:15 #

@Fashion Guru that’s my faves, too! but I have to include that Dior couture (and that fantastic hairdo!) she wore at the Cannes opening ceremony somewhere on that list. And not to be forgotten her Balenciaga wedding gown, ughh I need to steal that for my walk down the aisle day in the near future.

• Fashio Guru May 27, 2013 at 20:53 #

Yes!!! I love her wedding dress! Ghesquierre pulled out all the stops with that one! Or how about the Tom Ford dress she picked up her Folden Globe in for Moulin Rouge! So sexy and very dominatrix!!!

13. Marybeth May 26, 2013 at 22:20 #

PERFECT. Just perfect.

I can’t say I prefer this to the Valentino — or the Valentino to this. All I can say is that I’m thrilled that she did BOTH looks.

14. The Cherry Tree May 26, 2013 at 22:34 #

She’s actually really stood out at this year’s festival. I agree that the hair could have been better (this style couldn’t decide whether it wanted to be sleek or messy, which is a shame) but other than that, she looks lovely.

15. kane May 26, 2013 at 22:39 #

Wow, stunning! I agree, it seems to suit her personality and brings the best out of her.

1. Giorgio Armani – “Zulu” Premiere and Closing Ceremony
    2. Christian Dior – “The Great Gatsby” Premiere & Opening Ceremony
    3. L’Wren Scott – “Inside Llewyn Davis” Premiere (close call, I loved the dress, but the jewelry did it in the end)
    4. Valentino Couture – “Nebraska” Festival Premiere

I didn’t like the Chanel.

• kane May 26, 2013 at 22:40 #

…she wore for the “La Venus a La Fourrure” Premiere

16. Kathy May 26, 2013 at 22:52 #

Wow. This is a perfect example of the wearer making the dress what it is. I mean, the dress is not particularly groundbreaking or extraordinary. It’s quite a simple design, actually. But Nicole’s stature, class and maturity (not necessarily in terms of age) truly bring it to life. She looks so regal because of who she is and how confident yet effortless she comes off as. Simply awesome in the most literal sense of the word.

17. sanya May 26, 2013 at 22:58 #

I think she is the Queens of Cannes Film Festival 2013. She looked amazing.

1. L’Wren Scott
    2. Armani
    3. Dior
    4. Valentino

• sanya May 26, 2013 at 23:08 #

Chanel is number five :)

18. Ramsay May 26, 2013 at 23:02 #

She ends it on a high note – with her favorite colour on the red carpet (white) in her favorite style (column) – however she wears Armani for the first time ever – same as she wore Valentino and Marchesa to Cannes for the first time ever – we cannot say she did not step out of her comfort zone at Cannes – whether going for volume at the opening or going for new designers – she even went back to Chanel for the first time in 6 or 7 years, putting an end of rumours of tension in that relationship – she ends her run as probably the best dressed juror ever (even though Diane did great last year, history will probably remember more Nicole because of her stature as a true global superstar)

19. Jennifer May 26, 2013 at 23:13 #

She has honestly looked like modern royalty throughout the entire festival. The Valentino look was the most literal and “classic” version of this idea, with the Grace Kelly inspired hairstyle, those earrings and that dramatic yet oh-so-classy gown, but the way she’s played with silhouettes and fabrics, while always staying true to herself, and never really sticking with an exact “look” or hairstyle (btw, her hair has been BRILLIANT, almost like mini works of art) just gave her an untouchable, etherial air that no one else this year was able to achieve. When she wasn’t on the carpet, I really missed her. I’m sure others did as well.

I know Diane was amazing last year, and nothing will ever take away from that, but in terms of regality and looking like a sleek movie star/fashion icon (and never overdoing it…so many think that wearing a gigantic gown/tons of jewels is the ONLY thing you can wear to Cannes), Nicole was indeed one of the best dressed jury members I’ve ever seen at this festival. Perfection. Picking a favorite will be next to impossible for me.

If I sound as if I’m being overly gushy, it’s because I am. She deserves it.

20. Nat May 26, 2013 at 23:40 #

Not loving the back of the hair, but YES to the front view! She looks so much better with softer hairstyles rather than with tight buns/supersleak hair.

As for the dress, it’s another hit for her: this festival is the best she has looked in years. Very regal, very Princess Grace.
    My order would be:
    1 Valentino
    2 Dior
    3 Armani
    4 Chanel
    5 lwren

• kane May 27, 2013 at 00:10 #

Oh yes, you are right about the back of her head… I guess never judge a look by its front view. This changes things, hmmmm

• Ev May 27, 2013 at 03:36 #

I totally agree about the hair. It is beautiful from the front, but the bun is too big from the back.

21. Fiona May 27, 2013 at 00:32 #

Beautiful – I love her hair, she has such amazing hair and she has obviously made a conscious decision to have her hair styled elaborately for each look. The gown is so simple and almost severe, the romantic updo balances it for me. It softens her face and makes her look ethereal and still super modern. She shuts down the red carpet every time for me. She has reigned supreme.

22. Alicat May 27, 2013 at 01:10 #

She is so statuesque and looks amazing in this column dress. The soft, messy hair is a perfect foil to the chic simplicity of the gown. I also agree that softer hair styles suit her more. Her gowns have been consistently outstanding at Cannes, and each time they have been styled to perfection with beautiful makeup and hair.

23. Pri May 27, 2013 at 01:20 #

I must say:
    Intl. Red Carpet Nicole>>US Red Carpet Nicole

And that’s co-juror Vidya Balan in Sabyasachi right beside Nicole in the first pic. You must see her in the Bollywood film “Kahaani”, amazing movie.

24. MaddyEliza May 27, 2013 at 01:46 #

I love this look, but at the same time, it’s a teensy bit underwhelming for the closing ceremony at Cannes. Oh well, it’s still incredibly beautiful and elegant.

My ranking for Nicole’s Cannes looks:
    1. Dior
    2. Valentino–a VERY close second!
    3. Armani
    4. Chanel
    5. L’Wren Scott
    I hated the L’Wren and I didn’t like the Chanel very much. :( But the Dior and the Valentino more than made up for them!! :)

25. Blush May 27, 2013 at 02:07 #

This armani is her best dress yet. I think some of her looks have been overrated, but the white lacy gown and this gown are top notch. She really loves playing movie star and showing off these looks. I knew when she was named juror she would take advantage of the red carpet as much as she could. She came here to dominate the red carpet at Cannes and fashionistas are losing their minds over it.

• Fashion Guru May 27, 2013 at 02:24 #

Mind lost, dahling. Mind lost.

26. Tara May 27, 2013 at 02:12 #

Pure elegance!!! Adore!

27. Pedro May 27, 2013 at 03:31 #

Wow wow WOOOW!

Perfection! Queen Nicole looks flawless.

Classic, classy, stylish and STUNNING!

The biggest fashion icon of our time.

Love! Another BDOTY

• Ariel May 27, 2013 at 11:21 #

+ 100000000000

28. Prudence May 27, 2013 at 04:59 #

I was really hoping she was going to close the ceremony with a red-baliancaga-at-the-oscars amazingness but sadly she did not. I really really wish that dress had been navy or red or any colour but white, nude, beige. She is far too fair for colors like that, she just looks BLAH and cannot shine through all the lightness. In addition, that hair is some hot mess, like a simple bun would have sufficed whats with the rats nest? Unlike most of you, Nicole really failed to impress me at Cannes, I had big expections, maybe too big. Her dior is still the best of the bunch.

29. Tiger Nueng May 27, 2013 at 06:05 #

Queen of the Cannes sure!

for me

1.Christian Dior – Opening Ceremony
    2.Valentino – ‘Nebraska’ Premiere
    3.L’Wren Scott – ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ Premiere
    4.Giorgio Armani – Closing Ceremony
    5.Chanel – ‘La Venus a la Fourrure’ Premiere

30. Ethan May 27, 2013 at 08:49 #

Nicole definitely should wear Armani more often

31. Stel May 27, 2013 at 08:51 #

OH MY GOD!! Oh Nicole..

32. Alexandra Wong May 27, 2013 at 08:58 #

Maybe because this photo lacks drama, I’d have to go with the Valentino number. But like many here, I think this is one of, if not the best Cannes run of any juror I remember. Sorry Diane and Cate Blanchett, but I think Nicole nails it in terms of consistency and just pure superstar classiness.

33. Noemi May 27, 2013 at 09:18 #

One of the best dressed in Cannes, ever!

34. Ethan May 27, 2013 at 10:56 #

For me:
    1.Dior
    2.Armani
    3.Volentino
    4.Chanel
    5.L’wren Scott

35. sherrie Golden May 27, 2013 at 13:24 #

Not a white dress fan on the RED CARPET. This is boring to me on her. I remember in the past Nicole had better selected dresses on the RED CARPET, what happened?

36. Jai May 27, 2013 at 14:23 #

She looks like a movie star. Perfect for the woman and the event.

37. Louise May 27, 2013 at 15:26 #

Oh my god! So damn statuesque!! She looks amazing! I have never truly fallen for a look that she’s worn so much as I have this time!!

38. EmmaWoodhouse May 27, 2013 at 16:02 #

Love the waist detail but not the plunging open neckline. Not my favorite look from Nicole, it feels like a step back from her.
    My faves this festival were:
    1. The white lacy Valentino. SERIOUSLY. SO beautiful!
    2. The Dior at Opening Ceremony.
    3. The L’Wren Scott. A totally interesting look!

39. glenn May 27, 2013 at 16:31 #

She look good, but i see better, and she need to stop with the botox !!

40. june4 May 28, 2013 at 05:12 #

im not a big fan of nicole’s but she consistently looks regal and classy in these beautiful dresses. my kudos to her

41. dee May 28, 2013 at 13:36 #

I don’t like her hairstyle. The gown is lovely but I wish it were another color other than white.

42. Jess2 May 28, 2013 at 13:41 #

Oh my, I have no idea how I am going to choose a favourite. Nicole has been unstoppable at Cannes. I am so glad that she rekindled her passion for fashion, all of her looks are contenders for my BDOTY! Love this looks a lot, love this woman.

43. coll July 14, 2014 at 23:03 #