Zhang Ziyi In Elie Saab Couture - 'La Venus a La Fourrure' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Zhang Ziyi also wore a dramatic gown with more coverage on the red carpet this evening for the ‘La Venus a la Fourrure’ premiere during Cannes Film Festival.

The Asian beauty looked heavenly wearing an Elie Saab Spring 2013 Couture look, which is the third look from this collection that I can check off my wish list.

The breathtaking lilac fully embellished gown with three-quarter length sleeves was accented with a tonal leather belt.

Opting to utilize the pockets on her gown, she opted to go sans clutch, completing her look with Boucheron jewels and an Omega watch.

Beautywise – flawless.

I love that she ended with a princess moment. No one serves you better for this moment than Mr. Saab.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Emmanuelle Seigner In Alexandre Vauthier - 'La Venus a La Fourrure' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Emmanuelle Seigner In Alexandre Vauthier – ‘La Venus a La Fourrure’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Nicole Kidman In Chanel  - 'La Venus a La Fourrure' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Nicole Kidman In Chanel – ‘La Venus a La Fourrure’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

34 Responses to Zhang Ziyi In Elie Saab Couture – ‘La Venus a La Fourrure’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Christine May 25, 2013 at 21:12 #

Now this is Fabulous! BDOTW hands down.

2. Nat39 May 25, 2013 at 21:17 #

Not enough drama to make it a major standout look of the event for me and I´m getting a sense of deja vu, but this is really pretty, a beautiful princess moment, a strong contender for BDOTD.

• hh May 25, 2013 at 22:52 #

+1. All these Elie Saab embellished gowns are beyond heavenly, but I feel I’ve seen too many of them, run over and over just in different shades. Yawn…

• Ariel May 26, 2013 at 10:25 #

+ 10000
        It s getting a uniform…

• Louise May 26, 2013 at 10:53 #

• isik5 May 28, 2013 at 10:16 #

+100. I adore Elie Saab! But We’ve seen so mant of them at Cannes and now they look so maintstream :(

3. Yeliz May 25, 2013 at 21:20 #

J’adore, j’adore, j’adore. She looks perfect.

4. Martine May 25, 2013 at 21:27 #

She looks stunning. Having said that, if I see one more Elie Saab gown on the Cannes red carpet I’m going to scream. They have all started to look exactly the same to me and don’t bring the excitement I felt before they became so mainstream. Every starlet has worn a version of this dress at some point. Enough.

• MissCru May 27, 2013 at 15:05 #

+1000000000

5. KatieKate May 25, 2013 at 21:41 #

I agree, this is a princess moment. I can’t even imagine how beautiful she-and that gown-must’ve looked in person!

6. Pablo May 25, 2013 at 21:44 #

I’m wordless. Seriously. This is BDOTY material.
    It’s going to be impossible to chose.
    Thank god for Cannes!

7. Marybeth May 25, 2013 at 21:51 #

Beautiful head to toe! I agree that this was a great choice for her final appearance.

Zhang Ziyi has given us so many fine, distinctive looks during the festival. She’s mixed it up and taken chances. Whatever she’s done, whether it’s to any given individual’s taste or not, she’s done it with class and polish. Bravissima!

• CreoleLady May 25, 2013 at 23:36 #

+1!

• Alex May 26, 2013 at 03:52 #

8. Papiki May 25, 2013 at 21:52 #

BDOTD, hands down!

9. kane May 25, 2013 at 22:13 #

Zzzz, too familiar and actually also too busy.

10. Dani May 25, 2013 at 23:17 #

Absolutely Spectacular! She looks like a royal queen! Elie Saab is the designer of the 21st century!

11. Zuzu May 26, 2013 at 00:23 #

I absolutely love this. I know some people are tired of all of sparkly Elie Saab dresses worn during the festival(I am definitely one of those people, and I adore Elie Saab), but this look stands out to me. She looks incredible.

12. Fiona May 26, 2013 at 00:50 #

Whilst I am tiring of the Elie Saab embellished dresses this is one of the best ones I have ever seen – the thousands of crystals are mindblowing – I would love to see it in person. My only quibble is perhaps the colour, this range of pastel gowns are a little insipid.. She looks beautiful, definitely BDOTW contender.

13. Tara May 26, 2013 at 01:25 #

Zhang’s pastel Elie Saab couture gown is a work of princess fashion art. But like others have said, I am tiring also of seeing Mr. Saab’s gown on the carpet. They have lost their “special moments” and are beginning to blend. It has become the safe choice. This gown is stunning and I could see why any actress would choose it, I love it as well. I only wish we could stop seeing Elie Saab, Dior, and Cavalli at Cannes for the rest of the event and give some other designers some exposure. I miss my Elie special moments.

14. Fer May 26, 2013 at 02:08 #

Am I the only one who’s tired of Elie Saab?, i mean, his dresses are amazing, but, Jesus, they are so predictable, so so , the same!, they look all the same, same cut, same dress, same everything, same embelishments just different placement. I mean, this look is gorgeous, but i feel i’ve seen this in every single color of the rainbow and i’m getting tired of it! I don’t know, i’m starting to develop a phobia for Elie Saab, in my head each day i say, please God, not another princess dress, and BAM!, there it is, same dress, different color.

Well… i mean it’s gorgeous, but… i don’t know :'( I’M CONFUSED MOOOM!.

15. Aline May 26, 2013 at 03:03 #

I think I’m in the minority here but I don’t believe I’ll ever tire of Elie Saab’s gowns. Not when they’re this spectacular and so meticulously and tastefully done.

Zhang takes my breath away here. Her styling is perfect, her makeup is gorgeous and the hairstyle is exactly the one this gown asks for. She just got a spot on my BDOTY list.

• ahot May 26, 2013 at 13:47 #

ITA!

• EmmaWoodhouse May 27, 2013 at 15:31 #

I am with you 100%!!! This look is STUNNING. It is beyond fabulous for me and is my BDOTD–as well as getting a solid spot on my BDOTY list!

16. Ken May 26, 2013 at 03:56 #

OMG!She looks soooooooo beautiful.Everything is perfect,the gown,the hair-do,the ear rings ,and of course ,her beautiful face. Many stars wore Elie Saab,but Zhang Ziyi is the best .She have the power that make you believe that the dress is custom-made for her. Even if it might not be the BDOTY,it definitely the best dress ever in Cannes this year!

17. Alex May 26, 2013 at 04:02 #

In my opinion, we don’t often see Zhang Ziyi wearing a Elie Saab gown, and she did look stunning and breath-taking. What;s wrong with being beautiful? So I give her 10 of 10. As to Fan Bingbing, too many times, deja vu.

18. sam May 26, 2013 at 07:13 #

Didn’t Aishwarya Rai wear something very similar to Cannes last year? Elie Saab couture again…

19. naomie May 26, 2013 at 08:56 #

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz
    I feel like we’ve seen this look waaay too much for this to be some breath taking moment.
    Also, I don’t think this shade of lilac works with her skin tone. It should have been a warmer shade, not a cold one.

20. Jess2 May 26, 2013 at 12:54 #

Oh I love this so much, she is stunning! Zhang sure knows how to deliver, she is fast becoming a fashion star to me,

21. Noemi May 26, 2013 at 13:25 #

Simply beautiful, she looks so graceful!

22. Elise May 26, 2013 at 13:53 #

Flawless!!

23. irina May 26, 2013 at 14:02 #

amazing!! BDOTW for sure!

24. Khun May 26, 2013 at 18:43 #

ZzzzZzzzzZZ I feel bore of this look

25. Prudence May 27, 2013 at 04:41 #

I love this dress so much for some reason that color is not working for me on her skin. Overall this is deffs a BDOTW contender