24.05.13

Models @ amfAR’s 20th Annual Cinema Against AIDS

Models @ amfar 1

Here is a round up of all the models who took to the red carpet on Thursday evening for the amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala held at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Cap d’Antibes, France on Thursday evening before taking to the runway for the fashion show.

Karolina Kurkova: Cavalli created an uber hot black cut-out gown for the sensational Kurkova. This woman couldn’t look bad if she tried. Aside from the serpent bracelet, she let the gown do all the talking…and it’s sayin’ “don’t I look hot?”

Joan Smalls: The gorgeous model worked a Givenchy Fall 2013 floral sequin sheer gown with a sheer sweater with leather appliqués. I had expected Ciara to have worn one of these looks by now. I didn’t have high hopes for this portion of the collection, but it does translate rather nicely off the runway. I am intrigued to see the look sans sweater.

Karlie Kloss: Is she just not trying anymore? The model wore a Louis Vuitton Pre-Fall 2013 look which is uber chic, but just not enough for a gala event. She could’ve worn anything she wanted, so I wonder why she chose to wear this. Maybe she just wanted to be less obvious like many of her fellow models at this event.

Models @ amfar 2

Bianca Balti: The stunning model was the picture of perfection wearing an Alberta Ferretti Fall 2013 black tiered tulle and chiffon gown. Of the models, she was easily one of my favourites.

Alessandra Ambrosio: Looking beautiful is her job, and she’s very good at it. This Zuhair Murad Spring 2013 Couture sleeveless, nude silk chiffon gown with beaded embroidery across the waist and a sweeping train was made to grace the red carpet at a gala.

Models @ amfar 3

Irina Shayk: The hits just keep on coming with Irina going one better in this gorgeous pink sleeveless Elie Saab Spring 2013 deep v-neck gown. Usually I find Irina uber tacky, but she pleasantly surprised me on this occasion. A pink leather belt gold clutch completed her look.

Liberty Ross: The model/actress seems to be the one person who has unlimited access to the Balmain collection. Some of the pieces have grown tired as mentioned in a previous post, however, this quilted satin creation is one of the better pieces. I would’ve loved a slicker bun, but she worked it.

Lily Donaldson: Along with Irina, Lily was the brightest of the bunch wearing a red Emilio Pucci gown.

Models @ amfar 4

Chanel Iman: The model channels her inner Alexis Colby Carrington and it’s not good. She’s aged about 20 years here.

Petra Nemcova: Wearing Elie Saab for a second night in a row, the model selected a deep blue hue on this occasion which she styled with Chopard jewels.

Eva Herzigova: The model becomes one of many stars who have selected Dior during this festival. Her gown of choice was a white silk evening gown with a cut-out detail at the neckline for a fuss-free look.

models amfar 6

Izabel Goulart: Opting for a goddess green Elie Saab gown, the model should have left the emerald necklace in the vault. The dress and ring combo was enough bedazzlement for this look.

Selita Ebanks: So many of her fellow models were working the sexy angle, whereas Selita tried to give us a fairytale princess in her frou frou gown. However, a fairytale princess would never try to work a slit like that. Nude Jimmy Choo ‘Lance’ sandals completed her look.

Liu Wen: She is the epitome of elegance in Cavalli once again.

Credit: Getty

Milla Jovovich In Valentino Couture - amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Milla Jovovich In Valentino Couture – amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

amfAR's 20th Annual Cinema Against AIDS Red Carpet Round Up

amfAR’s 20th Annual Cinema Against AIDS Red Carpet Round Up

39 Responses to Models @ amfAR’s 20th Annual Cinema Against AIDS

1. Christine May 24, 2013 at 04:12 #

My number 1 favorite is Karolina. HOT MAMA! She elevates this look to a higher degree.

I also liked Irina Shayk and Joan Smalls looks.

2. dunzoo May 24, 2013 at 04:32 #

Karolina rules, she is a true godess. I also like Izabel’s look, sans the necklace.

3. Andrianto May 24, 2013 at 04:52 #

KK (karolina) shows the girls how Supermodel in Cannes should be! Queen of the models.

Joan is second best. Very unexpected in a cool givenchy way.

What happen to youngster like Karlie and Chanel?
    They dressed so old. They look older than KK or Joan.

4. Whoop whoop May 24, 2013 at 04:55 #

I actually find myself really liking Joan Smalls’ look as well. it’s different but doesnt come off as try-hard

• Liz May 24, 2013 at 16:38 #

+1!!

5. Prudence May 24, 2013 at 05:08 #

my faves are Joan Smalls, Alessandra and Bianca Balti. They are easly the top best dressed at this event!!
    Isabela…you are too beautiful to wear something so attention seeking.

6. Alex May 24, 2013 at 05:09 #

Karlie won! For me, she is the most unique one among all these super models. I was tired to see gowns and gowns and gowns in these few days, to be honest. She really didn’t need to put a hot or grand gown. Less is more.

7. Marybeth May 24, 2013 at 05:25 #

I think Bianca’s look is my favorite, despite my dislike of ombre hair. It’s so elegant and feminine.

I feel like I’ve seen Karolina’s dress (or something like it) 100 times before but I don’t care. The perfect styling, the stature, the attitude — fierce!

• kane May 24, 2013 at 05:36 #

I agree about Karolina’s dress. It has a déjà-vu feel to it, but I can’t take my eyes off it. Poor Isabeli: I can’t help compare the two and her look pales even more than it normally would.

8. noo May 24, 2013 at 05:43 #

Karolina was my absolute favorite here! I also loved joan and bianca’s looks! I feel like the givenchy dress wouldn’t work on many actresses but joan has the stature and posture to do it justice!

9. Emily May 24, 2013 at 06:30 #

Lily Donaldson!!! It’s been a while!

10. Noemi May 24, 2013 at 06:47 #

How many beautiful gowns! Amfar is a great event for fashion lovers… B.Balti, E. Herzigova, P. Nemcova and Irina Shayk are my favorites.

11. Cc May 24, 2013 at 07:11 #

I think Joan smalls is the best dressed at this event this look is from the fall collection of givenchy which is one of my favorite collections they’ve done so far

12. Flavia Style Source May 24, 2013 at 07:38 #

Perhaps among all these looks and gowns, I might have chosen the Alessandra Ambrosio look, if the nuance would have been a bit stronger (to not seem like a night gown you sleep with) and her hair should have been appropriately hair styled for the event ?!!

The rest of the looks/actresses require a lot more attention from their stylists.
    Kurkova is not at home in that dress, even is all the revealing in the bad sense of the word.
    The green lacy dress is revealing without linen and the same is the blue lacy long dress. Again, the common sense is not there, neither from the stylist, nor from the actresses who accepted to wear such revealing dresses.

One thing is the fashion show and another thing is a red carpet event.

13. lola May 24, 2013 at 08:39 #

The “sweaterthing” looks strange on Joan Smalls… – the rest is business as usual…Alessandras dress looks divine on her…

14. Burcu May 24, 2013 at 08:43 #

I dont understand how you didnt critisize Bianca’s look is not good for summer days as you did usally.Nothing interesting about her look except her nature beauty.My favorites are Irina&Karolina.They look classic but perfect at the same time

15. Yeliz May 24, 2013 at 09:07 #

My favourites are Bianca Balti, Alessandra Ambrosio, Irina Shayk and Izabel Goulart. And from this four, Izabel looks the most stunning. The necklace together with the embellishments on the gown is enough bling for this gala and her hair works beautifully with this look.

I saw Karolina’s gown from the back and it looks SO tacky and revealing.

• Nat39 May 24, 2013 at 18:05 #

Those cutouts are pretty bad even on Karolina’s model body, true.

16. Rashmi May 24, 2013 at 10:12 #

Doesn’t Karolina’s gown remind of Prabal Gurung’s black cut out dress worn by Zoe ????

How similar are Petra and Izabel’s look!

My fav of the bunch is Bianca and Alessandra Ambrosio! They look great!!

17. Julia May 24, 2013 at 10:55 #

My faves; Joan, Lily and Bianca. The rest always the same.

18. Amy May 24, 2013 at 11:14 #

My fave:
    -Irina, she looks amazing, the color is just doing wonders for her
    – Karolina, of course. Life is a runway for KK
    -Liberty, I don’t know but I really like her look.

19. Fanny May 24, 2013 at 11:43 #

My top 5 here:

1. Joan Smalls
    2. Karolina Kurkova
    3. Bianca Balti
    4. Petra Nemcova
    5. Lily Donaldson

20. Jess2 May 24, 2013 at 13:13 #

Loving Karolina as always, I adore Irina’s gorgeous Elie Saab gown and Bianca’s dress is so interesting!

21. dee May 24, 2013 at 13:20 #

My favorite is Eva Herzigova.

22. gabis May 24, 2013 at 14:03 #

I don’t love any of these looks but the best ones in my opinion are Alessandra and Petra.
    Isabeli and Karolina look very tacky. Dresses with big cut-outs details on the waist always come out as tacky to me. No matter what.
    I love Izabel’s dress but the necklace should’ve definitely been left in the vault. It’s too much and competes with the dress.

23. MissCru May 24, 2013 at 14:53 #

Why is Petra Nemcova so unrecognizable?

My favorites ares: KAROLINA, BBalti, AAmbrosio, and Izabel.

Irina’s hair is just a NO for me.
    Karlie is not dressed for the ocassion.
    I love Joan, but from the hips up.
    The other ones are really blah, been there done that and bad styling.

24. EmmaWoodhouse May 24, 2013 at 15:55 #

I’m actually liking Petra, Chanel and Bianca (def my favorite) the best. Some almost make it–Irina, Liu, Alessandra–but the rest aren’t working for me at all.

25. Moxie May 24, 2013 at 16:11 #

My favorites are Alessandra Ambrosio and Liu Wen, followed by Karolina and Irina.

26. Ruff May 24, 2013 at 16:52 #

Diane Kruger wore Karolina’s dress in 2004. It looks way better in KK.

27. k6wing May 24, 2013 at 17:54 #

Liu Wen and Karolina

28. Nat39 May 24, 2013 at 19:06 #

Irina.

29. Parvati May 24, 2013 at 19:24 #

My favourite here is Karolina Kurkova, followed by Lily Donaldson.

30. Shari May 24, 2013 at 19:25 #

Karlies suit is banging perfect!!! No dress can beat that good tailoring paired with that body!

• Alex May 26, 2013 at 03:54 #

31. ok May 24, 2013 at 20:42 #

How on earth is the Joan Smalls ensemble getting any love? It is by far one of the ugliest things I have seen!! A shower curtain with a sweater!?

The sheer trend has got to end.

• mrs. a May 24, 2013 at 21:17 #

32. The Cherry Tree May 24, 2013 at 20:47 #

Karolina Kurkova, Alessandra Ambrosio, Irina Shayk, Izabel Goulart (save for the excessive necklace) & Liu Wen (despite the utter lack of a decent cleavage for that dress) stand out in the best way possible. Worst look? Joan Smalls.

33. mrs. a May 24, 2013 at 21:16 #

Did Joan smalls get her foot caught in a trash bag? No maam!

34. Bailey October 21, 2014 at 17:54 #