Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior - ‘The Immigrant’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Your money is safe as Marion Cotillard did wear Dior at Cannes Film Festival for ‘The Immigrant’ premiere held at Palais des Festivals in France this evening.

I do not think any of us were foolish to bet against it.

The French actress kept it simple on this occasion wearing a white Dior silk crepe long-sleeve gown with a ruffled detail cascading from the hip and a draped open back.

It almost looks like two pieces, a bustier gown and a top.

Throughout the festival she has worn Chopard jewels and tonight was no different as she rocked white diamond jewels by the jeweler.

With her hair pushed back behind her ears and rolled to perfection, she completed her look with copper smoky eyes and glossy lips.

Do you prefer this Dior look over her Resort 2014 look?

Marion was joined by her handsome co-star Jeremy Renner who wore a Dior Homme black wool slim peak lapel tuxedo, white cotton shirt, silk satin bow tie, and black leather derbies.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kristin Scott Thomas In Lanvin - ‘The Immigrant’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Kristin Scott Thomas In Lanvin – ‘The Immigrant’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

‘The Immigrant’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere Round Up

‘The Immigrant’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere Round Up

37 Responses to Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior – ‘The Immigrant’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Charlotte May 24, 2013 at 20:27 #

I saw it on TV and this dress looks great. But the shoes are awful ! And I don’t like her hair neither. I wish she had worn some gold or green earrings and change her shoes and her hairstyle and this would have been a great look.
    Still, it’s much better than her resort 2014 look.

2. Yeliz May 24, 2013 at 20:31 #

I definitely prefer this one. Even though the gown makes her look a tad wider than she normally is from the front, I still really like this look. Her hair works perfectly with the gown (unlike last time) and I kinda love the simpleness of the whole look. The shoes could’ve been less pointy, but thumbs up from me for the overall look.

• Marybeth May 24, 2013 at 21:35 #

Agree. Thumbs up from me too.

3. Jai May 24, 2013 at 20:49 #

I prefer the other look (which I loved). This is blah and doesn’t seem like it fits very well.

4. Dirk May 24, 2013 at 20:55 #

I really think Dior needs to loosen the shackles on Marion and Jennifer.

Dior works more for Marion because she’s just a born Dior girl but it is really starting to wear for the both of them.

Or maybe i just miss the OTT-ness that Galliano brought which would be perfect for Cannes. I’m stil not a fan of Raf Simons’ work for the label.

I can’t imagine Eva Green in any of his latest ensembles and she’s a hardcore Dior girl. She never really goes for simple/minimalism.

• EmmaWoodhouse May 24, 2013 at 21:58 #

+1 I totally agree. Also I find this look matronly.
      I loved your comment–it really explained my issues with the deal as well.

• admmgz May 25, 2013 at 04:10 #

• isaipc May 25, 2013 at 19:31 #

+3 Your comment is SPOT ON!

5. Rebecca Z May 24, 2013 at 20:57 #

I love this exquisite and simple dress. She looks just amazing, and I don’t usually feel that way about her. This is very elegant and sophisticated. Pretty perfect.

• Nat39 May 24, 2013 at 23:48 #

I love everything about it, so clean and simple yet amazing, the original structure of the dress keeps me interested, her clean styling (sans overpowering statement necklace a la Jessica Chastain) is on point and keeps it elegant and sophisticated. This isn’t plain or blah for me, this is perfection, 100% agree.

• Lola May 25, 2013 at 07:54 #

+1 the simplicity and elegance is liberating!

• Denise May 25, 2013 at 15:42 #

Maybe we should compare the simple looks that were many this year in Cannes. This is really beautiful but the one that I remember right away is Chastain’s white gown and also her St Laurent dress. I think that they both top this one imo.

• Nat39 May 25, 2013 at 17:39 #

For me this look beats both Jessica’s Versace and St Laurent easily and by far :)

• Nat39 May 25, 2013 at 00:01 #

..and yes this is probably the 1st time I feel this way about her, you practically read my mind on this one.

6. kane May 24, 2013 at 21:13 #

Hmmmm, another simple long-sleeved white dress that seems to have been made out of bed linen–so far so not up my alley. I guess it has to be to create the effect with the open back. It’s elegant no doubt, but fails to dazzle me. In fact, to leave any impression, which isn’t a good think at all.

• Lashae May 25, 2013 at 00:52 #

7. dee May 24, 2013 at 21:27 #

This is too drapey looking for me to like. Her hair and makeup are lovely.

8. Papiki May 24, 2013 at 21:37 #

I love it when she wears her hair like this! Definitely love this look over the Resort one! Simply elegant, with the draped back giving it some sex appeal/edge!

9. Pablo May 24, 2013 at 21:38 #

Now this is a Dior-Cotillard combo I can get on board with…

10. CreoleLady May 24, 2013 at 21:39 #

Boxy, bland, boring. And white. Again. With pumps. *eye roll*

11. Prudence May 24, 2013 at 21:52 #

i think this is the best dior she has worn all festival. However, this is no great look either. I wish they had made this gown into a different color and I am so tired of her wearing pointy shoes.

12. Maria S. May 24, 2013 at 22:01 #

Marion looks beautiful and very elegant, but I would probably be more excited for this look had Jessica not completelly rocked my world with her white gown a few days ago…

13. Moxie May 24, 2013 at 22:04 #

Big improvement, especially the hair.

14. Joy May 24, 2013 at 22:13 #

I so dislike this style of dress. I hated it on Jessica a few days ago and unfortunately I hate it on Marion. She’s one of my red carpet favs, but I just can’t get on board with these horrible white gowns. Please go away! Both Marion, Jessica & these dresses reminded me of an old fashioned grandma’s wedding dress taken out of a hundred year old trunk. And not in a good way.

15. sanya May 24, 2013 at 22:31 #

I love it! She looks like a diva, and it has been while since the last time she looked like one. I am also happy that white color had so many great moments this year (Jessica, Sheron, Deutzen, Marion…) :)

16. Fiona May 25, 2013 at 01:03 #

Another “simple” white dress – boring. The dress is ok, but the shoes are wrong for this style and I am not inspired by the hair – and why no earrings? Everyone is taking themselves way too seriously at the moment.

17. Maria Jose de Rivas May 25, 2013 at 01:15 #

I’m very bored of seeing her and Jennifer Lawrence in Dior. It does not make me wish to purchase any of pieces.

18. justme May 25, 2013 at 01:54 #

I don’t like the tailoring or the styling (hair, shoes, pumps… nothing works imo) BUT it’s still far superior to her “Blood ties” premiere look.

19. Sashaqueenie May 25, 2013 at 02:00 #

I really do not like the dress on her at all. It makes her look generic, pedestrian even. So common, too simple.
    There’s no flair, no exuberance. It has failed as a Red Carpet dress.
    It’s not a major faux pas. Just … forgettable.

20. Alicat May 25, 2013 at 02:12 #

It is an elegant gown. It has more impact when viewed from the side and back, like in the photo of her walking up the stairs. Her hair and makeup are spot on. It is a beautiful, understated look, so it does not have wow factor.

21. Christine May 25, 2013 at 03:05 #

She looks chic but I love her Resort 2014 over this one.

22. Derro May 25, 2013 at 03:19 #

I hate this. The resort look was fun and glamorous, sheer perfection. This is matronly and unflattering and not very pretty at all.

23. MaddyEliza May 25, 2013 at 03:34 #

Definitely an improvement over the Dior Resort look, but that doesn’t mean I’m crazy about it. :( I’m SO SICK of Dior, especially on Marion & Jennifer…they can do so much better. :(

24. Jess2 May 25, 2013 at 09:04 #

I love everything about this look. She looks elegant and chic, I particularly love her hair and makeup. I like this much more than her previous look.

25. Ariel May 25, 2013 at 13:09 #

Too simple, too safe, and totally washy.

26. gabis May 25, 2013 at 14:55 #

I prefer the look book dress which is sophisticated, sexy and modern. Marion’s version is on the edge of matronliness. Thankfully her beauty and elegance prevents the matronliness from overpowering the look.
    It’s a well played minimalist look and she’s gorgeous. But I wish she had kept the original version of the dress and had ditched one of the two bracelets she’s wearing.
    Her hair and makeup are flawless and well cordinated with the outfit this time.

27. sarah May 27, 2013 at 06:56 #

Sophisticated. Elegant. Classy. Sheek. Sexy in a dignified way.