Anna Dello Russo In Balenciaga – amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Anna Dello Russo In Balenciaga - amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Anna Dello Russo added some life to the red carpet at amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS Gala held at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Cap d’Antibes, France on Thursday evening.

The Vogue editor-at-large was one of the few bright sparks on this red carpet, opting for a flamenco style Balenciaga Spring 2013 look which showed off her yoga toned bod to perfection.

We’ve seen this style twice before on the red carpet, but this is the first time it has been worn with conviction.

A Bulgari clutch and jewels completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kylie Minogue In Roberto Cavalli - amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Kylie Minogue In Roberto Cavalli – amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Milla Jovovich In Valentino Couture - amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Milla Jovovich In Valentino Couture – amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

41 Responses to Anna Dello Russo In Balenciaga – amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

1. Christine May 24, 2013 at 02:42 #

She is not selling this look to me. Girl, just stop.

• justme May 24, 2013 at 14:44 #

lmbo @ “girl, just stop”. I think that every time I see her.

2. Nat39 May 24, 2013 at 02:44 #

She almost scares me here.

• Yeliz May 24, 2013 at 09:00 #

LOL, me too. Not liking this one bit.

• Rashmi May 24, 2013 at 10:19 #

Hahaha same here, the look she is giving added with those limp hair is scarrrrry!

3. dunzoo May 24, 2013 at 02:45 #

I don’t like it on Liya, and it doesn’t work on Anna Dello Russo, she’s trying too hard, as usual.

4. Fiona-Brasil May 24, 2013 at 03:09 #

I think Anna wears it much better than Lia. It is a fun look for a pool party or for carnival…

5. Mimi May 24, 2013 at 03:13 #

I think it’s about time this woman started dressing her age, the more youthful a look she tries to pull off, the older she ends up looking.

• dee May 24, 2013 at 13:21 #

I agree. She always looks ridiculous to me.

• Anj May 24, 2013 at 17:04 #

The problem is I’m always surprised by her age (51). She looks 75. She should probably dress how she looks. Either that or lay off the tanning.

• CreoleLady May 24, 2013 at 18:44 #

+1. The youthfulness of the outfit highlights her age, making her look even older than she is. She may be having fun but there is difference between having someone laugh with you vs at you. She — along with Madonna — are pretty close to stepping over the line into caricature.

6. Pedro May 24, 2013 at 03:17 #

I love Anna and she looks amazing!

7. KatieKate May 24, 2013 at 03:36 #

J’adore ADR! In my book she always looks awesome because she carries herself with such confidence, yet doesn’t take herself too seriously–a much admired and lacking quality amongst the fashion “elite”.

• elizd May 24, 2013 at 04:23 #

“…carries herself with such confidence, yet doesn’t take herself too seriously…”

And that, right there, is THE recipe for looking awesome. Even if it doesn’t quite work upon closer inspection…

• Fiona-Brasil May 24, 2013 at 04:27 #

8. elizd May 24, 2013 at 04:19 #

An interesting look! I actually appreciate how Anna’s top shows more shoulder than the model’s – it looks more like an actual top this way, and less like a napkin that might flutter off if she stands too close to a fan. That said, with the clutter of jewelry, the clutch, and that extraordinary skirt, it might’ve been more effective to wear a plain white fitted top or bodice and skip the abdominal display.
    The shoes, on the other hand, are perfect for this look, much better than the runway version.

9. Mary May 24, 2013 at 04:25 #

FC, where can I find this skirt!?! Do any fashion websites sell it?

• Catherine Kallon May 24, 2013 at 11:28 #

try Balenciaga

10. Lashae May 24, 2013 at 04:39 #

This outfit is ugly, its ugly on the model and its ugly on Russo.

11. kane May 24, 2013 at 05:40 #

I laughed out loud when I saw this–but it’s actually not very funny. To be fair though, I actually don’t mind it on her that much. I’m not crazy about her hair covering the top nor the necklace, but the outfit kinda gets what it deserves.

What’s with all the serpent bracelets tonight btw? Am I missing some overriding theme here?

12. Pablo May 24, 2013 at 07:21 #

Confident try. But I would have let that necklace at home and tied up a ponytail with those ironed locks.

13. Flavia Style Source May 24, 2013 at 07:57 #

The outfit chosen by the actress seems to fit her personal style, at least by the way she’s wearing it.
    However, there are still some things she could have done better:
    – the long hair fight with the progressive ruffles – a la Carmen style. The hair should have been done asymmetrical to be part of the harmony chosen to create balance and unity in the look
    – the jewels chosen are not appropriate with the theme and style of the outfit

14. Dani May 24, 2013 at 08:02 #

Yeahhhh… not a fan.

15. Marilyn Bryan May 24, 2013 at 08:07 #

Wrong, wrong, wrong

16. lola May 24, 2013 at 08:27 #

She looks ridiculous…what riddles me most is that this uber-fashion-conscious lady never seem to get a grip on her posture…

17. Alicat May 24, 2013 at 10:14 #

You have to hand it to her, she dresses for herself. Of course she is aware of the possibility of negative reaction because she chooses outrageous looks, is not conventionally attractive and is a mature woman. I love her brashness and willingness to go for it in spite of all that. Kudos to her.

18. deerleonard. May 24, 2013 at 10:19 #

I know that this woman is well respected in the industry so I fear I’m alone in this but…she is ridiculous, ok i said it. RIDICULOUS. She’s original, unique and fearless ok, i get it, but she is also cheap, haughty and rude. i don’t think the issue is that she doesn’t dress her age; Sharon Stone doesn’t dress her age, Helen Mirren doesn’t quite dress her age, but they both are class acts. This woman simply isn’t. TERRIBLE.

• MissCru May 24, 2013 at 15:06 #

There’s a HUGE difference between Helen Mirren and ADR. When somebody is confident with their age, that makes the person look young. In this case, ADR tries to look as young as possible and that’s just a NO, it’s tacky. I agree with you, this is just RIDICULOUS.

19. Denise May 24, 2013 at 10:37 #

What’s bothering me the most is her hair, that bracelet and the necklace. She gets a pass just for her confidence.

20. Petra May 24, 2013 at 10:40 #

Oh that confidence ! She totally owns this look.

21. Patricia May 24, 2013 at 11:18 #

Awful. Sad to say, but this lady is too old to wear this kind of youthful outfit.

22. kinella May 24, 2013 at 11:26 #

dear Anna, cover those legs and start to wear what is age appropriate for you, you can still have fun with clothes without being ridiculous.

• dee May 24, 2013 at 13:22 #

23. Fanny May 24, 2013 at 11:51 #

I actually like it. She’s commited!

24. gabis May 24, 2013 at 14:29 #

Honestly I don’t find it all bad. Is it desperate? Yes. Is it age appropriate? No. But at least this time she’s not trying to wear all the accessories she possesses at once. I could totally cope with this outfit if her leg was covered and the top just a bit longer.
    And she should definitely do something about that hair. Ironically it ages her and it’s not even that beautiful to begin with. It’s quite lifeless to me.

25. Ariel May 24, 2013 at 14:38 #

Scary!!! This woman should drastically change her look, from face and expression to clothes.

26. Ariel May 24, 2013 at 15:22 #

I just read Anna is only 51 yo! I thought she was at least 71…

27. EmmaWoodhouse May 24, 2013 at 15:48 #

I love her clutch with the ruffles, and the necklace–but I can’t love this flamenco skirt and crop top. Just. Can’t.

28. Jess2 May 25, 2013 at 09:14 #

I like the outfit but what really works is her attitude and confidence. Usually I don’t also buy into Anna’s looks but this is a little different.

29. manja May 27, 2013 at 15:47 #

1st that comes to my mind is she should cut her hair,it’s waaay too long and not looking healthy.as for the rest,it’s her,not liking or disliking it,considering the outfit itself she looks good enough,but shd have choosen completly dif outfit alltogether,so many beautiful things still waiting to be worn,unlike this one 3rd outing,or more?!

30. Sandra Costa June 2, 2013 at 00:36 #

this is an outfit for a girl in her 20’s, not in her 70’s.

❤ xO!