24.05.13 Menswear

amfAR’s 20th Annual Cinema Against AIDS Menswear Round Up

amfar men 2

There were many lovely ladies at the amfAR’s 20th Annual Cinema Against AIDS yesterday evening. Here is a look at the men.

Adrien Brody: The actor wore a Roberto Cavalli tuxedo. I love everything about this look. Looking very debonair, Adrien donned a white tuxedo jacket with a black satin shawl collar, styled with shiny black pants and a unique white-and-black shirt, topped off with Cavalli loafers. Even those of you who don’t love shiny suits can’t help but admire this amazing suit.

Andres Velencoso: The Spanish model, aka Kylie Minogue’s boyfriend, also opted for a Cavalli suit. This classic look, with a black satin shawl collar and bow tie, was styled with patent-leather shoes.

Jeremy Renner: The actor looked very handsome wearing a one-button Lanvin tuxedo with black satin peak lapels, a white cotton dress shirt, a black satin bow tie, a white cotton pocket square, and black patent-leather lace-up dress shoes.

Zachary Quinto: The ‘Star Trek’ actor wore a black Giorgio Armani tuxedo. The classic look featured a black satin shawl collar – the menswear trend of the night – and a satin trim along his trousers.

Even though I love all four looks for being so well tailored and fitted, Adrien’s unique take totally wins me over.

Credit: Courtesy of Roberto Cavalli, Courtesy of Giorgio Armani & Andreas Rentz/amfAR13/Getty Images for amfAR

‘The Cannes Diaries’ with shoescribe.com

‘The Cannes Diaries’ with shoescribe.com

Marion Cotillard In Alexander McQueen - ‘The Immigrant’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Marion Cotillard In Alexander McQueen – ‘The Immigrant’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

21 Responses to amfAR’s 20th Annual Cinema Against AIDS Menswear Round Up

1. Yeliz May 24, 2013 at 12:46 #

All look very dapper but my favourite is Adrien too.

• dee May 24, 2013 at 15:25 #

Mine too.

• Christine May 24, 2013 at 15:59 #

2. Saosao May 24, 2013 at 13:00 #

It’s usually hard to decided which males are best dressed because nearly all of them are dressed in tuxedos/suits. My advice to you is try to scroll down a little so the heads of the males are not seen and just focus on their clothes only, it’ll help you to decide which one is best dressed, and you’ll be surprised when you find out who you picked. It’s much more fun this way and you can do the same with the females too if you wish. Good luck! ^_^

My pick is Andres Velencoso suit! It’s perfect.

• lola May 24, 2013 at 14:24 #

My advice to you is to decide wether you want to make your choice solely based omn the clothes or if you judge by the whole package…?! An outfit for me says very little without “the personality inside” it!? But I guess opinions differ…

• Saosao May 24, 2013 at 15:29 #

Sometimes we’re prejudice, opinionated and even have favourites already before looking at the clothes and some celebs even charms us only by their face and sometimes we forget to judge the “whole package” that’s why I thought maybe this way it would make things easier and more fun. But of course you’re right, I never meant that you shouldn’t look at the rest.

• Marybeth May 24, 2013 at 15:19 #

That is a good idea, Saosao. I do often find myself distracted by which faces I personally find attractive. As I try to develop a critical eye for menswear — I’m quite a novice at it! — following your suggestion might be helpful.

Of course, as Lola points out, the whole look head to toe matters too, not just the face but also grooming and expression.

Perhaps I should use your method first to make some judgments and then follow-up with with an overall view.

• Saosao May 24, 2013 at 15:31 #

That’s what I meant, Marybeth. Thank you for explaining this better for everyone ^_^

3. Beta May 24, 2013 at 13:24 #

OMG Andres Velencoso is so HOT!! definitely Kylie’s best accesory. He look very dapper in his suit

4. dee May 24, 2013 at 13:25 #

They all look good in their own way.

5. Noemi May 24, 2013 at 13:39 #

I prefer Andres Velencoso. Jeremy Renner looks good, too. I don’t like Adrien Brody’s shirt.

6. Mariia May 24, 2013 at 13:46 #

They all look very stylish and handsome. Jeremy Renner looks very good but Adrien Brody is my favourite. I love everything about his look from head to toe! Definately BDOTW material!

7. Leo May 24, 2013 at 14:21 #

Give me a Andres Velencoso to go, please. Dashing and effortless.

8. Ariel May 24, 2013 at 14:30 #

Andres!

9. Marybeth May 24, 2013 at 15:30 #

Andres for sure.

I admire Adrien’s distinctive, well put-together look, but the only thing I personally like about it is the shirt. In fact, I adore the shirt. I just can’t get past all of that shine. And no socks?

10. Elena_cs May 24, 2013 at 15:56 #

Velencoso <3

11. EmmaWoodhouse May 24, 2013 at 16:06 #

I love all four!!!

12. CreoleLady May 24, 2013 at 16:34 #

Wow. Funny, black and white look exceedingly good on these men even as I tire of it on the women gracing the red carpet. I’m calling out my own double-standard ;) but can’t deny that all four look wonderful.

13. Nat39 May 24, 2013 at 17:51 #

Jeremy and Zachary for me, Adrien is starting to look like a fashionable waiter.

14. Kat May 24, 2013 at 19:01 #

I like it when men get adventurous and try enlighten things a bit since menswear is in general pretty restrictive. However I draw the line at no socks – that’s not debonair that’s just on big NO especially when we talk about formal wear.

15. Flavia Style Source May 24, 2013 at 21:35 #

The best dressed and look among the four is Jeremy Renner.