23.05.13

Roberto Cavalli Cannes Dinner Party

Roberto Cavalli Cannes Dinner Party

Roberto ‘I am the party’ Cavalli hosted a party onboard his ‘RC’ yacht, anchored in the Old Port of Cannes yesterday evening, and he invited a few of his closest celebrity pals to enjoy an Italian fest and dance the night away Cavalli style.

Sharon Stone: The actress has been wearing a variety of Cavalli gowns during this festival but, on this occasion, she donned a white Cavalli three-piece suit with sequin lapels and pants with black lace accents. She wears the gowns just as well as these masculine pieces.

Olivia Palermo: The socialite opted for a heavily embellished long-sleeved frock from the Roberto Cavalli Fall 2013 collection. As you know, Olivia can’t live without a feather accent; this time they festooned her ankle-strap shoes and not her arm candy, which on this occasion was dual-coloured and studded.

Kylie Minogue: The Australian actress worked a lingerie-inspired Roberto Cavalli animal-print slip dress with black sandals with gold piping. Methinks this one is strictly for the boudoir.

Roberto Cavalli Cannes Dinner Party 2

Liu Wen: The stunning Asian model swapped her blue Cavalli red carpet gown for this off-white laser-cut finely tailored suit. If I ever trusted myself to wear a suit that white, I would be guaranteed to spill something on it. The only thing I would change about this look are the Chopard earrings, which she also wore on the red carpet earlier in the evening.

Princess Charlene of Monaco: The fashion-loving princess wore a gorgeous black Cavalli jumpsuit, which is a tad sheer so she added a midnight-blue Cavalli blazer with satin lapels to give her some coverage. Needless to say, I need this jumpsuit in my life.

Alessandra Ambrosio: After walking the red carpet in a heavily sequined Cavalli number earlier in the evening, the model would’ve been happier to work this weightless royal-blue Cavalli gown with a scooped neckline and cut-out details.

Roberto Cavalli Cannes Dinner Party 3

Adrien Brody: As soon as I saw the actor in his white Roberto Cavalli suit paired with a white tee, the famous line “Are you talking to me?” popped into my head. Once again he is giving me pure Mafioso with this look; however, a true Mafioso wouldn’t be caught dead wearing black shoes with a white suit.

Lara Lieto: Adrien’s lovely girlfriend worked a red Cavalli gown which is similar to one worn by Victoria Beckham during the former Spice Girls Cavalli years. *memories*

Chris Tucker: The actor shows he has a thing for white blazers, as he wears his second in a row.

Credit: Courtesy of Roberto Cavalli

‘The Cannes Diaries’ with shoescribe.com

‘The Cannes Diaries’ with shoescribe.com

LoveGold Will Stream The 2013 amfAR Benefit Gala Live

LoveGold Will Stream The 2013 amfAR Benefit Gala Live

18 Responses to Roberto Cavalli Cannes Dinner Party

1. Christine May 23, 2013 at 15:28 #

Sharon Stone look much better here.

2. Aurélien May 23, 2013 at 15:28 #

Lara wore the same dress as Natasha Poly last year.

• e May 23, 2013 at 17:56 #

Natasha wore it so much better !

3. kane May 23, 2013 at 15:34 #

I really only like Alessandra’s look. Sharon looks better.

4. Yeliz May 23, 2013 at 15:38 #

Alessandra is my favourite here. Her dress is the only dress in the bunch, which actually looks good and I’m loving the colour on her. I also like Liu’s look, but I would’ve preferred her hair up.

5. Rebecca Z May 23, 2013 at 15:44 #

I think Sharon Stone is by far the best one here, though I don’t like the lace on her pants. She has the exact body and attitude for Cavalli.

• naomie May 23, 2013 at 15:53 #

My thoughts exactly! I loved her look at first glance, but designers have got to stop putting lace on everything!!

6. gabis May 23, 2013 at 15:44 #

Olivia is my favorite. She looks stunning. The blue bag really brings the look to a different level. Fantastic addition. The shoes are bad but it can be overlooked.
    Alessandra looks flawless. The royal-blue gown is divine. However, I’m a bit tired of seeing her wearing long dresses in every appearance and she seems a bit overdressed for the event. That issue prevented her from being my favorite of the bunch.
    Lara Lieto looks awful. It’s the tacky, thrashy side of Cavalli that I really despise.
    On a side note: Sharon Stone. Whilst I don’t particularly love her three-piece suit I think this is her best look so far considering the festival and its side parties. It’s flattering to her figure and age appropriate. She should take note that she doesn’t need to look half naked to show people she’s on a good shape. This look proves it.

7. dunzoo May 23, 2013 at 15:51 #

I like Olivia and Alessandra’s look (sans the cut out details).

8. Noemi May 23, 2013 at 15:51 #

My favorite is Sharon Stone, even the pants are a bit too long. I think a there was a high presence of tackiness.

9. dee May 23, 2013 at 16:17 #

Not really liking anyone’s looks here.

• justme May 23, 2013 at 16:43 #

same

10. Marybeth May 23, 2013 at 16:33 #

Here again we see the range of Cavalli, as these looks go from Vegas-tacky (Sharon, Kylie, Lara) to sharp and sophisticated.

I would have liked Sharon’s look if it were not for that black lace down the pants, which quite frankly looks cheap.

Alessandra proves that Cavalli actually can make a dress with cut-outs that looks classy.
    I love Liu Wen’s outfit. I wish she had worn a pony tail but I’ll forgive her for the earrings. Hey, I don’t blame her for not wanting to let go of them!

11. Nat May 23, 2013 at 17:33 #

Olivia looks pregnant in this dress. I didn’t like anyone’s outfit .

12. Sherrie Golden May 23, 2013 at 18:43 #

I don’t like Sharon Stone’s style lately. It’s like she is confuse on how she wants to dress. Although she has variety, they don’t seem to be good picks for her.

13. Emily May 23, 2013 at 23:33 #

Totally agree with your take on Adrian, FC :) I was drooling over the picture of this handsome man until I saw those shoes…but then he is still HOT HOT HOT ;)

14. Alicat May 24, 2013 at 00:34 #

I love Sharon Stone’s cool look here. She looks great. I also like Olivia Palermo’s look, except for the jarring, blue clutch. Alexandria Ambrosio’s simple dress is uber chic and stylish. Kylie Minogue’s dress looks like a nightie. I do not like Adrien Brody’s open necked shirt with the large necklace. It is verging on the stereotype of the Riviera gigolo. He and his partner, Lara Lieto, are a pair well matched with regards to the tacky, red dress.

15. EmmaWoodhouse May 24, 2013 at 05:10 #

I don’t like any of the looks.