Olivia Palermo In Roberto Cavalli – amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Olivia Palermo In Roberto Cavalli - amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

I honestly didn’t recognise Olivia Palermo on the red carpet at the amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala held at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Cap d’Antibes, France this evening.

The spirit of Cavalli took over tonight as she became a sex kitten in one of the Italian designer’s classic animal print gowns.

I’m not sure what happened at the party last night, but a night with Cavalli has turned her into a new woman — a woman who wears a cut-out gown slashed near the hip-bone.

It is nice to see her experimenting, but I can’t see her rocking this kind of look too often.

Sergio Rossi sandals, a box clutch and loose braid completed her look.

Credit: Courtesy of Roberto Cavalli

33 thoughts on “Olivia Palermo In Roberto Cavalli – amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

1. Prudence

OMFG!!!!! Is this what happens when you spend a night on cavalli’s boat???? I just cant handle this, I love old Olivia so much better. This world can only handle so many divas

2. Yeliz

She doesn’t have the attitude to pull this off, but the gown is a tacky one to begin with. Not liking this look.

1. Christine

+1 Girlfriend is drinking the wrong Kool-aid. Not liking this one bit. She is losing her touch.

1. Quinn

I like it too. I saw her walking the red carpet and I didn’t think it was tacky at all. I thought she looked sexy and still very classy. I guess its her presence that makes it classy.

1. Jazz

I too thought that somebody more “diva” would’ve made this dress tacky. The typically sexy dress with an animal print looks very elegant and effortless on her!

3. Rafael

Im happy she did something new! Always covered up and kinda boring! This is sexy, and she makes it looks expensive and classy. Imagine this on Heidi klum (of course), Jlo, Bey, or a supermodel…I really like this!

4. Faellie

Perhaps we haven’t seen Olivia dress like this before because we haven’t seen her in Cap d-Antibes before?

This is a great interpretation by Olivia of the Riviera style.

5. Marybeth

I’m not a fan of leopard print to begin with and I think the dress itself looks cheap.
    And yet I rather like this look. The styling is sharp and not overdone. Her hair and make-up are gorgeous.
    At the very least, I’ll give her high marks for stepping outside her comfort zone.

6. MissCru

We’ve seen very sophisticated Cavalli gowns, and then we go back to the tacky cheap ones! This is one of them. She’s not selling it, it looks sooooo cheap, hate the cutout, the shoes. Love the hair makeup, but they’re for another kind of dress

7. Pablo

Love her hair, make-up and accessories, as always.
    But the dress feels like it’s just “not her”.

8. catherine

What is this!! This is exactly the type of tacky attention seeking kind of dress i can imagine Olivia laughing at. This is the polar opposite to every thing i love about Olivias style.

9. Fanny

In some weird way she makes a leopard dress look classy, and not many people can do that so kudos to her!

10. Leo

Ay ay ay…girl so does not have the body for this dress. It looks sad on her, like she is trying to do a J.Lo circa-2001 cosplay. And those shoes with the missmatching print she thinks looks quirky and fashionable make it look more costume-y and silly. Terrible.

11. justme

I’ve always wondered why she covered up so much so I’m glad she switched it up. It wasn’t necessarily a success but I appreciate the effort.

Her styling is confusing though. I’m all for mixing prints but those shoes have nothing to do with the dress.

12. H

The dress? Great. On her? Not at all. Why? She doesn’t have the body and the mixture of sexiness + sophistication is needed for it.