Nicole Kidman In Valentino Couture – ‘Nebraska’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Nicole Kidman In Valentino Couture - 'Nebraska' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Asked and answered.

Nicole Kidman made a long awaited return to the red carpet this evening for the ‘Nebraska’ premiere during Cannes Film Festival at Grand Théâtre Lumière in Cannes, France.

The actress wore a Valentino Spring 2013 Couture off-white sleeveless gown featuring a high-neck and floral overlay.

You may remember that this gown was supposed to take to the red carpet at the Oscars on the back of Anne Hathaway before the last minute switcheroo.

As the saying goes, one woman’s trash is another women’s treasure.

And what a delightful treasure it is. Elegant styling, including a sweeping updo and Cathy Waterman jewels, is why I’m constantly wishing she is on the red carpet every evening.

The night is still young, but this look is the one to beat.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jaime King's Versus Safety Pin-Embellished Leather Ankle Boots

Jaime King’s Versus Safety Pin-Embellished Leather Ankle Boots

Heidi Klum In Versace - 'Nebraska' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Heidi Klum In Versace – ‘Nebraska’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

85 Responses to Nicole Kidman In Valentino Couture – ‘Nebraska’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Tara May 23, 2013 at 18:46 #

Just beautiful.

2. chandrew May 23, 2013 at 18:49 #

Gorgeous! everything about this look is stunning

3. Lola May 23, 2013 at 18:50 #

What an amazingly beautiful and elegant gown – she looks stunning!

• Christine May 23, 2013 at 19:36 #

Perfection. She looks BDOTW worthy!!! We are not worthy!!

• Cass May 24, 2013 at 03:13 #

4. Rebecca Z May 23, 2013 at 18:51 #

Exquisite. You are right–this is the one to beat. She manages to look regal without being snooty or threatening. She must get tired of being escorted by short men.

5. Pablo May 23, 2013 at 18:51 #

For crying out loud! PERFECTION!

Whenever I think I got my best dressed of the festival, something like this happens! No wonder we love Cannes so much!

I’m speechless, seriously. She’s a vision.

6. Yeliz May 23, 2013 at 18:53 #

One word: FLAWLESS.

• sara May 23, 2013 at 21:10 #

Agreed!!!! I know it sounds silly, but I actually got chills when I saw this… amazing!

7. Nat39 May 23, 2013 at 18:54 #

The gown is beautiful but what really sells the look to me is Nicole herself, the light pretty gown works so well with Nicole’s natural delicate beauty, and always great poise and elegance from her.

• eng-narak May 24, 2013 at 01:37 #

+++1

8. Caterina May 23, 2013 at 18:54 #

Go big or go home. I love this dress… And those earings are too die for !

9. Juliette May 23, 2013 at 18:59 #

Anne Hathaway’s unequivocal loss. And she wouldn’t have been able to do the dress justice. Nicole on the other hand….from her height, to the hair and make-up to those gorgeous earrings….I’m so glad Nicole ended up with this moment, because what a moment it is.

This may be my favorite look from her in Cannes so far, and I didn’t think anything could top the Dior in terms of love. Perfection.

10. dee May 23, 2013 at 19:00 #

This is one stunning look. I already have my BDOTD winner right here. She looks breathtaking.

11. GiGi May 23, 2013 at 19:00 #

Ann Hathaway made a HUGE mistake choosing that pink satin ‘thing’ over this. It’s fab!

12. Kimi May 23, 2013 at 19:03 #

I do not know why Anne didn’t decide to just wear this. This is beautiful and the texture just looks amazing. This is just divine heavenly. She just hit it out of the ball park for me.

• admmgz May 23, 2013 at 20:45 #

If I remember correctly, someone else was supposed to wear something too similar to this dress & that’s why she opted out

• noo May 23, 2013 at 21:13 #

I’m not sure if that’s the one anne was going to wear, i think she was going for look 48. either way she thought she was going to look like amanda seyfried so she decided to wear that prada disaster!!!

• Jose May 23, 2013 at 21:13 #

Amanda Seyfried wore a similar Alexander McQueen, Hath threw a tantrum and ended up with Nipplegate instead.

Nicole is a vision! She hides for days but then comes out looking like this and all is forgiven…

13. Marybeth May 23, 2013 at 19:04 #

WOW.
    If ever there was a perfect fit between a beautiful dress and a beautiful woman, this is it.
    WOW.

14. Prudence May 23, 2013 at 19:04 #

I hate to be a party pooper but I am not adoring this like the rest of yall. I went to getty trying to see if other pics would make me love it but I just cant because this dress is simply not suited for her. She can do so so so much better and I think we have all forgotten that especially since we have had a pretty lame year so far when it comes to RC ( award seasons was a joke and the met was even worst). I think we are now settling for these good moments and labeling them great. Overall, her dior moment is still the best and even that was not spectacular.

• Charlotte May 23, 2013 at 19:29 #

Your comment is ridiculous ! Everybody has the right to dislike this look.

For me, it’s her best look so far in Cannes. I didn’t like her Dior dress, too rigid, here I like everything, the dress, the hair and the styling.

• Yeliz May 23, 2013 at 19:38 #

This has to be the most ridiculous and unnecessary comment ever. Not everybody has to like this look just because the others are head over heels for it. Various comments are what make fashion and this blog so interesting and if you think that a person can’t have a different opinion than the others, then please don’t comment at all.

• Nat39 May 23, 2013 at 20:29 #

You insulted Prudence instead of writing a simple “I disagree because…” comment. There is a difference.

• Yeliz May 23, 2013 at 20:35 #

That’s what I was about to say. There is a huge difference.

• Southern Cross May 23, 2013 at 19:49 #

I’ve got to agree with everyone else, Prudence only expressed her opinion and has the right to do so. Insulting her dress sense because of it wasn’t called for. Having said that, I would have found Prudence’s comment less cryptic if she’d explained, at least in part, what it was she didn’t like about this look.

• dressaddict May 23, 2013 at 20:35 #

I share your opinion. The dress is exquisite, but there is no chemistry between the dress and Nicole. I think that it would’ve worked on someone like Ginnifer Goodwin or Gemma Arterton. I think that Anne Hathaway hadn’t been able to sell it either.

And Appollonia’s comment is just rude and ridiculous.

15. Fer May 23, 2013 at 19:10 #

WOW. Just, wow. BDOTY.

• Ally May 23, 2013 at 19:45 #

+1 here…
      Simply WOW!!!
      I may have found a BDOTY.

• Ally May 23, 2013 at 19:45 #

+1 here…
      Simply WOW!!!
      I may have found a BDOTY.

• Tiger Nueng May 23, 2013 at 23:12 #

16. fromchi-town May 23, 2013 at 19:11 #

Hallelujah… the Queen is back… we are not worthy. She looks regal.

• Southern Cross May 23, 2013 at 19:57 #

I agree. Amazing. What I perhaps love most is the way the lace flowers get slightly sparser towards the bottom of the dress. We are not worthy.

17. Glenda May 23, 2013 at 19:11 #

Consider me floored. Nicole hasn’t been as red carpet active as Diane Kruger was last year, but when she does step out she manages to blow everyone else’s looks out of the water. This is simply stunning, again.

18. Joy May 23, 2013 at 19:11 #

I giggled to myself when I first saw this, thinking you got what you asked for. Thanks from all of us. :) She looks beautiful!!! So regal, she puts EVERYONE to shame. She is the queen! Perfection!

19. Alina May 23, 2013 at 19:12 #

Queen!

20. Papiki May 23, 2013 at 19:12 #

Another home run! She has been so consistent! Flawless kween!

21. Windsor May 23, 2013 at 19:16 #

There is a reason why Nicole Kidman is a global superstar of her caliber. The sensation you get when seeing grace the red carpet is just different.

• Tiger Nueng May 24, 2013 at 02:12 #

I agree with U.

22. Blair May 23, 2013 at 19:25 #

Diane Kruger Who?

While Diane Kruger was an exceptional Juror for The 65th Annual Cannes Film Festival, none of her looks gave us as much elegance and drama as Nicole has tonight. While Diane attended many events while in Cannes last year, let us not forget that she only walked the red carpet 4 times in total. Nicole is on target to match that number or potentially beat it. I think she should all give credit where credit is do.

All hail the Queen of Cannes.

• Blair May 23, 2013 at 19:26 #

*we should

23. kane May 23, 2013 at 19:26 #

This is lovely, no doubt, but I found her other Cannes premiere looks far more interesting.

24. Martine May 23, 2013 at 19:30 #

Stunner! To be honest, I am glad Anne Hathaway didn’t wear this dress. She wouldn’t have been able to it justice like Nicole does. Breathtaking.

• Ella May 23, 2013 at 19:35 #

1000% agree with this statement

25. Dirk May 23, 2013 at 19:31 #

She looks like a million dollars.

I’m fine with her not making daily appearances if she keeps BRINGING IT like this.

26. diana May 23, 2013 at 19:32 #

Exquisite!!!!

27. jason May 23, 2013 at 19:38 #

What i really like about Cannes is when at the end of it, you get to see all the different red carpet moments a star had. I appreciate viariaty in Cannes. Diane gave an exquisite selection las year and Nicole is doing it to. To the momento every dress has been different. She looks great in this Valentino, it really makes her look regal and very ´icony´. I hope her next outing is an Alexander Mqueen gown or mayve Zac Posen or even Gaultier. Something different from what we have seen from her. In my opinion she should wear much much less Lwreen Scott. Things started to fall apart when they started working together. Although she has improved milestone since 2012!
    FYI this dress has some rinstones in certain parts

28. Flavia Style Source May 23, 2013 at 19:39 #

Nicole Kidman look is excellent in this dress! She steals the show, really! Congratulations on her stylist and to the actress itself who wears the dresses with great elegance and taste! All my consideration and appreciation!

29. Ramsay May 23, 2013 at 19:43 #

Indeed that’s the dress you wear to win an oscar not a simple Prada column with bad finishing around the breast – Ms Nicole knows this is spectacular and knows it’s a gown you don’t refuse – and to best honest this is far superior to Ms Seyfried’s Alexander Mcqueen – another exquisite outing by Ms Kidman who is on a roll

30. Faellie May 23, 2013 at 19:50 #

I particularly like the hairstyle chosen with this gown. I’m not sure Nicole always gets the right hairstyle for the dress, but this time it is perfectly judged.

31. Kathy May 23, 2013 at 20:07 #

Not her best look ever, but certainly BDOTD. She looks so stunning and regal. The only thing I dislike here is the high neckline (I can certainly look past it given the impeccable styling.)

32. TIPTOP May 23, 2013 at 20:19 #

Her best look in Cannes!

33. pauline May 23, 2013 at 20:23 #

This is amazing, literally made me gasp! Valentino

34. Catherine May 23, 2013 at 20:26 #

I personally loved Anne Hathaway’s Prada gown at the Academy Awards, but now I may be having second thoughts as to whether or not she should have worn this gown instead. It is absolutely beautiful, and the details are exqusite. I’m glad Nicole is wearing it and doing it justice. She looks so regal!

35. GossipRox May 23, 2013 at 20:26 #

Natural and Nicole Kidman? To the extent that botox is made of organic compounds, I guess that’s correct.

36. Moxie May 23, 2013 at 20:27 #

Absolutely gorgeous. She’s been one to watch at Cannes, and one of the only ones not to disappoint.

37. Catherine Kallon May 23, 2013 at 20:49 #

Apolgies for Appollonia’s rude comments, they have all been removed

38. Fiona-Brasil May 23, 2013 at 21:19 #

One word : unbeatable!

39. Nat May 23, 2013 at 21:26 #

Too bad for Anna that Nicole looks FABULOUS.

40. Samuel May 23, 2013 at 21:28 #

For all the times last year that I got frustrated at Nicole and was about to put it down to ‘she has lost her mojo’…she has completely made up for! This outfit is spectacular. I adore it in every way, especially the hair and the attitude she gives this!

41. Aline May 23, 2013 at 21:28 #

*le sigh*
    She really is a star. And a flawless one. I love this to pieces. This gown was on my wishlist and it’s so great that Nicole of all people got to wear it! She looks so regal. And beautiful. I’m in love.

42. Pedro May 23, 2013 at 21:53 #

Wow wow WOW!

Queen Nicole looks perfect

We are in may but Nicole already have two BDOTY!

43. TeaAtTwo May 23, 2013 at 22:51 #

The Dior is my favourite, still dying at the embroidery close up shots. This is a close second though. Though Anne’s dress was awful, I’m glad Nicole got to wear it and do the dress justice.

44. Elise May 23, 2013 at 22:56 #

Finally the gown I was waiting for, my favorite look from Couture SS13. And the result is superb, she looks very elegant. The back is amazing. Nicole/Valentino will be the second addition to my BDOTY.

45. tom May 23, 2013 at 23:01 #

perfection

46. Sharon May 23, 2013 at 23:09 #

Despite some fumbles along the way, Nicole has always been one of my favorites and I’m so glad to see her back at top form once again. What a beautiful woman she is, and how elegant she looks in this gown. It’s not my favorite of her Cannes looks, but it’s still a winner.

47. Tiger Nueng May 23, 2013 at 23:13 #

This is unexpected!!! This is my BDOTY!!!
    She gave a perfect combo to us at cannes!!!!

48. Carol May 23, 2013 at 23:44 #

just amazing! are there any words for Kidman? this woman is pure class, elegance and beauty!
    I highly doubt Anne would look this good, Kidman makes clothes work as nobody

49. Fiona May 23, 2013 at 23:50 #

Simply the best – I cannot believe Anne Hathaway panicked and turned this dress away, still then we wouldn’t have been treated to this vision as no one can wear this like Nicole.

50. Sherrie Golden May 23, 2013 at 23:51 #

Looks a wedding dress to me. She looks like she is about to get married where is the veil. Nicole is slack- a-lacking, it is a beautiful dress!

51. Sherrie Golden May 24, 2013 at 00:03 #

Ok…. Valentino did it for me!!!. I said a white dress had to be magnificent to to walk on the Red Carpet. and here it is….. superb!

52. ChannelChanel May 24, 2013 at 01:33 #

Oh the glamour! This is beautiful.

53. eng-narak May 24, 2013 at 01:39 #

I feel star power from this look LOVE HER MUCH.

54. Paulo May 24, 2013 at 03:11 #

I’ve long been waiting for a Nicole Kidman / Valentino moment and here it is at long last! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! And the other photos of her in this dress even look amazing.

55. KatieKate May 24, 2013 at 03:14 #

Fan-freaking-tastic! BDOTW!

56. Teleholic May 24, 2013 at 04:01 #

She’s back. She’s back. She’s back.

She’s back!

57. Ethan May 24, 2013 at 05:32 #

perfection! Beautiful and elegant as always,well done,Nicole!

58. Windsor May 24, 2013 at 07:31 #

Please feature Nicole Kidman at the amfAR event too! She looks beautiful!

59. Rashmi May 24, 2013 at 10:00 #

This goes straight to my BDTOY list! It just blew my mind! She looks PERFECT and FLAWLESS!

60. Jess2 May 24, 2013 at 12:05 #

Is this what heaven is like? This is absolute perfection on a whole other level! She just shines and exudes grace and elegance. I’m so stunned by this look, it is definitely going on my BDOTY list! LOVE!

61. Louise May 24, 2013 at 12:40 #

AMAZINGGG!!

62. EmmaWoodhouse May 24, 2013 at 14:17 #

I…can’t…even. It’s too beautiful. BDOTD, BDOTW, BDOTY-worthy. I MEAN. Can’t believe Anne Hathaway passed this up! But I’m so glad to see it at Cannes–absolute flawless perfection. You know, if any of us questioned Nicole’s style in recent years, SHE’S BACK!!!!

63. k6wing May 24, 2013 at 18:01 #

She looks divine!

64. Christopher May 24, 2013 at 18:34 #

I can’t believe what I just saw!!! Nicole Kidman SLAYS the red carpet with her timeless charm and elegant styling!!! This Valentino cream lace brocade gown looks simply BREATHTAKING, FLAWLESS, and GLAMOROUS on our favorite red carpet A-lister, Nicole Kidman!!! She has the height to wear this gown (I don’t think Anne Hathaway has the charm to wear it either..) , her drop earrings are exquisite, her retro side updo spells OLD HOLLYWOOD and she puts other celebs to SHAME once and for all!!! Bow down and salute our QUEEN, Nicole Kidman!!!

65. Dhppy May 25, 2013 at 02:58 #

This is making my BDOTY year list.