Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Emilia Wickstead - Queen Elizabeth II Hosts A Garden Party At Buckingham Palace

Queen Elizabeth II hosted the Royal Garden Party held on the grounds of Buckingham Palace which was attended by Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, earlier this afternoon in London.

Catherine wore a summer look to cheer up onlookers, turning to one of her favourite designers, Emilia Wickstead.

The Duchess dressed her baby bump in an elegant yellow-and-white ‘Marella’ silk coat.

Her polished look was styled with pearl-drop earrings, a Jane Corbett hat, and her signature accessories including nude L.K.Bennett pumps and a matching clutch.

This is another pretty look from the Duchess, however, the hat feels overly fussy on this occasion and I can’t help thinking that this probably should’ve been worn on Easter Sunday.

WO2704810002YWH_1_large

You can buy Catherine’s Emilia Wickstead coat from Matches Fashion Global and Matches Fashion UK.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Zhang Ziyi In Chanel Couture -  'Only God Forgives' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Zhang Ziyi In Chanel Couture – ‘Only God Forgives’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Heather Graham In Max Azria Atelier - 'The Hangover III' London Premiere

Heather Graham In Max Azria Atelier – ‘The Hangover III’ London Premiere

19 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Emilia Wickstead – Queen Elizabeth II Hosts A Garden Party At Buckingham Palace

1. GGG May 23, 2013 at 00:36 #

I think she looks great! Maybe the yellow color of the coat was too literal for Easter? Regardless, I love it – perfect Spring look. :)

• Catherine Kallon May 23, 2013 at 01:44 #

you make a very fair point

2. Ella May 23, 2013 at 00:43 #

Can the Duchess PLEASE keep the color in hr wardrobe after Baby Windsor is born?! Because I am LOVING it!

• Catherine Kallon May 23, 2013 at 01:44 #

1000% agreement…she has been so much better lately.

• admmgz May 23, 2013 at 02:46 #

• dee May 23, 2013 at 16:25 #

yes, please.

3. molly May 23, 2013 at 00:50 #

That “hat” is absolutely heinous.
    I believe the coat that Kate is wearing is a custom piece. In closeups, the fabric on the model is silk and the fabric on Kate’s looks textured, and there is an extra hem on Kate’s as well as buttons that were never on the model. I like the coat a lot, its nice seeing her in a real color for a change.

4. Lauren May 23, 2013 at 01:09 #

Her shoes are actually Russel and Bromley Park Avenue shoes, not L.K. Bennett as many thought. It was confirmed on twitter.

• Betty Brandenburg May 23, 2013 at 09:28 #

Still boring.

5. Christine May 23, 2013 at 03:21 #

Cute

6. TL May 23, 2013 at 06:15 #

The yellow color is really cute on her. But I don’t like the styling- Wearing a coat as a dress!

A coat is a coat, not a dress, hope she did wear something underneath it…

• Pam May 24, 2013 at 01:25 #

When is a coat not a coat? When it is a coat dress. Looks to me like the designer created a dress for the Princess based on the coat in her collection. That would explain the buttons and the dropped waist. I think it looks lovely. Must be hard to dress for a garden party when the weather is not exactly spring-like.

7. Yeliz May 23, 2013 at 08:31 #

She looks gorgeous. It’s so good to see her wearing colourful outfits.

8. Betty Brandenburg May 23, 2013 at 09:28 #

I widh she’d have worn the bermudas!!!

9. Sherrie Golden May 23, 2013 at 15:50 #

I like the model suit with another top and I like the top but without the suit. The Kate is dressed like the queen. This attire is too old for her. She does not have the look Princess Diana had. Princess Di always looked lovely and appropriate.

• Elaine2 May 23, 2013 at 19:51 #

F.R.U.M.P.Y.

Note to Duchess: I think it’s time you bought a couple of maternity outfits – something nicely tailored.

This coat makes her look like Big Bird.
      And please, ditch those shoes for awhile.

10. EmmaWoodhouse May 23, 2013 at 23:06 #

I LOL’ed at the thought of her flinging open the coat to reveal those cropped pants as worn by the model. ;) Obviously she’s not wearing those!
    The coat is cute on her, though not a silhouette (shift-like) that I usually fancy. It’s very appropriate for her bump, though, and I love that she’s wearing color! The fascinator is not my favorite here. I think a broadbrimmed white and yellow hat would have been charming.

• Elaine2 May 24, 2013 at 01:22 #

The Runway version is superior to the Duchess’ take on this, IMO. I had a chuckle at the thought of her wearing the shorts/cropped pant. That would actually be somewhat refreshing because Duchess is really not very stylish generally speaking……..and her maternity-wear is downright disappointing given the money she has at her disposal to have fun with fashion.

11. Pam May 24, 2013 at 01:19 #

Garden parties were made for fussy hats. Love it.